Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times

Advertisements

Bro, I'm good looking. It doesn't matter. If I don't put in the work. ALL of the guys u see with girls put in work to get them, I don't get them. I promise. Looks MIGHT get your foot in the door and they might make a small difference, but personality matters a million times more.

The thing is that good looking guys tend to be more confident. Confidence gets girls. Good looking guys also tend to be narcissistic. They brag about their successes and oftentimes don't even see their failures. THAT'S why they get girls, not directly because of their looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
The irony is that you are asking about "other people" as being shallow, while being extremely shallow yourself. That is called projection.
How do you figure I'm extremely shallow?

Because I call others shallow? It might make me judgmental, but that is not the same as shallow.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I was just surfing news stories today and I came across this disturbing story...

Two Teens Killed During Burglary By Armed Homeowner In Minnesota | Bossip

Anyway, I noticed while reading that the guy was a good looking kid (the girl was real cute too). And I just started thinking, you know...

If I looked like him, every woman that has rejected me would have gone out with me. I'm not talking about the ones who didn't know me, at bars or whatever. The ones who knew my personality over some amount of time and got to like me.

I'm thinking of like 10 women spread over 15 years who rejected me after they got to know me (and they ALL liked me as a person, you could ask them today) and I think if I looked like that kid (appropriately aged over the course of my life of course), they'd all have gone out with me, if even for a short time.

I mean, it sounds pretty accurate. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. A news report of 2 people getting killed and you post this in relationship to the story???

You are hurting, man.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You may be right. I've always been of the opinion that EVERYBODY has demented thoughts in the back if their mind.

It's more than better luck though. I feel that if I looked like that kid, I could have gotten EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Then 10 btw is just a random sampling of women who actually got to know me. The real number of course is a lot higher.

Anyway, it appears people are taking this topic a bit more seriously than I intended.
Anybody that will argue with you about the fact that everyone has demented thoughts would be in complete delusion. Show me a person without a demented thought and I'll show you a dead person.

However, don't kid yourself about that kid, even his looks would get rejected.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Every single one? No one gets every single one. I just posted this yesterday: no one bats 100, or even 50. Most people don't even bat 25. Why would you tell yourself that you're a failure for not getting every single girl? That's irrational. It's a recipe for depression and low self-esteem.

Taking it too seriously? You post an OP about two kids being murdered, and how your life is a failure because you don't look like the kid in the article, and you're surprised we take it seriously? Is this another one of your joke OP's? You really need to flag those, if you don't want us to take it seriously. on C-D, you can't assume it's obvious.
If it's a joke, its a pretty bad joke at a bad time.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
The irony is that you are asking about "other people" as being shallow, while being extremely shallow yourself. That is called projection.
One of the rare times that I agree with you.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
The thing is that good looking guys tend to be more confident. Confidence gets girls. Good looking guys also tend to be narcissistic. They brag about their successes and oftentimes don't even see their failures. THAT'S why they get girls, not directly because of their looks.
That's what makes good-looking guys repulsive. Except for the few shy ones. This is why many women go for more average-looking guys with great personalities. This is why you see attractive women with fat guys, short guys, dorky guys.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yes, you are wrong. A news report of 2 people getting killed and you post this in relationship to the story???

You are hurting, man.
I know.

I'm f@cking a miserable person. I'm 36 years old, and I have no idea how I got this way. Was it all the rejection or was I just born to be this way?

I try to stay upbeat and positive, but my thoughts always come back to all of the rejection. I always regress to thinking the same thing, EVERY DAY. I mean I could not post it here... but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking it. Maybe it was because I was a shy kid that was picked on. Maybe it's because I'm short.

Who the h@ll knows. I mean I don't let it interfere with the regular 9-5 dealings of my life which is going decent right now, but like I said, I'm still thinking it. Just being honest. I'm not sure what else to say...

Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,224 times
Quote:
I know.

I'm f@cking a miserable person. I'm 36 years old, and I have no idea how I got this way. Was it all the rejection or was I just born to be this way?

I try to stay upbeat and positive, but my thoughts always come back to all of the rejection. I always regress to thinking the same thing, EVERY DAY. I mean I could not post it here... but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking it. Maybe it was because I was a shy kid that was picked on. Maybe it's because I'm short.

Who the h@ll knows. I mean I don't let it interfere with the regular 9-5 dealings of my life which is going decent right now, but like I said, I'm still thinking it. Just being honest. I'm not sure what else to say...
Counseling. If the thoughts are recurrent and you're consciously battling to prevent them from interrupting your daily activities, then you need help. Plain and simple.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's what makes good-looking guys repulsive. Except for the few shy ones. This is why many women go for more average-looking guys with great personalities. This is why you see attractive women with fat guys, short guys, dorky guys.
Good looking guys are repulsive... really?

I totally forgot.. personality is dictated by looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships