Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:10 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times

Advertisements

if she's "panicking" because youve been the only one it sounds like all of a sudden she's become very superficial overnight, has been influenced by peers (ie date others play the field, etc). id' be perturbed but again that's just me were all different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM

37 posts, read 66,790 times
I know I am aggravated by it too. but basically that I have been the only guy she's been with and she wants to make sure she's happy? The day before she did it she kissed me and told me she loved me and was perfectly fine. I have a ton of friends which is great, but she is definitely not going to last long without talking to me. I am hoping that I start to move on, and then if she comes back, it'll be on MY terms just like you said capitol. And we can kinda fall in love over again maybe? But I really do hope to be over it soon, I dont need to be happy I just want to be okay, and right now im kinda a lug haha.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 PM

.. and she made a comment how girls are gonna be really excited now that im single, but she will be jealous. So is that her making sure that she doesn't feel guilty while she goes out and does her own thing?.. I will say I have flirted already the nights that I've gone out. And I got about 16 likes on my new facebook picture all by girls.. Sorry I am broken down and just looking for some self esteem boosters and damn that felt good.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times
IMO dgmiller, it sounds like everything was cool, and then she just said goodbye after 6 years. I've got about 20 on yeah, and have been around a bit, so i will tell you what i think.
When a woman makes a decision like that, it usually involves another man. And the sending of notes in class is outta guilt, and the fact that she does still have feelings for you, but confused feelings for sure.
I would take other posters advice and do YOUR thing, whatever that is. If it's meant to be, you'll both find your back, but for now be your own man and let her be her own woman. And true love will decide the rest. Good luck to yeah kiddo.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM

She met a new group of girls this year that I don't know well so I'm sure they had something to do with it (outside influence).. Also, there is a guy at our school that has always texted her and he's basically a huge loser.. Such a goon, gets blackout at parties and just tries to hook up with girls.. So if she's interested in that then good luck I'll do me. Good luck finding a guy that'll take you to Paris, Madrid, Disney, Hawaii, and two Taylor Swift concerts.. That's the way I look at it. She's my best friend too though so I don't want to let her go to some scum bags..Boy her dad must be in a frenzy he trusted me to sleep at their house and everything he would always say he can't imagine her with anyone else.. I am still in shock but slowly accepting it..

Old 12-01-2012, 04:32 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
from the way you sound you have a good head on your shoulders. if she comes back to you just make sure the ball is in your court. tho i don't agree with some of the alpha male thinking on this forum, i do believe in not always being such a nice guy and always making sure the ball is in your court. best of luck to you

Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmiller View Post
to make matters worse.. her family is so mad at her how she did it because she gave me absolutely no warning or decision.. and they keep contacting me of how sad they are and how it will work out.. and how they think im watching their dog next week when they go away? Things cant be normal..
And lo, we have a reason why she's feeling a bit trapped. When your family takes it upon themselves to message your boyfriend about how they feel about your breakup, well, there's a lot of pressure going on in that household.

Trust me, my family would NEVER have dreamed of getting involved in the workings of any of my relationships.

You guys are at a funny point in your lives. I remember being very very stressed about the next step at that age, as I headed towards the end of my college career. There is A LOT going on here. You seem like a great guy, but being as young as you are, it's only natural that she's feeling like a 6-year relationship isn't something she wants to continue. It's kind of like too much, too soon in the sense that you both missed out on a lot of normal growing-up stuff because you were in a relationship so young.

My cousin got together with her husband when she was 14. They broke up and got together many times before they got married about 7 years ago (when they were 28 and 29). They just needed to see what else was out there. I'm not an "if it's meant to be" type of person, and I'm not trying to give you false hope, but what I am saying is that her urge to break up right now is NORMAL and not necessarily a reflection on you or how you treated her or anything like that. And yeah, she may come around after she has some time to herself. The only thing I can advise is to roll with it and not hold this against her.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
from the way you sound you have a good head on your shoulders. if she comes back to you just make sure the ball is in your court. tho i don't agree with some of the alpha male thinking on this forum, i do believe in not always being such a nice guy and always making sure the ball is in your court. best of luck to you
agreed here and when she comes back you better tell her hell no.

Feeling in love after someone left you is weakness and dependency, don't fool yourself into thinking it's anything more. There are probably 500,000,000 other girls on this planet who can make you feel just as happy.. so why try to spend it with some dumb girl who wants to bang other guys?

Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times
I'm not trying to bring yeah down friend, i could be totally off base, but the facts are that she said goodbye, so something is going on whether is be another guy, peer pressure or who knows. I've been in your shoes, although it wasn't a 6 year relationship, but around your age. So i know the shock and ****ty feelings.
The worst thing to do is obsess over her, even though that's easier said than done. And you answered your most basic need and that's acceptance, acceptance is the key to many of life's problems.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:42 PM

Thank you guys, i appreciate it. It just sucks looking back feeling like it was all just thrown to crap, but im remembering the good times. Yes I will not just let her back in, dont worry. You gotta work for it. I know what I want, and I dont want her leaning on my shoulder to cry as a friend, there are so many other girls that I can go for. Just not ready right now. It hurts me to see on her twitter that she seems just fine, but I know its just her putting on the act that she's happy with the decision. Definitely deleted her off that haha..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships