Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine a group of guy friends talking and this happens

"Hey mike what happened between you and Cindy?"

"Well man she was pretty, had a great personality, and we clicked but once I found out she only made 38,000 a year I had to end it. I mean I have a strict 100,000 Threshold"

I mean come on now lol. Guys will date girls with money but they don't look for them and it damn sure isnt a requirement. I dont care how much money the dude has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're trying to slam all women again. Maybe men should place more emphasis on women that can provide for themselves, rather just just the pretty ones who are nice company/arm candy. You're trying to fault women for having more standards, like it's a bad thing .
I was wondering when someone would notice this as it was very telling how he continuously cut off my post stating:
In my experience most guys talk of how much a gal make doesn't matter is bs as they certainly don't want to be sole the earner and support her. 'I don't care how much she makes' or 'it doesn't matter how much she earns' seems to tend to mean 'she better make enough to support herself and contribute financially'

Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM

181 posts, read 192,268 times
Yes, yes and yes. Although 99% of all posters on here think that all it takes for a woman to land a good man is her hot looks, they can't be more wrong. Things have changed quite a bit from the 50s. Men are nowadays attracted to woman's education and yes potential income. I am not saying she has to make millions, but she more or less has to be an equal and if she actually makes a bit more it is not a problem at all.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
"but have a woman who can stand on her feet, yes.” supports that guys are just as interested in a partner with money as they tend to want a gal who makes enough to support herself and contribute financially
It’s a bit different from women because men would still ask a woman out if she did considerably less than him, or nothing at all, women in the other hand would not in most cases as exceptions exist. Read my paragraph below as you probably missed it the first time I posted it or just can't reply to it.

Sure, women believe all men want is sex but he could be asking her out simply because he finds her attractive and nice to hang out with regardless of her not having a degree, a car, living with the parents, using coupons, etc. Have the nice waiter at Denny’s ask a woman who earns middle income or above, then have the cute waitress from Hooters show interest in the guy who earns middle income or above…who will go out on a date that weekend? No rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're trying to slam all women again.
Nope. Saying that men place more importance in appearance wouldn’t be slamming men either.

Quote:
Maybe men should place more emphasis on women that can provide for themselves, rather just just the pretty ones who are nice company/arm candy. You're trying to fault women for having more standards, like it's a bad thing
Everybody can have slow standards unfortunately. Guys who just want arm candy and looking like they have no standards as well as those arm candy who only bring sex to the table, lowering themselves like a hooker. In that scenario we have TWO people who have no standards. Who’s to blame?

Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Like attracts like and this is why most people marry others they have real life experience in common with. I used to work in radio and most of my coworker dated or married other radio people. Most of the people I knew in the military married military people as well. Many more examples but you get the idea.

I do think though that there are a percentage of men who want women who have no career aspirations but these tend to either be misogynist men who believe in gender roles (often using religion as an excuse)or high powered career men who don't want a wife who also has a high powered career. Interesting to note that most of my friends who did become housewives were women with high education and experienced careers and so were their husbands. Most of them went back to work once the kids were in school.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It’s a bit different from women because men would still ask a woman out if she did considerably less than him, or nothing at all, women in the other hand would not in most cases as exceptions exist. Read my paragraph below as you probably missed it the first time I posted it or just can't reply to it.

Sure, women believe all men want is sex but he could be asking her out simply because he finds her attractive and nice to hang out with regardless of her not having a degree, a car, living with the parents, using coupons, etc. Have the nice waiter at Denny’s ask a woman who earns middle income or above, then have the cute waitress from Hooters show interest in the guy who earns middle income or above…who will go out on a date that weekend? No rocket science.
Not in my opinion. Again I'm talking about partners as in long-term committed monogamous relationships not asking out in which case her making nothing at all is irrelevant since it won't be impacting him as he isn't supporting her. I highly doubt guys would still ask out a gal if she made nothing at all if he had to foot her bills and support her.

I've already read that paragraph and replied to it and her having an incomes shows that guys are still interested in a partner with money.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I highly doubt guys would still ask out a gal if she made nothing at all if he had to foot her bills and support her.
A man normally foots the majority of the bills anyways regardless of her having or not having a job and that seems to be what women prefer over and over as it is supposed to show interest in his part, show that he is serious, show that he is a real man, and all the other things women say about why men should be the ones that take initiative. So her economic status isn’t really that big of a deal as it is for women.

Quote:
I've already read that paragraph and replied to it and her having an incomes shows that guys are still interested in a partner with money.
Of course there will be guys who will be interested in a partner that at least has a job. Difference here is that guys would still date her if she made significantly less. A woman in the other hand won’t. Read that last paragraph I posted before. See the difference? Both men and women can place importance on it but men won’t put as much as women. Men place MORE importance on appearance while women place MORE importance on a man’s economic status. I am using the word “more” to imply that BOTH place importance on those things but men and women do more on one area or the other.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
A man normally foots the majority of the bills anyways regardless of her having or not having a job and that seems to be what women prefer over and over as it is supposed to show interest in his part, show that he is serious, show that he is a real man, and all the other things women say about why men should be the ones that take initiative. So her economic status isn’t really that big of a deal as it is for women.
He foots the bill of an activity he partakes in not her rent bill. Different experiences if you're trying to portray that most guys don't mind footing the rent, cellphone, car, and etc bill of random gals they ask on dates. I have no doubts her economic status isn't a big deal when he's just asking her out since it has no impact on his finances however I highly doubt it isn't a big deal when she's a partner as he'll be supporting her.

Quote:
Of course there will be guys who will be interested in a partner that at least has a job. Difference here is that guys would still date her if she made significantly less. A woman in the other hand won’t. Read that last paragraph I posted before. See the difference? Both men and women can place importance on it but men won’t put as much as women. Men place MORE importance on appearance while women place MORE importance on a man’s economic status. I am using the word “more” to imply that BOTH place importance on those things but men and women do more on one area or the other.
Again I've read that paragraph and replied to it the first time I saw it and the second time you posted it. Seems you're the one that needs to reread.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
He foots the bill of an activity he partakes in not her rent bill.
And if a man will foot the bill of activities (dinners, drinks, wine, entertainment, vacations, etc.) why would it matter if she makes a lot or not if her wallet won’t ever even peek outside her purse when she’s being taken out? That is why a woman’s economic status is not THAT important to men as it is the other way around. Paying for her personal bills might be a bit overboard but there are guys who would do that.

Quote:
Again I've read that paragraph and replied to it the first time I saw it and the second time you posted it. Seems you're the one that needs to reread.
Well, there is that big possibility that the man would be aiming for a date with that waitress from Hooters and the nice waiter at Denny’s would get a big NO from the middle income or above woman who he served at the restaurant. Can’t deny how it normally goes. Even you women say proudly how women have better standards and have to look at the whole picture before making a decision, that includes seeing what he does for a living. Look at online profiles and compare men’s and women’s. Almost every woman makes it clear they want a man with money using nice words of course “I want to enjoy the finer things in life…I want a stable man…I want a hard working man…I want a gentleman…I like to be spoiled…”

Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
And if a man will foot the bill of activities (dinners, drinks, wine, entertainment, vacations, etc.) why would it matter if she makes a lot or not if her wallet won’t ever even peek outside her purse when she’s being taken out? That is why a woman’s economic status is not THAT important to men as it is the other way around. Paying for her personal bills might be a bit overboard but there are guys who would do that.
It matters to many guys as there's there's quite a difference between paying for a dinner for a gal he may not see and supporting a gal via an array of bills indefinitely. Most likely it matters whether she makes a lot of if her wallet won't ever peek outside her pursues when it comes to a long-term committed relationship. Again: "I have no doubts her economic status isn't a big deal when he's just asking her out since it has no impact on his finances however I highly doubt it isn't a big deal when she's a partner as he'll be supporting her."

Quote:
Well, there is that big possibility that the man would be aiming for a date with that waitress from Hooters and the nice waiter at Denny’s would get a big NO from the middle income or above woman who he served at the restaurant. Can’t deny how it normally goes. Even you women say proudly how women have better standards and have to look at the whole picture before making a decision, that includes seeing what he does for a living. Look at online profiles and compare men’s and women’s. Almost every woman makes it clear they want a man with money using nice words of course “I want to enjoy the finer things in life…I want a stable man…I want a hard working man…I want a gentleman…I like to be spoiled…”
Either way guys are still interested in a partner with money as again I highly doubt they want to be the sole earner and guys make it clear they want a gal with money as well saying the want her to 'support herself', 'contribute financially', 'stand on her own two feet'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships