Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, Virijat, why on earth would I want to get married just for that when I can come here and pound your posts into a bloody pulp?
Uhhh I'm so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Being married is great for a woman but not so great for a man.
Basically until the laws are little more fair on a mans side this poster I'm quoting can't be beat. Marriage was great in the 1920's but these days it's not really needed.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I guess people wonder why such a great guy hasn't been snatched up yet!
maybe. There can be all kinds of hypothesis. What matters though is I'm still single lol.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Being single has given me a tremendous amount of freedom, which I very much enjoy, but ultimately, I enjoy marriage more and would like get married someday.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
let me esplain u.
if u r single u will remain a handsome prince forever. if you marry u turn into a frog in 24 months.
unfortunately SPCA will not intervene on your behalf when she sues for 1/2 million 24 months later.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
I'm single, mid 20s, and a virgin. Do I want to get married? I dunno. The only reason I'll even get married is if I find someone who I know damn well I don't wanna live without. I can't even imagine getting married before 30. I like to party too much and love the flexibility of singleness.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Hi SweetLike Sugar! Yep, you are right. I do feel strongly about marriage and there are nothing but wonderful things to say about him. I do love him with all my heart.

He is the type of person who had to have things in order and there is a process for everything.

He has an exgf who has been attached to him by way of a vehicle. We are together, and we are in a committed relationship, we live with one another, etc. With that said, he does not want to move forward until all ties are severed with her.

The car situation is finally over with, and now the only situation is...her dog. She left it here when he kicked her out and she has not done anything to take care of her what-so-ever. she is a wonderful dog, older. He did not want the dog when she brought it here and it was under the assumption that she would take care of the dog.

She has left the dog here for more than a year and a half and he has told her to come get the dog, etc. With her everything is drawn out, and that is how she likes it.

Drives me nuts.

We discuss marriage a lot, and we discuss wedding plans probably a few times a week.

One day we will be married and I suppose I am waiting patiently. I really do not want to be married right away as it is, due to student loans, etc.

I would like to at least be engaged.
Kudos to you for being patient. I would not be too happy at all if I felt that an ex-girlfriend's issues were interfering with the relationship.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Happily married people tend to be happier than unhappy single people.

Happy single people tend to be happier than unhappy married people.

To sum: Happiness is happy.

So, can we all just agree on different strokes for different folks already?
That is nicely stated and just about sums it up.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Legal protection
Quote:
I know some people think there is no reason in this day and age to be married, that it is merely a legal document
I thought as much

Quote:
and social standing.
I see how this could be be important for some people. It's certainly not important for me. And there is nothing inherently better about it. Social norms can, and do, change.

Quote:
What does a committed monogamous long-term relationship give me that marriage does not?
The freedom to end it without as much legal fuss.

I was hoping that the OP would answer the question though

Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Kudos to you for being patient. I would not be too happy at all if I felt that an ex-girlfriend's issues were interfering with the relationship.
Thanks. You know sometimes it is difficult, but so is life. We have each found someone who we both love and care for and that is a great thing.

It is all coming to a close, and that does feel good. We were just talking about where to get married over dinner, and when.

So, I know he wants to be married, but he just does not want to bring any baggage in with him. I do appreciate that about him.

You know, we have time. We don't have all the time in the world, but we have time. Until then, I will kiss him goodbye in the morning when he leaves for work, and greet him with a huge smile, hug and kiss when he gets home....... and dinner most of the time, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships