Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
use of the word "females" will guarantee friendzoning at best

And being anal over the use of the word for woman(Female) in a simple sentence such as that when it DOES NOT does not include a swear word will guarantee friendzoning too. Someone that picky and hypersensitive would be exhausting.JMO of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post

And being anal over the use of the word for woman(Female) in a simple sentence such as that when it DOES NOT does not include a swear word will guarantee friendzoning too. Someone that picky and hypersensitive would be exhausting.JMO of course.
diction says a lot about someone

Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I see many men here (and few women) are complaining about getting friendzoned. Getting friendzoned sucks but its not hard to get out of it. The secret to beating it is to not accept getting friendzoned. So when you see an attractive women, make sure you make your intentions for her clear early on. Sometimes that means doing it that day or doing it within a few weeks. Never make your sexual intentions known after months of knowing her. thats a friendzone waiting to happen. If you make your intentions known early, 2 things will happen: She accepts you and wants to date or she rejects you. Rejection sucks but at least you didn't spend 1 year on her only to be rejected. In fact rejection is a much better option than being friendzoned. A man gets nothing out of being friendzoned. By allowing yourself to be friendzone, you lose a lot of time in opportunity costs. Just think of what you could have done or the girls you could have talked to in the time you wasted on a girl who doesn't really care for you?

Another way to beat the friendzone is to not accept it when you get friendzoned. Say you make a move on a girl, she says lets be friends. Instead of accepting that and hoping she changes her mind, just tell her no and that you would rather not be friends. Tell her you don't make friends with females you are attracted to. You might think that would hurt your chances but I would bet you are much likelier to get a relationship out of that than by being her emotional tampon in the friendzone. After rejecting her, go after other women and make sure she gets wind of you hitting on other woman. You would be surprised at how many women are all of a sudden attracted to a man when she sees him with other women.
+ 1. very good advice. All men should listen to this advice.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,060 times
That's all fine and dandy but its tough when you meet someone you are attracted to and I don't mean, "I like her" like I did all the other women I've met. I genuinely love her and for me to get mixed signals and not be able to tell her how I feel sucks BIG TIME!

Plus, I HIGHLY doubt I will meet a woman like her (or of her caliber) ever in my lifetime on this planet...

Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
And now from the Department of Redundancy Department...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
The secret to beating it is to not accept getting friendzoned. So when you see an attractive women, make sure you make your intentions for her clear early on. Sometimes that means doing it that day or doing it within a few weeks. Never make your sexual intentions known after months of knowing her. thats a friendzone waiting to happen. If you make your intentions known early, 2 things will happen: She accepts you and wants to date or she rejects you. Rejection sucks but at least you didn't spend 1 year on her only to be rejected. In fact rejection is a much better option than being friendzoned. A man gets nothing out of being friendzoned. By allowing yourself to be friendzone, you lose a lot of time in opportunity costs. Just think of what you could have done or the girls you could have talked to in the time you wasted on a girl who doesn't really care for you?

Another way to beat the friendzone is to not accept it when you get friendzoned. Say you make a move on a girl, she says lets be friends. Instead of accepting that and hoping she changes her mind, just tell her no and that you would rather not be friends. Tell her you don't make friends with females you are attracted to. You might think that would hurt your chances but I would bet you are much likelier to get a relationship out of that than by being her emotional tampon in the friendzone. After rejecting her, go after other women and make sure she gets wind of you hitting on other woman. You would be surprised at how many women are all of a sudden attracted to a man when she sees him with other women.

When I tell a man I see him as a friend, if he natters on as you suggest, he's on his own. Attempted manipulation is never attractive in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The reason i dont get friendzoned is If I get turned down, im done talking to her and that's that. Too many guys hang around women who reject them and complain they're in the "friendzone"
Really. A man moves on. He doesn't stick around to play little boy mental games.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Really. A man moves on. He doesn't stick around to play little boy mental games.
It's more than that.

This might be a man that has spent hundreds of hours with a woman and truly appreciates her qualities as a person, which is rare to find in a friend, much less a romantic prospect. This world is all about finding physically attractive people we want to sleep with and discarding all of the rest?

It's a grey area for sure.

I can say for myself that all of the women that caused me true pain by friendzoning me, they were TRULY friends. And I had to consider hard whether keeping them as such would be worth it.

To me, putting yourself above the trite conventions of the dating world and seeing people as people and not just prospects you want to mate with makes you a REAL man.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Another possible tactic is to text her a photo of your throbbing man sausage (Fully deployed, mind you) along with the caption, "A little bit of what you're missing." Once she see it in all its tumescent glory, especially with advantageous lighting, she'll change her tune. Works every single time.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Another possible tactic is to text her a photo of your throbbing man sausage (Fully deployed, mind you) along with the caption, "A little bit of what you're missing." Once she see it in all its tumescent glory, especially with advantageous lighting, she'll change her tune. Works every single time.
I think I heard a story about some guy trying this to get a girl in bed with him. However he didn't think he was large enough so he tried to use the picture of some other guy's wood. It would of worked but the guy was a light skinned latino dude and the picture he sent was of a dark skinned black dude's johnson. Well it goes without saying that chaos and confusion ensued between this guy and the girl he was trying to hook up with. Ultimately the girl asked the following questions:

"Why are you sending me pictures of some black guy's c0(k?!!!"

"What are you trying to tell me?"

"You play for the other team don't you?, wow and all this time I thought you were into me. Well now it's easier for us to be friends now that I know you are not nor were you ever attracted to me."

P.S. This may or may not be a true story.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
That actually doesn't even remotely work. But if woman sends guy picture of her vayjay....boom. Friendzone over.

How about just accepting that the hot girl you want also has a lot of other guys begging her for sex and moving on?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,158 times
The key to never being in the friendzone is never giving a woman you're interested in, the decision to put you in the friendzone. The only girls I'm in the friendzone with are girls I'm great friends with and I chose to be in that zone. There are other girls I know that I'm friends with but I'm still not in the friendzone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships