Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Some emo band should contact you for song ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Some emo band should contact you for song ideas.
Hahaha or they can just read through this forum as a whole.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Than having a girl/guy break up with you and finding out they had been seeing someone else and are shacking up with that person without having to feel guilty about it? Again, totally non-autobiographical (you'd need in a LTR with someone before presumably feeling this way).
As a guy, this is pretty much an assumed GIVEN. Women are much more emotionally dependent and typically more insecure than guys (not trying to start a sexist war, they're just programmed this way, guys have plenty of flaws too).

If a woman is breaking up with a guy she's been seriously dating or in a relationship, she will not do so until she has a legitimate fall back option. It takes two things in my opinion for a woman to break it off:

1. She will have another guy as an option, either a friend, or ex, or random guy that's pursuing her. I've never seen a case of a woman dumping a guy and having no one to date/spend time with/hook up with already in waiting. In the rare cases that they end a relationship or are dumped by their guy....that's when you have the best opportunity with what I call "rebound girl". Not for anything serious, but if you're a guy at a bar looking to score, your first prospect is to find a girl in a rebound situation.

2. She will wait until the point where she is so fed up and sick of you that there's nothing you can say or do to get her back. It's like Rabies: As soon as you see symptoms showing it's already too late and the relationship is surely over. If she's saying she needs space, or spending time with another "guy friend", or she's saying she's thinking of breaking up....IT IS ALREADY OVER. It took me a long time to realize this one, but I'm really glad I did for the sake of my last breakup. As hard as it was, at least I can to this day still say I held my dignity and didn't go begging for a second chance with a lost cause. As much as it hurt when she ended it, I knew it was over and no chance of getting back. This is almost 100% truth unless she's being "ultimatum girl" and wants to marry you and is getting extremely impacient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships