Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
I would definitely date someone who made me laugh! I love guys with a sense of humor. In fact, if I think of someone enough to text him, then it is likely I am trying to get his attention.

It could be the start of something new OP Go for it!
hey i just might! thanks lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,606 times
sucks how being boring is worse for men than it is for women

Old 12-05-2012, 02:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So why don't women contribute to make a relationship "fun and engaging" instead of just sitting there like a stroke victim and waiting for the man to do everything.
Perhaps because many guys are 'skanky sluts' and have no to little standards other than attractive and puts out.

It's understandable to me that gals don't contribute to making a relationship fun and engaging when guys don't set a standard that she does. People in my experience try to get what they want with as little effort as possible.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,941 times
LOL - great post by the OP. BTW, that reminds me of something I once read, that comics in their private lives can be quite dark. They notice small things that they can then turn around and present humorously.

I'll extend this to friends. I'm also one of those people that others refer to as having a "spark." Friends call me up and say "You're so bubbly. You're just what I need for a pick-me up." I've also gotten from people that I bring up the most interesting of conversations.

I go out of my way to steer away from boring stuff. BUT, I do wish sometimes people would carry their weight a little more and be interesting instead of relying on me to entertain them.

It's not the biggest problem, but I've started to just steer away from people that I feel don't carry their own weight. I don't want to be the one walking away from a conversation thinking "wow, that person is sooo boring." Plus, it makes me feel like a bad person. So, I just seek out better company.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM

are you single angelcake? you sound like just the kind of person I would like to meet lol. I do try to be interesting and I do shy away from boring things and/or people.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Hi, I am relatively new here to CD forums and I have been working some issues out in my head and I came across one today that is severely bothering me and it's this ....fun and boredom..

I have what I call "a spark", some people have it, most do not. I can pretty much make women laugh, but I have to be there with them and I've been told numerous times I am goofy, humourous, crazy and they always laugh and sometimes flirt with me.

That's all good and fun, but sometimes I need to "recharge". The problem is I see women on line and irl complain and expect to have a guy that is fun "all the time". First of all, that's unrealistic. Second, I feel like a puppet and a court jester that has to do tricks for the queen to keep her entertained. I have had women tell me to entertain them as well as text me with the first phrase being "I'm bored". My response is what do you want me to do about it? I mean, I don't expect women to entertain me or keep me entertained so why should men have to do this for women?
Hmm... I love that my husband can make me laugh - even when I'm mad at him (or trying to stay mad at him!) but I LOVE it when I make him laugh! And I love that we laugh together all the time. You just need to find the right person - someone that doesn't expect you to be "on" all the time.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hmm... I love that my husband can make me laugh - even when I'm mad at him (or trying to stay mad at him!) but I LOVE it when I make him laugh! And I love that we laugh together all the time. You just need to find the right person - someone that doesn't expect you to be "on" all the time.
Yes. Can't be with a man who doesn't get my humor and vice versa, but there's a time and a place.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
are you single angelcake? you sound like just the kind of person I would like to meet lol. I do try to be interesting and I do shy away from boring things and/or people.
Ha! No, I'm not single. You sound like a riot - but better you don't find someone that just wants to mooch off your circus and provides you with just as much fun.

Hopefully, you don't encounter this with friends like I do

Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Ha! No, I'm not single. You sound like a riot - but better you don't find someone that just wants to mooch off your circus and provides you with just as much fun.

Hopefully, you don't encounter this with friends like I do
Thanks angelcake,

Anyways, that's exactly what this thread was about, but you are right it's not just about women, my friends have done it too. That's why I do need some "down time" to recharge my batteries.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,606 times
women can be boring, men can't, thats why "nice girls" can get a boyfriend but "nice guys" can't get a girlfriend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships