Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM

245 posts, read 385,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I generally gravitated towards those in law enforcement or the military and found myself turned off by those in "creative" fields, such as writing, music, etc..

me too, ironically I am in a creative field, although it's more design, than art and requires a higher skill level than most professions. I have a fantasy of dating a type A executive type personality who will put up with my antics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePew View Post
me too, ironically I am in a creative field, although it's more design, than art and requires a higher skill level than most professions. I have a fantasy of dating a type A executive type personality who will put up with my antics.
They are out there!

I swear my husband needs a medal some days. He is so type A and I am so ..well, not. It's easier for me to adjust to him than him to me.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
No preference. Anything related to pastoral position is a big no-no. I'll rather be single.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
I don't care as long has she works & we're able to put money back. If she is happy & loves her job then thats what matters.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,444,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post

I went out on a date with a nurse/musician last night. I think it was a weird combo lol.
Weird, that's me!

(Not on the date)

Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
I don't think I'd want to date a politician, even if I would vote for him.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:32 AM

376 posts, read 652,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePew View Post
Males or Females here, do you have any preferred occupations for your SOs? Or any that turn you off? If so, what are they?
I wouldn't want to date a woman in a masculine type job....like construction worker, soldier, police. Because I prefer intellgent women, I tend to date those that are more educated such as attorneys, teachers, engineers, fianace or accounting, secretaries, and I've dated a few artists that I liked.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I generally find sales guys to have a high incidence of built-in smarminess and lack of sincerity that is overarching, steer clear of active duty military due to knowing it's not a lifestyle I want, and have a few other professions where I have a probably knee-jerk reaction, due to particular experiences with individuals who have worked in those fields, but I'll basically not rule somebody OUT based on profession alone. Far more important to me is that they not be disrespectful of MY position. It's been surprising and alarming to me the guys who have been condescending and disrespectful about my line of work, about which I am personally very proud. That'd be a dealbreaker.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I generally find sales guys to have a high incidence of built-in smarminess and lack of sincerity that is overarching, steer clear of active duty military due to knowing it's not a lifestyle I want, and have a few other professions where I have a probably knee-jerk reaction, due to particular experiences with individuals who have worked in those fields, but I'll basically not rule somebody OUT based on profession alone. Far more important to me is that they not be disrespectful of MY position. It's been surprising and alarming to me the guys who have been condescending and disrespectful about my line of work, about which I am personally very proud. That'd be a dealbreaker.
Agree about the military too, for the lifestyle. It's just not something I'd willingly sign up for.

What do you do for a living?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I respect the work military personnel do, but it is in no way the lifestyle for me. I could never be that spouse.

I teach disabled teenagers with emotional and behavioral problems. I have had men condescend to me/be rude to me for being "an intelligent person" who willingly chooses a poorly paying field. I've been called a "professional do-gooder" in a way that was intended as condescending, not complimentary, and it's been implicated (and outright stated, in the case of at least two exes) that I'm stupid for doing a job that pays crap, and the fact that I am personally dedicated to the work is immaterial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships