Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Any moderately attractive female profile on any dating site gets 500 messages within an hour - Sounds a lot like "have a man at their beck and call instantly"

Men have no value at all in the dating world anymore. Let's be realistic here
Are you kidding me?? 500 messages in an hour? This has never happened to me and I'm not ugly. There's a pic in my profile, so you tell me. You do realize it takes a woman AND a man to be in a relationship, right? I'm not sure what you are talking about that men have no value. What do you even mean by that? So, you want to date someone, but you don't seem to have a very high opinion of women. Maybe that's your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I think this is the discrepancy.

SEX is much easier for women.

RELATIONSHIPS are equally hard for women and men. Finding the right person is equally hard.

So the OP is half right and half wrong.
I would agree with this overall. Relationships are hard for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Any moderately attractive female profile on any dating site gets 500 messages within an hour - Sounds a lot like "have a man at their beck and call instantly"

If you're trying to destroy your dating life, you couldn't be doing a better job.

You're doing everything wrong and then not taking solid advice. Yes, women have a numbers advantage online and in bars, but they struggle with dating as well. You've seen evidence of female posters to these threads say so much. In addition, I don't think the women are too impressed with the guys flooding their online dating inboxes and approaching them at bars. It's probably not that hard for them to get a date, but finding someone they're happy with is difficult.

You cannot just give women all the power or you're going to continue to get poor results. If you're not good enough IN YOUR OWN MIND, then you're not going to be good enough in someone else's mind either.

I think you'll become more comfortable with rejection the more it happens in person. Just talk to girls when you're out (not about dating or going out right away) and go from there. You should be able to tell which girls you have a better chance with and which you don't. Please stop hitting on bartenders or employees of places where you're a customer.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Most women get nothing out of having some guy shove themselves inside of them, do a quick grunt, and walk away.
Yikes...What type of sex are you having?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Are you kidding me?? 500 messages in an hour? This has never happened to me and I'm not ugly. There's a pic in my profile, so you tell me. You do realize it takes a woman AND a man to be in a relationship, right? I'm not sure what you are talking about that men have no value. What do you even mean by that? So, you want to date someone, but you don't seem to have a very high opinion of women. Maybe that's your problem.

Why do I not have a high value of women?

I don't ever complain about women, I complain about the system that's setup to where men are expected to do everything and are basically disposable cogs in the dating "machine". That's something created by our society. I don't hate the player, I hate the game

Also, you're very cute so the fact that you have dating problems probably indicates that you have the most outrageous list of standards any human being has ever seen. That's okay though, I don't blame you for that. You should hold out for that Prince Charming who is utterly perfect in every way because you have the right to do that

Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
You're doing everything wrong and then not taking solid advice. Yes, women have a numbers advantage online and in bars, but they struggle with dating as well. You've seen evidence of female posters to these threads say so much. In addition, I don't think the women are too impressed with the guys flooding their online dating inboxes and approaching them at bars. It's probably not that hard for them to get a date, but finding someone they're happy with is difficult.
Alright, we're starting to get somewhere

I'll translate the above paragraph into english - "Women have an ungodly amount of options. If they're single, it's because they're holding out for somebody who is utterly perfect"

Quote:
I think you'll become more comfortable with rejection the more it happens in person. Just talk to girls when you're out (not about dating or going out right away) and go from there. You should be able to tell which girls you have a better chance with and which you don't. Please stop hitting on bartenders or employees of places where you're a customer.

I don't approach employees unless they look bored/are not busy/etc... I don't see anything wrong with that. They're just people. Why would it be any more difficult to hit on a woman working at a gym vs one working out there?

Yea they get approached a ton but every woman gets approached a ton. It's the same ballgame/same challenge

Also I enjoy talking to the employees because they're not surrounded by 500 of her friends cockblocking and stopping you from getting to know her

Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM

264 posts, read 309,028 times
Living with your parents is stunting your growth.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Why do I not have a high value of women?

I don't ever complain about women, I complain about the system that's setup to where men are expected to do everything and are basically disposable cogs in the dating "machine". That's something created by our society. I don't hate the player, I hate the game

Also, you're very cute so the fact that you have dating problems probably indicates that you have the most outrageous list of standards any human being has ever seen. That's okay though, I don't blame you for that. You should hold out for that Prince Charming who is utterly perfect in every way because you have the right to do that
But that right there is complaining about women! Not all women expect the man to do everything. There are plenty of women who don't mind approaching guys, don't mind asking them out on dates, initiating conversations. Maybe you are going after the wrong women. I don't think men are disposable at all.

I don't have outrageous standards. Nor do I expect a perfect prince charming. But finding a good healthy relationship with someone who is compatible with me for the long haul is NOT easy to find. Getting dates is easy sure, getting sex is easy sure, but finding a LTR with a quality person is NOT easy and it doesn't have anything to do with looks or too high standards.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Getting dates is easy sure

Really? See this is why nobody takes single women on this site seriously

There are lots and lots and lots of guys here who haven't had a date in years and years and years and years. Your idea of a dating struggle: I can't find somebody who is just perfect for me. Male idea of a dating struggle: I would love to meet somebody who is perfect for me, but I can't meet anybody at all

LOL just LOL. This whole conversation is like a rich man with a Porsche trying to explain how tough it is being rich to homeless people in Africa

Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:

Some get 40 messages a day, some get 5 a day.
And honestly, some have NO success/messages on dating websites. But the ones that get no messages, are few and far between. And there is probably good reason for this.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Alright, we're starting to get somewhere

I'll translate the above paragraph into english - "Women have an ungodly amount of options. If they're single, it's because they're holding out for somebody who is utterly perfect"

I don't approach employees unless they look bored/are not busy/etc... I don't see anything wrong with that. They're just people. Why would it be any more difficult to hit on a woman working at a gym vs one working out there?

Yea they get approached a ton but every woman gets approached a ton. It's the same ballgame/same challenge

Also I enjoy talking to the employees because they're not surrounded by 500 of her friends cockblocking and stopping you from getting to know her
You can talk to employees/bartenders, etc. but do not hit on them. If you become friendly and they don't see you as a threat, they can help you meet girls who patronize the same establishment(s) on a regular basis. But that comes with time

Your claims that women hold all the power are false and you know they're false b/c you see (so-called) ordinary guys with girls (many of whom have a lot to offer) on a daily basis.

You need to get rid of the attitude that women hold all the power and you serve at their beck and call. Besides it being false, it is making it much harder for you.

Maybe you can buy the Eminem song Superman on iTunes and listen to it multiple times a day; do what you need to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships