Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:33 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times

Advertisements

Some people hate other people. For a host of reasons usually centered around major mental health issues. Or maybe the hate IS the mental health issue.

Back to our regular fight over which gender is more responsible for the fact that individuals on this board are unsuccessful with relationships.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:39 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Interesting article....my own personal theory (follow me here) is that all men subconsciously despise women. If you think about it, straight men have the ability to control most everything the world has to offer: war, government, television, buisness, etc. but the one thing they cannot control is a woman's sex & and it's also the one thing they 'crave' the most. This one body part is controlled by an outside force other then themselves. And men clearly have issue with having no say so on matters, especially when they decided that they should.

Gay men despise women because women are free to express their femininity/sexual preferences without ridicule in a manner that they cannot. Go around enough gay men, that side starts to show in their rude & downgrading comments and behaviors toward women.

So these things are why straight & gay men become frustrated, angry, verbally abusive and violent with women. Just a thought....
That's an interesting theory.

I've been lucky enough to have been around (and good friends with) mostly gay men who have loved women. There have been a few who haven't. There was one guy that I knew who referred to women as "b*tches". I had to actually tell him that b*tch is not a synonym for woman, a couple times. Obviously, he didn't like me telling him that, but it is what it is.

As for straight men, it gets trickier.

Do you think that this is a learned attitude/behavior or do you think that it's more of a naturally occurring phenomenon (the nature vs. nurture dichotomy)?

Last edited by tazzled; 11-23-2012 at 05:48 AM..

Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Interesting article....my own personal theory (follow me here) is that all men subconsciously despise women. If you think about it, straight men have the ability to control most everything the world has to offer: war, government, television, buisness, etc. but the one thing they cannot control is a woman's sex & and it's also the one thing they 'crave' the most. This one body part is controlled by an outside force other then themselves. And men clearly have issue with having no say so on matters, especially when they decided that they should.

Gay men despise women because women are free to express their femininity/sexual preferences without ridicule in a manner that they cannot. Go around enough gay men, that side starts to show in their rude & downgrading comments and behaviors toward women.

So these things are why straight & gay men become frustrated, angry, verbally abusive and violent with women. Just a thought....

A long and bleak depressing life fulliled with absolute horror what you post.... Doll eyes.. we have battling history, so I aint even gonna try and go there... but this is one of the one absolute bleakest most debepressing, straight up saddest posts I have ever read or seen in my WHOLE LIFE.........

I wish things aren't nearly as bad as this....

Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A long and bleak depressing life fulliled with absolute horror what you post.... Doll eyes.. we have battling history, so I aint even gonna try and go there... but this is one of the one absolute bleakest most debepressing, straight up saddest posts I have ever read or seen in my WHOLE LIFE.........

I wish things aren't nearly as bad as this....
And they have the nerve to say women just love men on here.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 AM

868 posts, read 1,121,862 times
Quote:

Actually all men don't subconsciously or consciously despise women. Most men don't want to control you or have control over you. We are not envious of your femininity.

Why am I even saying "we" to refer to men anyway? We are not a single collective and a threat to your femininity, independence or whatever else. We are human beings too.

Some of the attitudes in this forum are mind boggling at best, insulting and scary at worst.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 AM

868 posts, read 1,121,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And they have the nerve to say women just love men on here.
Not feeling the love at all.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,354 times
As a confirmed misanthrope, I can honestly say that I despise humanity. That includes both genders.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Interesting article....my own personal theory (follow me here) is that all men subconsciously despise women.
I followed you - all the way to the end of your post. It's kind of reductionist. I've got of my profiling of women I don't like and the remainder that I do like.

It has nothing to do with my Mom. My Mom (and Dad, when he was still with us) used to joke around about people we knew and all sorts of things. It has everything to do with various types I've met growing up. I know within 5 minutes if I'm going to get along with a chick or not. It's that simple. And I've always been right. The foot you get off on is the way the rapport continues. It doesn't change. Nor should someone invest in trying to change that rapport.

A few of the comments posted right after the article called it on its bulls hit. I think the reality is that every man has clusters of types of women he does not like. Any smart man would. That way he doesn't bark up the wrong trees.

This time your were more harsh than funny.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:57 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:

Sigh.

I'm not even gonna address this post any further, other than to say get help.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 AM

188 posts, read 304,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
As a confirmed misanthrope, I can honestly say that I despise humanity. That includes both genders.
Yes humanity sucks. We show no compassion and mercy toward each other and we are killing and murdering each other. This species really sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships