Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,974,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Totally agree. If I was on a dating sight and someone said "hey, my name is Joe...you have nice hair" the only response I could think of would be "thank you for the compliment"

How in the world to you expect them to answer you? It MIGHT be that by communicating back with you, they are putting the ball back in your court to see if you are interested. From what I've heard, some guys put little effort in because all they want to do is find an easy lay. Next time try asking them something about their profile to show them you have read it and are interested in them.

No you say "Thank you for the compliment, so how are you tonight? I;m Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,131,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's a compliment, my name, and a question
It might be a little too generic for them?

(Not that I got messaged a whole ton, but...) The only messages I would tend to respond to, when I had a dating profile, were the ones that were witty/funny.

Maybe get creative with something that's written in their profile?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,602,847 times
Dude... you need some SERIOUS SERIOUS therapy... and lots of it...

I don't understand you.... I mean really......

I don't understand the hostility you have.......

Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
It might be a little too generic for them?

(Not that I got messaged a whole ton, but...) The only messages I would tend to respond to, when I had a dating profile, were the ones that were witty/funny.

Maybe get creative with something that's written in their profile?

Well this seems to work a lot

"Hello my name is ...and you have nice lips and was wondering can I have a kiss"

LOL

Most women find that to be funny and we start talking after that

Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,268,084 times
Oh For God's Sake.

Now there's some unwritten rule according to some moron on the end of the chat, known only to him. Obey it or else.

Is it any wonder that women with any intelligence or character at all avoid these dating sites like the plague?

It is full of freaks just waiting for you to innocently place a toenail over the stupid imaginary line in their stupid imaginary sand so they can abuse you and take all their sexual frustration out on you...all for disobeying a rule you didn't even know about in the first place.

Get. A. Life.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,413,783 times
I would like a sample of the message you sent.

If it says stuff like: "Hi, gosh, you sure are pretty. My name is TVSG, how are you tonight? I was wondering if you were interested in a tickle party, and prehaps having dinner at my place? I havn't any place to sit, so I will play the part of the chair this evening."

You will get:

"...................thanks?"

Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,983,195 times
What's wrong with "thanks", TV?

If they weren't interested I don't even think they would have sent that.

You sent the first message and initiated the conversation, so I suppose that you are the one that is supposed to lead it.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,058,865 times
Quote:
No you say "Thank you for the compliment, so how are you tonight? I;m Lisa
Why would she pursue a conversation with you if all you did was say "hey I'm joe, you have nice hair"

If YOU are initiating contact and you want her to respond...say "hey, I noticed you said you liked hiking in your profile. Have you ever been to such-and-such trails? They are a challenge but I had a great time when I hiked them....or I've never been there but I've been wanting to go, any pointers?"

It's called conversation. Paying someone a compliment doesn't usually get you anything other than a polite "thank you" in return. The goal for you should be to open up a conversation that won't die out after one question.

1,601 posts, read 2,131,579 times
Quote:
Well this seems to work a lot

"Hello my name is ...and you have nice lips and was wondering can I have a kiss"

LOL

Most women find that to be funny and we start talking after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Dude... you need some SERIOUS SERIOUS therapy... and lots of it...

I don't understand you.... I mean really......

I don't understand the hostility you have.......

I don't like my EYESIGHT being wasted on stupid messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships