Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times

Advertisements

Probably three out of my five best friends are female. That might shock some people here considering how I'm probably viewed by a lot here, but it's true.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I agree.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 AM

230 posts, read 526,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I often wish I had platonic male friends. I just don't know how to make that happen.
I'm the same. Yes I do want a romantic relationship with a woman, but I'd also like some female friends just to kick it with. But like you said, it's challenging to make that happen because men and women are so different. They communicate different, have different interests, talk about things differently, think differently, have different lifestyles and problems, and also different goals. The two live in different worlds, and sometimes it's hard to share those worlds, whether it be romantic or plutonic.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,389 times
The OP holds true 90% of the time.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM

16 posts, read 45,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
It's true, straight men and women can't be friends without either becoming romantic with each other or it falling out from rejection. If 2 people found each other so ugly and repulsive, they wouldn't bother voluntarily spending time together in the 1st place. I never befriend women except with the intention of romance because if I asked a girl I thought was ugly to go to the movies or a concert with me, she'd likely misconstrue it as a date and I'd be the jerk leading her on.
Lol...exactly

Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Really? Since I'm a guy and have a number of women that are among my friends, is that what I'm doing with all of them??????

Newsflash!
With the vast majority of women that are friends, I can deal with them INTERMITTENTLY. But, dealing with them constantly, as in a relationship, NOT A SCREAMING CHANCE IN HELL!!!! We get along well, we hug, have a little small chatter, then they go their way and I go mine, and that's the way I like it. So, your theory is just that, a THEORY. Well removed from solid fact.
I'm sure your not attracted to any of them....when I say friend..I mean someone you talk to regularly...

Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I tell my female friends that they have four kinds of male friends:

1) Those that would sleep with them given the opportunity, and no moral or ethical constraints.

2) Those that have slept with them.

3) Those that are gay.

4) Those that think they're too ugly to sleep with.

I hear regularly, "But he's my friend, he doesn't want to sleep with me!" My response is always, "Why don't you ask him to sleep with you and find out." Not one of them has been willing to take me up on my suggestion.
I soo agree with this

Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetomoveon12 View Post
I'm sure your not attracted to any of them....when I say friend..I mean someone you talk to regularly...
One of my closest friends is a man. We dated for a month or so about 15+ years ago. He was my man of honor at my wedding. We just had dinner last Friday. I'm sure many can't manage that, but some of us can.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetomoveon12 View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you all but men and women cannot be friends....sorry ladies.....the guy that you think is your "friend" is waiting for your current boyfriend/husband to mess up so he can be with you...
Not true. I am a dude and I have several female friends I know I would never want to date them for a boat load of reasons that would be tedious to list, but they are excellent friends.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I tell my female friends that they have four kinds of male friends:

1) Those that would sleep with them given the opportunity, and no moral or ethical constraints.

2) Those that have slept with them.

3) Those that are gay.

4) Those that think they're too ugly to sleep with.

I hear regularly, "But he's my friend, he doesn't want to sleep with me!" My response is always, "Why don't you ask him to sleep with you and find out." Not one of them has been willing to take me up on my suggestion.
I actually do agree with this entirely...They either have slept with them or they will never ask. Which is of course why it works out so well. That means as a guy so long as you don't bring it up it is fine and as I said there is a whole long list of reasons why I would never ever want to be in a relationship with any of my female friends so I never bring it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships