Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,311,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
There is no way I would ever give a SO my bank account info or FB account. I wouldn't even give my husband that stuff (if I had one). We can share a bank account, but the account that's just mine is mine. He doesn't need to know what's in there.
??????

Maybe marriage isn't for you.

Op, I don't know about time. It depends on how close you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,516,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Did you offer b/c you wanted her to know or as a way to reciprocate the fact that she revealed her personal information to you? I personally wouldn't reveal this information at this point, so I certainly don't recommend that you do it.

I asked her once if she wanted mine at some point I can't remember who asked who first to be honest. She was the first to offer her bank account info but only because she was asking me to check her account so she woundn't be late for work. Sure it showed that she trusted me with this info but I don't think she was trying to show that she trusted me as it was she just needed to know what was in her bank account. Yet she could of called her mom or someone if she wanted too.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,635,049 times
Your relationship IS new. Make no mistake about it. Giving passwords out is really not something you should do at this point. It takes time to get to know each other, no matter how much you like each other right now. If she or you want to show each other your accounts, that's one thing, but giving passwords and full access is another.

At this point in time, you should be sharing your hearts (which is hard enough when you have trust issues) not your passwords. One thing at a time. Later you can and should do more if that works out.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:39 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,718,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Like I posted above I have offered to give her my passwords to anything she wants, & she keeps saying she ok & that she does trust me. We been together for almost 7 months now. Part of me felt uneasy because no one has been so honest with me before. Like I said I'm not used to it so I'm not sure how to deal or how I should feel with someone being so honest. Don't get me wrong I want her to be honest just is an odd feeling for me is all.
She sounds like a keeper!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,516,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Your relationship IS new. Make no mistake about it. Giving passwords out is really not something you should do at this point. It takes time to get to know each other, no matter how much you like each other right now. If she or you want to show each other your accounts, that's one thing, but giving passwords and full access is another.

At this point in time, you should be sharing your hearts (which is hard enough when you have trust issues) not your passwords. One thing at a time. Later you can and should do more if that works out.

It's not like I wrote it down or anything I just went to the site & logged in for her & told her what she wanted to know. Then I logged out & that was it. The biggest thing I gave to her was my password to my computer. Which has my password all logged into any place fourm I go to. I'm not a fan of banks so that's not a problem. I need an account just don't like them is all.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,635,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It's not like I wrote it down or anything I just went to the site & logged in for her & told her what she wanted to know. Then I logged out & that was it. The biggest thing I gave to her was my password to my computer. Which has my password all logged into any place fourm I go to. I'm not a fan of banks so that's not a problem. I need an account just don't like them is all.
Great. It sounds like you have nothing to worry about and neither does she.
So, be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships