Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:35 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I guess because the women who are interested usually respond with "so how are you" They are showing some interest in getting to know me

So I see a thanks as "thanks but no thanks"
It's funny you just responded because I was going to come back and edit and say "I bet you're taking that as 'thanks but no thanks'"...lol...

Listen, coming from a veteran of online dating for many years, I promise you if she felt "THanks but no thanks" she would NOT respond at all.

Take it as "Thanks. Now I have no idea what to say back but the fact that I"m responding should give you indication that I'm interested."

Instead of getting angry, just respond back and then if she doesn't respond, THEN you can assume it was '
thanks but no thanks'...

Trust me, girls love a guy that leads the way, and sometimes is tenacious about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I would propose that it has to do with a lack of confidence in who you are, and a very thin skin, unable to accept rejection.
It's a pretty classic example of gross immaturity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I do this. They do that. I hate the response. But I keep doing the same thing. And getting the same result. I forget if this is the definition of dumb or crazy.
It was Albert Einstein who said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Some people just never get off the merry-go-round of total futility ...

Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Quote:
In public she has no choice but to say thanks. On the web she has the option of ignoring me. She would be unable to ignore me in public

LMAO!!!! No choice??? You need to get out more my man. So many women have rolled their eyes and ignored me just for saying hi to them, it's not even funny, and I am pretty sure many guys have had the same thing happen to them. So let me ask you, if it did happen to you in person, would you tackle her until she gave up the digits?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:42 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
LMAO!!!! No choice??? You need to get out more my man. So many women have rolled their eyes and ignored me just for saying hi to them, it's not even funny, and I am pretty sure many guys have had the same thing happen to them. So let me ask you, if it did happen to you in person, would you tackle her until she gave up the digits?

Well women would not get away with that in Philly because they would be verbally abused so they know they have to smile and say thank you and say they have a man if not interested.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,257 times
Quote:
Well women would not get away with that in Philly because they would be verbally abused so they know they have to smile and say thank you and say they have a man if not interested.
Pfft, who are you trying to kid?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,468 times
Quote:

Whatever dude, just like anywhere else, if a man started verbally abusing them, the woman would start verbally abusing them back in many cases.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
In general I reply with "thanks" if a man has complimented me because I truly do appreciate the compliment. If I am interested in him, I will try to extend the conversation by commenting on something in his profile. If not, it will just be a thanks.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's a pretty classic example of gross immaturity.
I was going to tell TVSG he continues to act like a 14 year old middle school student about the ladies.

You said it much more PC. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:26 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
I don't like my EYESIGHT being wasted on stupid messages.
Neither do I, so stop posting.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM

29 posts, read 28,389 times
I think deleting and blocking is ruder than a simple "thanks"? I see what you mean by you getting excited that you get a message and it's only that but if you look at it from their point of view, someone gave them a compliment but they weren't interested in you, so they gave you a polite thanks. If that happened in real life you wouldn't just ignore the person and walk away would you? They probably weren't being mean to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships