Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,965 times

Advertisements

Fortunately for men, the current level of women being picky cannot sustain forever. When we live in a society where obese women reject a good-looking man for being too clingy, men are eventually going to disengage. Unfortunately, it's going to take a long time, and be more of a long-term thing. But men won't continue to take that ego-bruising and unfairness forever. Men will eventually move onto paying for sex, going after foreign women, going after Southern women in the US, getting a sex doll, etc... The current level of female picky-ness has reached a level so high it is just unsustainable in the long term. Men will eventually find other options. Women in the US, particularly those in the Northeast, the West Coast, and the other more liberal areas, are eventually going to have to lower their standards somewhat, otherwise all but the very hottest will end up alone. Southern women in the US might still fare alright.

These trends are going to take a long time to happen. This is a long-term thing. In the near-term, unfortunately we are stuck with women being extremely picky and things being very one-sided against men. But eventually, men will disengage from society. You are starting to see it a little bit with men shirking away from marriage and having longer bromances with their friends, playing video games, not working as hard, etc.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,847,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Many men will quickly reject a smart, warm, charming, witty, supportive, compassionate women just because she isn't beautiful. However, I am amazed at how many men will put up with a dumb, cold, crass, vapid, selfish, cruel woman just because she is beautiful.

Being drawn to beauty may be biological. But placing beauty above all other values in choosing a partner seems more a learned behavior. And maybe, a behavior we should try to unlearn.

What do think?
Hi RogersParkGuy--

I'll talk to almost any woman, but some women clearly wind up in the 'friend only' category from the second I meet them.

Not gonna lie, attractiveness is a big factor, especially in whether I'll show interest in 'that way.' And being completely unattractive is going to be a nonstarter.

If I get to know a woman better, initial attractiveness and its importance fades somewhat - but let's not lie here, I'd have a hard time loving someone I couldn't get it up for.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Why don't women owe me anything? Men owe women things all the time. For all the women complaining about men feeling entitled to sex, sympathy, or whatever else, there are plenty of women who feel entitled to money from men. Whether alimony payments or government programs that disproportionately benefit women, which men pay a disproportionate share of taxes of. The feminist movement seems to have no problem with financial entitlements that men pay to women, but if a man feels entitled to sex, he's seen as a pig. The government in this country these days is very pro-female and anti-male. Imagine if men no longer had to pay any money in entitlements to women. Doubtful the female population would continue to thrive and prosper as it does now. The one-sidedness and misandry in our government and legal system is appalling. What is even more appalling is that feminists are still unhappy and still want things to be even more one-sided.
Excuse me, but according to you, you don't earn much at all. How much are you paying in taxes to anyone? You think you are owed something based on the finances of other men? There are plenty of women who are high earners and young professional women are outpacing young professional men (those in your age bracket and just under). Really, the nerve you have is shocking.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Fortunately for men, the current level of women being picky cannot sustain forever. When we live in a society where obese women reject a good-looking man for being too clingy, men are eventually going to disengage. Unfortunately, it's going to take a long time, and be more of a long-term thing. But men won't continue to take that ego-bruising and unfairness forever. Men will eventually move onto paying for sex, going after foreign women, going after Southern women in the US, getting a sex doll, etc... The current level of female picky-ness has reached a level so high it is just unsustainable in the long term. Men will eventually find other options. Women in the US, particularly those in the Northeast, the West Coast, and the other more liberal areas, are eventually going to have to lower their standards somewhat, otherwise all but the very hottest will end up alone. Southern women in the US might still fare alright.

These trends are going to take a long time to happen. This is a long-term thing. In the near-term, unfortunately we are stuck with women being extremely picky and things being very one-sided against men. But eventually, men will disengage from society. You are starting to see it a little bit with men shirking away from marriage and having longer bromances with their friends, playing video games, not working as hard, etc.
Do you really think people care what you and yours end up doing in the way of sex and romance? It's so weird.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Excuse me, but according to you, you don't earn much at all. How much are you paying in taxes to anyone? You think you are owed something based on the finances of other men? There are plenty of women who are high earners and young professional women are outpacing young professional men (those in your age bracket and just under). Really, the nerve you have is shocking.
One thing is for sure, i pay plenty of taxes. Percentage-wise, i probably pay a higher share than a lot of rich people, as rich people tend to invest in more tax-shielded accounts and take advantage of loopholes. On an absolute basis, of course, rich people pay more than I do.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
One thing is for sure, i pay plenty of taxes. Percentage-wise, i probably pay a higher share than a lot of rich people, as rich people tend to invest in more tax-shielded accounts and take advantage of loopholes. On an absolute basis, of course, rich people pay more than I do.
A higher share? Based on my recall you are a very low earner. I would be surprised if you didn't get most of your fed income taxes back. Anyhow, many of us pay plenty of taxes, although I don't think men owe me something for my taxes spent. What you are suggesting is just crazy. How can you not see how out there you are being? Or maybe you do.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,214 times
Quote:
This is one of the few sensible things you've said thus far...you are of course correct. The top 1% of the country file most of their income as "capital" gains and since the tax on that is a measly 15%, they get away with murder, in a fashion. Buuutt...that's another forum.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
This thread has gone way off-topic. The OP isn't about women being picky, it's about whether men are too picky.

The OP is also not about tax policy.

Oh well. :-/

Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
This is one of the few sensible things you've said thus far...you are of course correct. The top 1% of the country file most of their income as "capital" gains and since the tax on that is a measly 15%, they get away with murder, in a fashion. Buuutt...that's another forum.
They get a way with murder when considering the middle class. Low earners aren't paying either. People in the low middle to the middle are getting hammered.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:

Seek out a better therapist. Quit thinking obese women owe you the time of day because you're "stooping" to date women that you clearly feel are inferior.

Perhaps your clingy behavior makes YOU a far less desirable catch than an obese person who isn't clingy and is otherwise mentally mature enough to handle a relationship.

The old adage holds true for ALL of us. If you've got repeated problems in relationships, the only constant is YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships