Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well I will start working on my dramatic excuse for tomorrow to get out of the date. How does these sound

I got attacked and robbed by teenage gang
My mom's house was ribbed
My Aunt had to be rushed to the ER
My leg fell off for no reason and I had to go to the ER

LOL
And you want to accuse her of playing games?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 07:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Because I mentioned last night that we would be meeting saturday evening. So why didn't the Comcast thing come up last night?
Maybe the problem occurred today. Are you serious? TVaSG, you really just don't want to go on dates. Period. You always find these wacky reasons not to go and insist the other person is playing games. Why don't you just admit it to yourself? You don't want a partner. It's not a crime. Just go with it.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Okay, let me see if I have this straight:

You talked to her for two hours last night and set a date for tomorrow (Saturday) at 7:00. And then you texted her this morning to confirm and she asked to push it back?

Possible scenarios: you got off the phone, she decided to watch TV or get online, and it wasn't working so she called them first thing this morning and you texted her before she could text you to reschedule.

Or, she didn't have a chance to call Comcast yesterday because she got home and discovered whatever wasn't working and then spent two hours on the phone with you, after which time they were closed and didn't mention it because it wasn't scheduled, called them first thing this morning and was told "Lady, we can come out Saturday or we can come out a week from next Thursday" and she took tomorrow's slot and you texted her before she had a chance to text you to reschedule.

Since you've already made up your mind there is no plausible explanation other than she's playing games, you should just do her a favor and break the date.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:20 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Whoa tvguy hold up. You say the date originally was scheduled tomorrow at 7? You know the SEC championship game might not even be over by then? Bro come on.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Scheduling dates at the end of the SEC championship game? No sports fan does that!

Who do I need to talk to, to have your name changed to TVandTooMuchInternetTimeGuy?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Okay, let me see if I have this straight:

You talked to her for two hours last night and set a date for tomorrow (Saturday) at 7:00. And then you texted her this morning to confirm and she asked to push it back?

Possible scenarios: you got off the phone, she decided to watch TV or get online, and it wasn't working so she called them first thing this morning and you texted her before she could text you to reschedule.

Or, she didn't have a chance to call Comcast yesterday because she got home and discovered whatever wasn't working and then spent two hours on the phone with you, after which time they were closed and didn't mention it because it wasn't scheduled, called them first thing this morning and was told "Lady, we can come out Saturday or we can come out a week from next Thursday" and she took tomorrow's slot and you texted her before she had a chance to text you to reschedule.

Since you've already made up your mind there is no plausible explanation other than she's playing games, you should just do her a favor and break the date.

I was basically asking did anyone see her text as a possible reschedule for tomorrow. But like I said I will just wait to see what happens tomorrow

Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM

75 posts, read 149,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Oh believe me if I could message her and say "get out now" I would absolutely do so.

My guess is he's the kind of guy who will go through her cellphone to see if she's messaging other guys too.
Yup, exactly. Then he will break up with her via a 20 paragraph email full of suspicious allegations.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
OMFG...How are you even getting dates????

Old 11-30-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
OMFG...How are you even getting dates????
Probably from all that creepy advertising that free android apps do. There are 21 women in my area that want to sleep with me. I guess they learned about me from Sims online or the guitar tabs app. Stupid free crap.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,251 times
Quote:
I sent a text to this girl I;m supposed to meet tomorrow around 7pm and the location and she sends a text back saying

"Can it be 7:30pm? Comcast is supposed to be coming to my house between 5pm and 7pm"

This is my first time hearing of Comcast in the past week and now I'm feeling like it's some kind of game going on. I do know if that time changes again I;m cancelling the date.
Oh for crying out loud. This poor girl is living without cable and you want it all to be about you. Don't be a jerk and stamp your feet because she's trying to be polite. She's at the mercy of Comcast and doesn't know when they'll be there. By telling you 7:30 she's HOPING that they won't show at 7 and take an hour to do what they need to do. She sounds like a very considerate woman. Don't blow it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships