Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where are these mythical "man-hating feminazis"?
A few "regular" posters in here give off those vibes, believe it or not.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
So, you don't know any IRL? Just some impressions you have from online?

Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,716,429 times
I've never been together with a "feminist", just strong women.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Apparently me because I don't shave any of my body hair:

Quote:
Self identified feminists are usually man-haters. Most guys aren't all that sexist and support feminism and equal rights except the Tea Partiers. It's the creepy ones who don't shave any of their body hair and are obsessed with male patriarchy who are no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Why is it that you and a few others have to resort to personal attacks when anyone harbors an opinion on feminism which doesn't match your own? He wasn't attacking you in any way. He made a statement that I don't necessarily agree with myself, but why not debate rather than attack? You lose.
Hey! I was called a creepy man-hater.
And I am surrounded by males that I love with all my heart.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
I've never met a single one. Not one. Even my feminist lesbian friends aren't 'man hating feminazis', but they WILL call a man out if he's being an a-hole. They will also call a woman out if she's being an a-hole, but it seems men take it much harder and like to throw out the insults. One of them (the one who lives in SF) was down with me in the LA area and a guy asked her out, she politely declined and said she had a girlfriend and he went on a rant about horrible man-hating feminists while she stood there in shock. Men don't take rejection well and then they wonder why women make excuses or just disappear?

I mean, I have EVERY RIGHT to be a man hating feminazi because of the way men have treated me nearly my entire life. But I'm not, and my best friend is still a man and I still like men in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No, but it seems like they wish they would. Just a half an hour in ascensions bedroom could easily fix it though. Youd find them in the kitchen, asking what i want for breakfast.
Ladies and gentleman, THIS is why we still need feminism.

The arrogance astounds me, though I know it shouldn't.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:20 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No, but it seems like they wish they would. Just a half an hour in ascensions bedroom could easily fix it though. Youd find them in the kitchen, asking what i want for breakfast.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:
Great! So it's ok to pay you less than the men in your profession, and the boss can hit on you, and fire you if you don't go along with it? We'll tell the neighbors not to bother calling the police in the event of any domestic violence at your house. Calling the cops is a feminist thing. You don't want to be one of those.
Sorry, Ruth, I'm not playing that game with you. You know how ridiculous you sound.

It's sad to me that you attempt to scare/shame me because I'm not a feminist. Interesting twist in a topic about female empowerment.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 PM

121 posts, read 121,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Why is it that you and a few others have to resort to personal attacks when anyone harbors an opinion on feminism which doesn't match your own? He wasn't attacking you in any way. He made a statement that I don't necessarily agree with myself, but why not debate rather than attack? You lose.
Spot on.

And Julia, if you are reading, responses like the one from Djuna litter this forum. And it is not what I would term "civil" disagreement by any stretch of the imagination. It has also been reported to the mods.

Ruth,

You asked for concrete examples, well, Djuna supplied one. Again, this place is infested with attitudes and responses like this. I could spend hours quoting them.

But I won't.

You see, I don't have to "prove" anything to you to reach my conclusion that women hate men. As a matter of fact, you brought it up, asking men in general as to how they have reached the conclusion that women hate them. How they have reached this conclusion is each individual man's decision. And as much as you and some of the other women here wish to argue the men into submission to go along with your viewpoint, it ain't gonna happen. Myself included.

Ever heard the one about the sun, the wind, and the man wearing a jacket?

You ladies have just spent 40 pages proving the antifeminists right.

You know the word they were looking for but didn't say? Argumentative. That's what I think of when I think of feminist. Not everybody sees your world view. Not everybody sees my world view. You don't see me trying to talk women back into the kitchen do you? Not only that, you don't see me chiming in on relationship advice. The only advice I would give to men is "don't bother".

That previous sentence may not concern you or any of the other women here who are in relationships,
but, when a women comes in asking why men won't approach her understand that I will put my 2 cents in. As always, it will be:

Men have quit.

Again. For you women the world is perfect relationship-wise. And we all know things never change. As a matter of fact, we still have a middle-aged white guy as president.

Or do we?

Yup. Things never change.

At least you ladies with your dismissive attitudes had better hope so.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've never met a single one. Not one. Even my feminist lesbian friends aren't 'man hating feminazis', but they WILL call a man out if he's being an a-hole. They will also call a woman out if she's being an a-hole, but it seems men take it much harder and like to throw out the insults. One of them (the one who lives in SF) was down with me in the LA area and a guy asked her out, she politely declined and said she had a girlfriend and he went on a rant about horrible man-hating feminists while she stood there in shock. Men don't take rejection well and then they wonder why women make excuses or just disappear?

I mean, I have EVERY RIGHT to be a man hating feminazi because of the way men have treated me nearly my entire life. But I'm not, and my best friend is still a man and I still like men in general.

Ladies and gentleman, THIS is why we still need feminism.

The arrogance astounds me, though I know it shouldn't.
I think he meant it tongue-in-cheek. It was a joke, lighten up. The only thing it proves to me is that some of you self-proclaimed feminists can't take a joke, or you take yourselves too seriously.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
So, you don't know any IRL? Just some impressions you have from online?
I've met lots of women who refer to men as dogs, creepers or think every man is staring at them or some who claim to have been feminists. I generally steer clear of people in general who judge a human being because of their gender, race or anything else. I don't believe that men and woman can be lumped into a collective group. It's all nonsense. Many people on earth suffer from some form of discrimination or unfairness. The best thing we can do is to ensure there are laws to protect people in general from being unfairly discriminated against. Rapists should be locked up for an eternity (and would be if I had my way).

As for some feminists who claim they love men, I say they love men who are weak enough to follow their agenda, men who can be silenced, demasculated and feminized to the point that such women deem them not to be any kind of threat. Such men would never dream question feminism or its motives. My point has been proven just by reading some of the vitriolic posts in this thread containing personal attacks, or the inability of certain posters to take a joke.

Have any of you given any thought to the fact that some women like manly, gregarious men who flirt? Some women dress in revealing clothes because they WANT to attract male attention. I know some women who don't support modern day feminism.

Perhaps it may surprise you to know that even though we question or disagree with feminism, we don't believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and we support equality and we believe that rapists should be punished as severely as those who commit murder? Rape is a serious crime, but I am disappointed that many women lump all men into one category and see them as potential threats, like those Slutwalkers. I would have had more respect if those women had protested on Capitol Hill, or had actually volunteered at women's shelters to help actual rape victims, rather than putting themselves out there to just divide men and women even more.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: WE ARE ALL HUMAN! There's a chance that NASA may have found evidence of life on Mars, which is something we should all be excited about, rather than focussing on movements that often just divide us.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, feminists and non-feminists alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.