Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:44 PM

521 posts, read 762,608 times

Advertisements

I've been judged on my looks a lot. I've been told that I'm cute, pretty, beautiful & even gorgeous. Even once or maybe twice had a guy say that i was the 'prettiest girl he had ever seen'.

Still, I am totally confused about how I should feel about my appearance. I get very emotional and don't know if I am just average or beautiful or what.

There have been situations where a group of guys at work or even male friends debated my level of hotness. Yes, it turned into some type of electoral debate on whether I was hot or just okay looking.

I've even had guys argue my level of attractiveness right in front of me, as if I were not even a real person, just an object with no feelings whatsoever. I walked into the break room at work and this guy said to his friend "Yeah, that's the girl i was telling you about. She look good doesn't she?"

His friend, "Uh she aiight."

Guy replies, "Aiight. You think SHE is aiight. She fine as hell"

"Uh, she's okay to me. She just has nice hair."

"Whatever man. She look good as hell."

I witnessed the entire thing. It really hurt me and it took me a very long time to get over this. I can't let other people's opinion of how I look define who I am. But geesh, people can be so insensitive. It would have been nice if they waited until I left the room to have this little debate. Ignorance is bliss.

Still, I don't know what to think of how I look. It's clear I am not ugly but I don't know if I am really pretty/beautiful or just average. I've had so many different opinions that I'm left confused.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:47 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Just consider yourself gorgeous and the matter is settled.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
it would have hurt me too. That guy's English would have me praying for humanity.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Just consider yourself gorgeous and the matter is settled.
You are confusing me even more.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:49 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I've been judged on my looks a lot. I've been told that I'm cute, pretty, beautiful & even gorgeous. Even once or maybe twice had a guy say that i was the 'prettiest girl he had ever seen'.

Still, I am totally confused about how I should feel about my appearance. I get very emotional and don't know if I am just average or beautiful or what.

There have been situations where a group of guys at work or even male friends debated my level of hotness. Yes, it turned into some type of electoral debate on whether I was hot or just okay looking.

I've even had guys argue my level of attractiveness right in front of me, as if I were not even a real person, just an object with no feelings whatsoever. I walked into the break room at work and this guy said to his friend "Yeah, that's the girl i was telling you about. She look good doesn't she?"

His friend, "Uh she aiight."

Guy replies, "Aiight. You think SHE is aiight. She fine as hell"

"Uh, she's okay to me. She just has nice hair."

"Whatever man. She look good as hell."

I witnessed the entire thing. It really hurt me and it took me a very long time to get over this. I can't let other people's opinion of how I look define who I am. But geesh, people can be so insensitive. It would have been nice if they waited until I left the room to have this little debate. Ignorance is bliss.

Still, I don't know what to think of how I look. It's clear I am not ugly but I don't know if I am really pretty/beautiful or just average. I've had so many different opinions that I'm left confused.
LOL why would something like that bother you?

1) They're random people
2) They agreed that you look hot

It should have been one of those "okay, that's weird, but it just happened" moments...and then you forget all about it.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
LOL why would something like that bother you?

1) They're random people
2) They agreed that you look hot

It should have been one of those "okay, that's weird, but it just happened" moments...and then you forget all about it.
No, they did not agree I was hot. One guy thought i was just 'okay looking' or 'average' while the other thought I was 'beautiful'.

I've even had guy friends randomly tell me their opinion of how i look without me asking. One in a particular told me, "If I saw you in a club I'd think you were an attractive woman. But you're nothing to holler and make a big deal about." Like the wtf does that mean?? Then there were other times he'd tell me I was beautiful which confused me even more.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Post a photo we will tell you

Old 11-23-2012, 03:55 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Post a photo we will tell you
This would be the correct response.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:57 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Do you need everyone to agree you are hot? Why?

Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times
Holy fishing for attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships