Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
yeah, I'm pretty sure the me being too nice thing is a large part of the problem.
So stop being so nice until they deserve the better treatment. Remember, men need the chase in order to cherish the woman. And this guy probably misses the other girl more because she moved and he didn't catch her. Play hard to get, even slightly bitchy and with this guy, along with the attitude change, change something about your appearance and be little more girly in appearance.

Just a thought. I've been a lifelong tomboy myself and with mostly guys for friends. If you're too nice and comfortable to be with, be prepared to be treated like a sister or be offered a FWB relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
I don't think you should be friends with this guy any more if he can't even give you a clear answer on whether he likes you as more than a friend or not.
You don't deserve that kind of treatment. Sounds like he is just stringing you along for as long as he can. A real guy would answer you on whether he likes you as more than a friend or not. If I were you I would move on, so you can stop getting hurt.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
I've decided to just ignore my phone for a couple weeks, since he likes to call me so often.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,763 times
Punch him in the jaw and then just say you had too much beer.....
Just kidding - but can you imagine the reaction??

Old 10-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Punch him in the jaw and then just say you had too much beer.....
Just kidding - but can you imagine the reaction??

haha. that would be incredible, actually.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
If he made out with you and says he doesn't remember it... how many other girls could he make out with if you and him WERE together, and just "not remember it" later?

Whether the other girl he has feelings for or not ever turns into a relationship or not.. do you really want to be second skimmings? I think you're better than that.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:23 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
You are not really friends.

You have feelings for him, so he is not just your friend.

He knows you have feelings for him and totally uses you, so you are not his friend.

I've been there, girlfriend. Don't take his calls. If he has some miraculous cinematic realization that you are the one for him, he'll find a way to get in touch with you. If not, you can gain the time and distance that is the only way to heal. And hopefully meet a better guy.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM

see, the thing is, I've been through this before, incidentally with the good guy friend that confronted this guy. I never stopped talking to my friend, I just eventually got past it, and everything's been fine since then. So i've never been the one to just completely stop talking to someone. Usually it gets done to me.

I'm not trying to be defensive; everything you all are saying makes perfect sense.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
It's your heart. If you can get over your romantic feelings for him quickly, then fine be his friend. However, the concern here is that you still like him romantically, and I am not at all happy with the drunken kiss that he won't take responsibility for. Also, I don't want him taking advantage of your feelings for him by him trying to turn your current status into a some FWB thing.

So cut him off for a while, then renew the friendship when your heart has recovered. Plus, you aren't going to find a new guy to date as long as you are being seen hanging around him so much. Other guys will think that you aren't available, and you don't want that happening, do you?

Old 10-27-2007, 02:08 PM

16 posts, read 57,710 times
I got trapped into this nonsense before, but then a friend gave me a wonderful book called "Why Men Love B----s" by Sherry Argov. It's not about being a mean and nasty person, just about holding back on the people-pleasing behavior until it's earned and giving a man a chance to woo you! I was taking the late-night phone calls and dropping plans to see him but I realized that he would never have done the same for me. There was no reason for him to change and have a real relationship with me because he was getting all the benefits of one already with an easy out! Put that phone down, girlfriend, and let him come to miss you and more importantly VALUE you! It may not ever turn into a relationship but at least you won't be in this emotional limbo. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships