Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I believe this could be true. I also wonder if ALl of these guys are douchebags, or that's the name the OP has given to all the guys who are getting the girls....that aren't him.
That's also on my mind. A lot of people I know who are ladies men are rather cool to me...

...Maybe I'm one of the douche bags...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That's also on my mind. A lot of people I know who are ladies men are rather cool to me...

Haha you and me both man.

Basically, the guys that don't get girls just want something to whine about, as opposed to taking responsibility for their own lives.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM

691 posts, read 1,426,924 times
I get where the OP is coming from. I've seen girls fight over guys that are bums. No job, no future, lazy etc. It makes one wonder "what do they see in this goof?" I guess these types of men are easy to control, some women enjoy playing that mother role. Yuck.

Bottom line, life isn't fair. If women don't find you attractive, then that's the way it is and you either change your ways, and if that doesn't work, accept things the way they are. Women don't owe you anything so complaining about it isn't going to do you any good.

Last edited by RamCharger1985; 11-28-2012 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
If this is based on the personal experience of the OP, then it is at least somewhat likely that he has no idea about how others see him.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
But still how is this any different from women that do poorly with men like Jet who tries and tries? It's not. So I don't even know how they're rationalizing then....I agree that they think the guys must be a holes if they're getting all the women.
Here is my take: the (frustrated) guy who is not getting dates from the women he wants to date has more animosity towards the women (who are not dating him) than the (d-bag) men (who are dating the women he wants to date but will not date him). It's usually more 'why is she with that d-bag/loser/a-hole (as opposed to a nice guy like me)' than 'how/why did that loser/d-bag/a-hole (as opposed to a nice guy like me) get her to go out with him?'

I don't know much about women who don't do well with men; wasn't sure it was even possible, haha! If a women isn't doing well with men, just go online!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because douchebags are not bitter about being rejected.

And they do get rejected. They just don't take it personally, let it fester, and sign up to complain on City-Data.

Just saying.
VERY VERY good answer!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,826 times
Just asking, but why is "douchebag" considered a pejorative term. Origin? The item is very practical. A tool. An item. There must be better words for the guy, or gal, who has no appeal to the opposite sex. Same sex is another matter perhaps.

My DW says that she knows women are more attracted to the "bad boys". She does not suggest they make good mates, fathers etc. She has no explanation.

Personally, I think it is height, hair and teeth related. Perhaps even odor. I've found that a wad of $100 dollar bills has made me far more attractive over the years which I then get to spend on my DW.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 PM

283 posts, read 508,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Why is it when ever I see one of them douchebag guys with terrible style and stupidity that they have so much girls around them.

While the clean, sophisticated and authentic men are always lonely and unoccupied?

You, my friend, are exaggerating. Not all of "them douchebag guys" as you so eloquently phrased it "have so much girls around them." (Are you an english major, per chance?)

In fact, I would hazard to venture that less than half of those particular types of gentlemen are in the presence of quality female company.

I'd also reckon that there are plenty of clean & sophisticated guys out there with hot girlfriends or wives.

I'm guessing you've been having a bit o' bad luck in the dating world lately and are just venting a little.

Which is cool.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

Guys who come off as dbs are often soft and cuddly once you get to know them.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Guys who come off as dbs are often soft and cuddly once you get to know them.
Do you poke them with pencils repeatedly over a period of time to find out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships