Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I just wish I were universally attractive. The type of women that all men like. They never get rejected
There's no such thing as universally attractive. Be thankful you're not universally UNattractive.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM

521 posts, read 762,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
There's no such thing as universally attractive. Be thankful you're not universally UNattractive.
There are very few people who are universally unattractive.

Seriously, there are women who appeal to a much broader demographic, and literally never have to second guess themselves like me. In some environments I get lucky and my looks are well received but just when I am feeling totally confident I'm in another environment where I'm reminded that my looks have limitations.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,173 times
Well, I've always prided myself on being funny, intelligent, and successful. Looks are secondary. All you're doing is making yourself feel insecure by worrying about it, which in itself is unattractive.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Your only ugly if you think you are.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Well, I've always prided myself on being funny, intelligent, and successful. Looks are secondary. All you're doing is making yourself feel insecure by worrying about it, which in itself is unattractive.
I have to worry about it because I've had people judge my appearance without me even asking for their opinion

Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
There's no big mystery here. Everyone has different tastes in the opposite sex. Some guys are going to think you're beautiful and others just 'meh'.
This.
OP, the moral to the story you posted about the guys in your breakroom is: (EARTHSHAKING NEWS) beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some guys will find you gorgeous, others will find you "meh". That's life. Get used to it. We all do. If you're batting roughly 50-50, you're doing well. It's really not that unusual for men to discuss a woman's looks within earshot, either. I've heard guys discussing me who were walking right behind me, or passing me on the street. Some guys lack common sense and are callous that way. Focus on the other guys.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:59 PM

688 posts, read 897,346 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Surely you've heard this, OP.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I just wish I were universally attractive. The type of women that all men like. They never get rejected
OK, I have to agree with the person who said you're probably pretty young. This sounds like something a teen would say. Here's reality: the women who are universally attractive tend to get a lot of attention they don't want. They get creeps (think: stalking), they get outright propositioned by strangers, guys who want to use them for sex and nothing more, guys who want to show them off, but cheat on them behind their back, you name it, they get it. Be grateful that your glass is half full. More than half full, it sounds like. Be thankful for what you have. You're actually pretty fortunate.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, I have to agree with the person who said you're probably pretty young. This sounds like something a teen would say. Here's reality: the women who are universally attractive tend to get a lot of attention they don't want. They get creeps (think: stalking), they get outright propositioned by strangers, guys who want to use them for sex and nothing more, guys who want to show them off, but cheat on them behind their back, you name it, they get it. Be grateful that your glass is half full. More than half full, it sounds like. Be thankful for what you have. You're actually pretty fortunate.
I would be more sure of myself if I were so pretty that i had men stalking me. I've never been stalked before

Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I would be more sure of myself if I were so pretty that i had men stalking me. I've never been stalked before
OK, this is seriously crazy. I'm sure the others will have a lot to say.

Just curious, what was your highschool experience? Didn't you get feedback about your looks by the way people reacted to you at school?

People gain self-confidence not by knowing what everyone thinks of their looks (well...except for the 10's, maybe), but by developing an engaging personality. Think of others, instead of yourself. Volunteer for people less fortunate than yourself. Find a cause to support. Get involved in the world. Read. Learn. Be somebody. Your looks are only temporary. Your personality lasts a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships