Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This guy is about to get an email breaking up with him from someone he probably doesn't think he's dating, based on the info given.
Maybe but they did meet online (presumably on a dating site) and people usually interact so they can date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM

79 posts, read 80,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post

What jumped out at me that leads me to believe you are just friends, however, is he hasn't kissed you, he only sees you on the weekends and he doesn't answer the phone during the week. Are you sure he isn't dating someone else?
Exactly! I was waiting for someone to say that.

I seems that the OP is on standby. This guy seems to be keeping her around just in case his other relationship doesn't work out.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM

245 posts, read 386,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Unfortunately she just sent the its over email already.

how embarrassing for her, as there wasn't anything to be over.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
I'm old school. I would actually call you to ask you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
This is actually a pet peeve of mine, but i will respond. The reason that not many men do this is because as a whole, men are slowly becoming passive like women. I don't know how many times I have heard of women making the first move, taking pics like guys(drawing mustaches anyone?) or any other kind of odd masculine things such as wearing men's clothes to men's shoes. I looked up the culture of the USA and it was classified as a feminine culture which leads me to believe that men are slowly being turned into the passive/feminine one in the relationship. I can't being to tell you how many women I have heard that want a man to be the bread winner and protector, but when it comes to who runs the household, you guessed it...it's the woman
It's annoying. I'm not sure if guys these days are just lazy or what...but I would LOVE it if a guy actually called me and said hey, how about dinner Friday night? I've also found there's not a lot of pre planning for dates. People seem to think it's fine to make plans at the last minute. I like to plan my week ahead of time and I don't always like the spontaneous invitation. Usually I'm busy already.

Regardless, I think sure the OP could have been more vocal about what she wanted out of the relationship, but live and learn.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Maybe but they did meet online (presumably on a dating site) and people usually interact so they can date.
I forgot about the online part. That definitely has a different implication than meeting by chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
It's annoying. I'm not sure if guys these days are just lazy or what...but I would LOVE it if a guy actually called me and said hey, how about dinner Friday night? I've also found there's not a lot of pre planning for dates. People seem to think it's fine to make plans at the last minute. I like to plan my week ahead of time and I don't always like the spontaneous invitation. Usually I'm busy already.

Regardless, I think sure the OP could have been more vocal about what she wanted out of the relationship, but live and learn.
The last guy I dated loved to call at the last moment and ask me to do things. It made me feel like I was an option if nothing better came along and 99% of the time I already had plans. I find even now mentioning I'd like to have a murder mystery dinner for my birthday in January several of my friends are already booked for the weekend I'd like to do it!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:

That's because the guys you are dating have lots of options.

Believe me, if a guy doesn't get many dates, he will make sure that the woman knows when and where WAY AHEAD of time and that he arrives early, well dressed, and makes sure the restaurant is still open (something he doesn't always do, when perusing Yelp for places to go with friends and considering the restaurant turnover rate in NYC.) Maybe a bit too close to home...

Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
That's because the guys you are dating have lots of options.

Believe me, if a guy doesn't get many dates, he will make sure that the woman knows when and where WAY AHEAD of time and that he arrives early, well dressed, and makes sure the restaurant is still open (something he doesn't always do, when perusing Yelp for places to go with friends and considering the restaurant turnover rate in NYC.) Maybe a bit too close to home...
Maybe. It's not like I couldn't have other options too, but I prefer to try to date one person at a time and really see if things could work out. I honestly think it's just the nature of the way things are these days. With cell phones people can easily make or break plans at the last minute, so I don't think they feel the need to schedule things so far ahead.

Maybe it's just the kind of guys I'm meeting online. According to guys on here men are thrilled to meet someone decent online because most women are flakes or don't reply and because men do NOT have as many options as women. I also hear guys say women over estimate how attractive or what a good catch they are, but I know that I'm a good catch for a guy who wants a LTR. I have a stable job, my own place, I'm not drowning in debt, I don't play games, I'm not a super model but I work out and I know I'm attractive, so I have no idea what the problem is getting guys who pursue and actually follow through on plans and make effort to call and schedule dates in advance. Maybe it's me, but I think a lot of people - men AND women just don't have a clue about being courteous or they think their one true perfect love is just around the corner, so they over look the wonderful person standing right in front of them because they are SO sure they are about to meet the perfect partner.

Sorry for the venting, but dating sucks. It is beyond frustrating.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Maybe. It's not like I couldn't have other options too, but I prefer to try to date one person at a time and really see if things could work out. I honestly think it's just the nature of the way things are these days. With cell phones people can easily make or break plans at the last minute, so I don't think they feel the need to schedule things so far ahead.

Maybe it's just the kind of guys I'm meeting online. According to guys on here men are thrilled to meet someone decent online because most women are flakes or don't reply and because men do NOT have as many options as women. I also hear guys say women over estimate how attractive or what a good catch they are, but I know that I'm a good catch for a guy who wants a LTR. I have a stable job, my own place, I'm not drowning in debt, I don't play games, I'm not a super model but I work out and I know I'm attractive, so I have no idea what the problem is getting guys who pursue and actually follow through on plans and make effort to call and schedule dates in advance. Maybe it's me, but I think a lot of people - men AND women just don't have a clue about being courteous or they think their one true perfect love is just around the corner, so they over look the wonderful person standing right in front of them because they are SO sure they are about to meet the perfect partner.

Sorry for the venting, but dating sucks. It is beyond frustrating.
Women who can get dates easily can always find a man who will adore them, be punctual, attentive, and be solely concentrated on them. Always...

Whether or not they choose to date 'those' men is the problem.

You say that men are overlooking wonderful you while waiting for Lindsay Lohan (or whomever the hot new gal is), but are you overlooking wonderful guys at the same time?

Because I know that women do that ALL THE TIME.

BTW, that last question was rhetorical.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Women who can get dates easily can always find a man who will adore them, be punctual, attentive, and be solely concentrated on them. Always...

You say that men are overlooking wonderful you while waiting for Lindsay Lohan (or whomever the hot new gal is), but are you overlooking wonderful guys at the same time?

Lindsey lohan? when was she ever considered hot?

Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Lindsay Lohan? Eeek.

No, I'm not overlooking wonderful guys. My standards are not ridiculous, I don't have a thing for bad boys...I just want someone who is sweet to me and does what he says he will. I found a guy who seemed perfect for about 3 weeks and has been flaking out on me the last couple. Sorry...guess I'm just getting fed up, but most people are flakes. Men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships