Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,971 times

Advertisements

never bought into the fact that these so called alpha males had magical powers over women like some people claimed i always thought it was just an excuse to why somebody cant attract women and while i still dont buy its the end all be all lately ive seen it does have some merit

My friend who was recently divorced and became single was the so called "alpha" of the group good looking sucessful guy always leading setting places up to go etc

Married women in my social circle claimed he was arrogant full of himself etc they seemed to be put off by his "alpha" aura then he becomes single lightly jokes around and flirts with these women add in a little alcohol and these married women who bad mouthed him before are know coming close to crossing the line in flriitng and touching him telling him how hot he is.

Is it possible these traits really do have a spell over women where they are off put by his arrogance but at the same time animally attracted because of female wiring? or maybe they were just attracted to him the whole time and badmouthed him in front of people including their husbands to mask feelings they had deep down?

Ladies can you see how if your mans friend was this type of guy that you could posisbly be seduced in a weak moment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
never bought into the fact that these so called alpha males had magical powers over women like some people claimed i always thought it was just an excuse to why somebody cant attract women and while i still dont buy its the end all be all lately ive seen it does have some merit

My friend who was recently divorced and became single was the so called "alpha" of the group good looking sucessful guy always leading setting places up to go etc

Married women in my social circle claimed he was arrogant full of himself etc they seemed to be put off by his "alpha" aura then he becomes single lightly jokes around and flirts with these women add in a little alcohol and these married women who bad mouthed him before are know coming close to crossing the line in flriitng and touching him telling him how hot he is.

Is it possible these traits really do have a spell over women where they are off put by his arrogance but at the same time animally attracted because of female wiring? or maybe they were just attracted to him the whole time and badmouthed him in front of people including their husbands to mask feelings they had deep down?

Ladies can you see how if your mans friend was this type of guy that you could posisbly be seduced in a weak moment?
Dude, I've read many of your posts. In a recent thread, you stated that you're 32 years old and have never been on a date.

Here's what I want you to do: close this forum, walk away from your computer, meet women every chance you have (if you're not at work, be out meeting women somewhere...whether it be bars, clubs, or walking around during the day....I don't care if you don't like bars or clubs. Do it anyway).

Don't come back here until you've been on a few dates.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 AM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Alpha Males don't exist, cause I kick the shyt out of them when I come acros... them...

How's that for Alpha crap.....

Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:

As you observed, it's not some magical trait. But being that he's the type to be stuck on himself and to put himself out there, he'll do that with anyone, single or married. (ego strokes for him, if the married women get interested.) Without adding alcohol to the mix, he'd get nowhere, though. He sounds like a jerk. I wouldn't be seduced. I hate arrogance, and I don't use alcohol, so...end of story. Mr. Alpha would have to deal with some disappointment.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,364,716 times
Keep in mind that there are different types of alpha males. There are the ones who are jerks, who no one really likes. Sociopaths are often "leaders" because of their charisma and confidence, but no one really LIKES them, not even the people who love them. They just happen to be the shiniest people in the room. Or the loudest. Or the wittiest. Etc.

Then there are the alphas who simply exude confidence and competence. I consider them "true" alphas. They don't act like jerks because they don't need to put anyone in their place - they simply demonstrate excellence, and others pale beside them. I have a few exes like this - they would subtly, quietly and sometimes even goofily dominate whatever crowd they were in. I'll date that type of alpha any day.

However, my mother was recently with the former type of alpha - he was not happy unless he was at the center of attention, and was constantly trying to keep the focus on him. He had charisma, and that kept people in his circle, but the manipulative and self-centered nature of his "alpha" qualities came out in the breakup with my mother, when he tried to turn people against my mother. EVERYONE in my mother's little retirement community saw him for what he was, and they turned away. He sold his house and moved elsewhere.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 PM

102 posts, read 153,304 times
Alpha male...maybe. But I do believe that when it comes to dating/romance women are far less logical than men. I think they are hardwired to act more instinctively. I have seen intelligent women comepletely hogtied by some guys' 'aplha' ways. These guys can be bad to the bone losers, they know it, but can't help themselves. It's kind of funny because they act like a deer in headlights. Then later when it wears off and they regain their senses they feel like **** and wonder what the heck happened. Sometimes it's comical, sometimes not so much.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
The only alpha male in this world is Chuck Norris.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
Alpha male...maybe. But I do believe that when it comes to dating/romance women are far less logical than men. I think they are hardwired to act more instinctively. I have seen intelligent women comepletely hogtied by some guys' 'aplha' ways. These guys can be bad to the bone losers, they know it, but can't help themselves. It's kind of funny because they act like a deer in headlights. Then later when it wears off and they regain their senses they feel like **** and wonder what the heck happened. Sometimes it's comical, sometimes not so much.
Yep its weird that not only are some of these women happily married but they also talk about how arrogant and full of himself he is yet they get hypnotized by him when thye talk to him..

I dont know if the talk about how arrogant he is is just a front to mask their feelings for him or they really feel hes arrogant but theyre ovaries tell them theyre attracted to him physically..

Old 11-23-2012, 12:32 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,108 times
Pointless topic. There are very few true "alpha males" in the world. And those that exist would not be known personally by people on this Forum. People erroneously assume that an alpha male is someone at their job who gets women and has an air of authority. Wrong.

In the grand scheme of things, an alpha male would be someone like James Bond (a fictional character, incidentally), Don Draper in Mad Men (another fictious character), or Sonny Corleone in The Godfather (oops...yet another fictional character).

In any case, a man cannot transform himself into an alpha male. They either are or they aren't and many genuine alpha males are repulsive: think Donald Trump. There's only so many Steve McQueens or JFK, Jr.'s to go around.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:36 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,085,791 times
Quote:
Yep its weird that not only are some of these women happily married but they also talk about how arrogant and full of himself he is yet they get hypnotized by him when thye talk to him..

I dont know if the talk about how arrogant he is is just a front to mask their feelings for him or they really feel hes arrogant but theyre ovaries tell them theyre attracted to him physically..
AD, is that you?

How are you doing man?

I feel your frustration. Many women chase after the 'best' guys and then maybe when they figure out they're jerks or can't keep them, they might 'come down' to your level.

Since you're 32, the best thing at this point might be to look for a good woman who has never played the game that way. They are fairly rare, but out there. At least I'm banking on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships