Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you enter into a long-term romantic relationship with this person????
YES - FOR MEN RESPONDING 32 41.56%
NO - FOR MEN RESPONDING 11 14.29%
YES - FOR WOMEN RESPONDING 30 38.96%
NO - FOR WOMEN RESPONDING 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,418,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yeah we all have different preferences. None of my female friends thought the guy I mentioned was in any way handsome, even though I did, but I have 2 gay male friends who kept threatening to go after him if I didn't. They thought he was totally hot just like I did. lol Oh well, I guess they can have him now that I'm out of the picture.
Definitely.

You have to bear in mind that one person's five is another person's ten. Or another person's zero. Hell, one person's 10 could be another person's zero, and vice versa. Taste is a subjective thing. People have diverse proclivities, and one person's trash (or homely person) is another person's treasure (or wildly attractive person).

People Magazine decided that Bradley Cooper was their "sexiest man alive" in 2011. This astounded me, although I'd imagine that a rag like People would likely be in tune with a majority of the pop-culture consuming public, opinionwise. To me, Mr. Cooper is wholly physically unattractive...I never really noticed his build one way or another (which is, I suppose, telling), but in terms of physical features, I find that his eyes are close-set, beady, and disproportionately small on his face. I find his nose disproportionately large and a flaw. I find his smile to be smirky. Just not getting it. I recognize that I am apparently not a member of the majority on that one.

Eye of the Beholder, yo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,569,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
People Magazine decided that Bradley Cooper was their "sexiest man alive" in 2011. This astounded me, although I'd imagine that a rag like People would likely be in tune with a majority of the pop-culture consuming public, opinionwise. To me, Mr. Cooper is wholly physically unattractive...I never really noticed his build one way or another (which is, I suppose, telling), but in terms of physical features, I find that his eyes are close-set, beady, and disproportionately small on his face. I find his nose disproportionately large and a flaw. I find his smile to be smirky. Just not getting it. I recognize that I am apparently not a member of the majority on that one.

Eye of the Beholder, yo.
Bradley Cooper is ok, but not someone who I feel an overwhelming attraction to. He doesn't give me lustful thoughts, but I acknowledge that he's somewhat attractive. I'd give him like a 6.5. Wentworth Miller (who I am very attracted to) has a 10 face with a 6ish body. Matthew McConaughey has a 7 face with a 9 body. Daniel Henney (my celebrity crush of the week) has an 8.5 face and an 8 body. It's hard for me to give someone a 10/10 face/body and I don't rate personalities on a scale. lol I just say either he's a good guy or he's not.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:12 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,652,608 times
Quote:
Definitely.

People Magazine decided that Bradley Cooper was their "sexiest man alive" in 2011. This astounded me, although I'd imagine that a rag like People would likely be in tune with a majority of the pop-culture consuming public, opinionwise. To me, Mr. Cooper is wholly physically unattractive...

Eye of the Beholder, yo.
I'm glad to read this. Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt are not at all appealing to me. At All. Just goes to show that numbering people on a scale doesn't really matter or affect anything; my numbers are so different from others that a good number of people are in my 7-9 range that would be in other women's 4-6 range.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,788,401 times
Quote:
Definitely.

You have to bear in mind that one person's five is another person's ten. Or another person's zero. Hell, one person's 10 could be another person's zero, and vice versa. Taste is a subjective thing. People have diverse proclivities, and one person's trash (or homely person) is another person's treasure (or wildly attractive person).

Eye of the Beholder, yo.
I like Bradley Cooper. But I haven't quite figured out why. I think it is more personality and characters than looks per say. It might have to do with the smirky smile, I have a feeling in person he is an excellent flirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Bradley Cooper is ok, but not someone who I feel an overwhelming attraction to. He doesn't give me lustful thoughts, but I acknowledge that he's somewhat attractive. I'd give him like a 6.5. Wentworth Miller (who I am very attracted to) has a 10 face with a 6ish body. Matthew McConaughey has a 7 face with a 9 body. Daniel Henney (my celebrity crush of the week) has an 8.5 face and an 8 body. It's hard for me to give someone a 10/10 face/body and I don't rate personalities on a scale. lol I just say either he's a good guy or he's not.
Wentworth Miller, never hear of him, but he looks like the type that I'd like only with very short hair (like shaved or buzz cut).

I was actually pleased about Channing Tatum being picked as the "sexiest man alive this year." I totally agree that he has sex appeal, generally I don't find that to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I'm glad to read this. Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt are not at all appealing to me. At All. Just goes to show that numbering people on a scale doesn't really matter or affect anything; my numbers are so different from others that a good number of people are in my 7-9 range that would be in other women's 4-6 range.
Ryan Gosling I can definitely do without. I only like clean cut Brad Pitt. Once he gets scruffy, then he loses all appeal. For a pretty boy choice, I much prefer Matt Bomer.

I don't put much stock in liking the hollywood pics. The odds are pretty slim that I will.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,569,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Wentworth Miller, never hear of him, but he looks like the type that I'd like only with very short hair (like shaved or buzz cut).
His biggest role was on the tv show "Prison Break." His hair is usually pretty short. It's funny because I actually don't like shaved heads and buzz cuts but I'll make an exception for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships