Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

This is what Id do. Call an exgirlfriend and ask her if her and her girlfriends have any plans for the evening and then take them out, my treat. Tell your wife that you are perfectly cool with her doing her own thing, but to not be siurprised if youre not home when she returns. Tell her your plans for that night and tell her that youre not sure what time youll be home. Try it, works like magic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 04:35 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
This is what Id do. Call an exgirlfriend and ask her if her and her girlfriends have any plans for the evening and then take them out, my treat. Tell your wife that you are perfectly cool with her doing her own thing, but to not be siurprised if youre not home when she returns. Tell her your plans for that night and tell her that youre not sure what time youll be home. Try it, works like magic.
Not a solution. Adults esp married ones trying to make each other jealous like this is making it a game that is more reserved for high school. This will lead to competition vs communication. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The original Op should be clear to the guy who does not like him that he is the woman's husband, and that HE rules the roost and the other guy is out of his territory. Not because he's a guy but a guy who's intentions are not positive to her.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Not a solution. Adults esp married ones trying to make each other jealous like this is making it a game that is more reserved for high school. This will lead to competition vs communication. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

The original Op should be clear to the guy who does not like him that he is the woman's husband, and that HE rules the roost and the other guy is out of his territory. Not because he's a guy but a guy who's intentions are not positive to her.
Never been married, but I have actualy done this before and it works like a charm. It seems to me that guys wife is showing her immaturity here. Why should she have any interest at all, with keeping freindship with any other male who is uncomfortable around her husband? Its backwards and ridiculous. How do you not defend your husband, present or notm, when someone says something like that.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:42 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:

What in the world?

I agree with not playing games, but women arent territory ...

Make it clear that you are uncomfortable with her going because of the late night time. You can't control her, only hope that she does the right thing. I wouldn't go if my husband were feeling the way you are.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:42 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
It's like some people don't read. The OP said that it's a mixed group of guys AND girls, not just a bunch of guys and his wife, and he also said she doesn't go out often. I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to go to the party with or without him. I think if he had a reason to be worried, she wouldn't have invited him in the first place. Maybe the guy that doesn't like him has ill intentions, maybe he doesn't - the OP doesn't seem to think he does, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt. It IS possible the guy dislikes the OP because of a personality trait and does not want to get into his wife's pants.

That being said, he never said she wasn't "allowed" to go, that mentality is archaic and will ultimately lead to a fractured relationship. He's decided he's going with her, end of discussion. However, for future, if she does go alone, whether it be with male friends, female friends, or both, perhaps make sure she has pepper spray or a personal alarm. Or have her call you while she's on her way to the train so you can talk to her the whole way and make sure she arrives safely, and then of course you'll know where she is and can call the police if something happens. Or she could even cab from the party to the nearest train, that way she isn't walking the streets at night and the cab ride should be relatively inexpensive. Just my thoughts.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:03 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
What in the world?

I agree with not playing games, but women arent territory ...

Make it clear that you are uncomfortable with her going because of the late night time. You can't control her, only hope that she does the right thing. I wouldn't go if my husband were feeling the way you are.

Women are not territory, or property. The relationship in a marriage involves a home, maybe kids. I was referring to the relationship and marriage. Why should this other guy have to a source of stress at all? If this were my situation and a guy was getting in the way he would only be told once to take a hike.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Concern with Wife hanging out late with friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
It's like some people don't read. The OP said that it's a mixed group of guys AND girls, not just a bunch of guys and his wife, and he also said she doesn't go out often. I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to go to the party with or without him. I think if he had a reason to be worried, she wouldn't have invited him in the first place. Maybe the guy that doesn't like him has ill intentions, maybe he doesn't - the OP doesn't seem to think he does, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt. It IS possible the guy dislikes the OP because of a personality trait and does not want to get into his wife's pants.

That being said, he never said she wasn't "allowed" to go, that mentality is archaic and will ultimately lead to a fractured relationship. He's decided he's going with her, end of discussion. However, for future, if she does go alone, whether it be with male friends, female friends, or both, perhaps make sure she has pepper spray or a personal alarm. Or have her call you while she's on her way to the train so you can talk to her the whole way and make sure she arrives safely, and then of course you'll know where she is and can call the police if something happens. Or she could even cab from the party to the nearest train, that way she isn't walking the streets at night and the cab ride should be relatively inexpensive. Just my thoughts.
As a former State Police Trooper, parts of your post are laughable. This is exactly why people end up a victim, some of them dead. If we all thought like you do we would be in serious trouble. You forgot to mention she could also holler "Kings X" to anyone who might try to harm her. You have no idea how dangerous some of the streets are late at night, especially for a lone female.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
As a former State Police Trooper, parts of your post are laughable. This is exactly why people end up a victim, some of them dead. If we all thought like you do we would be in serious trouble. You forgot to mention she could also holler "Kings X" to anyone who might try to harm her. You have no idea how dangerous some of the streets are late at night, especially for a lone female.
You're right. I don't. I live in Canada and I've never worried about my personal safety once in my life even walking the streets of various cities alone at night.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:07 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Women are not territory, or property. The relationship in a marriage involves a home, maybe kids. I was referring to the relationship and marriage. Why should this other guy have to a source of stress at all? If this were my situation and a guy was getting in the way he would only be told once to take a hike.
I see, but you're blaming the wrong person. The wife not respecting her relationship is the issue, not the guy.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I see, but you're blaming the wrong person. The wife not respecting her relationship is the issue, not the guy.
So very true.

He goes or she doesn't, it is very simple. He should in no way worry if he makes some guy "uncomfortable." That's not his problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships