Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,082 times

Advertisements

I'd rather have her buy expensive jeans than purses, way sexier!

I'm a guy and I buy designer jeans but I find them cheaper on ebay or amazon. I think I've paid full price at a store for maybe 2 pairs but they were awesome pair and I wore them a TON! Still have a pair of Seven For All Mankind A pockets that fit me awesome and a pair of Rock and Republics that countless women have complimented me on. Style is important but fit is even more important, if you can pull it off women will notice and aren't afraid to admit it, that's for sure.

Last edited by cdubs3201; 12-07-2012 at 07:45 AM..

Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I mean, to each their own.. but if she's on the salary of a nurse it is flat out stupid. Everyone is entitled to their own happiness, but some people's road is a lot dumber than other people's road.
If she is not or won't in the future be a burden to society, who cares where she spends it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A lot of people are being judgmental based on their bias. There's nothing wrong with having nice things if you want them and can afford them.
Agreed. Sentiments expressed on this thread (common in the US) are that unholy mixture of bourgeois respectability, American WASP-inherited thrift, and scorn/denigration directed towards items nicer than what one can afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Just trying to understand your thought process. Let's say you had solid middle class income of $200,000. You wouldn't treat yourself on occasion? Maybe a nice steak or car? Maybe a nice coat? Saving money only goes so far...
That would only be "middle class" in the highest cost coastal metropolises. Otherwise, that income would put one in the 97% percentile of incomes earned in the US.

Edit: Being able to identify a bag design does not make someone gay, especially if you live in an affluent metro area where fashion options extend beyond the denim rack at Wal-Mart. Here on Long Island, it's hard to miss the obese suburbanite wandering to the ice cream freezer with a sizable bag emblazoned with massive LV monogramming. Likewise, it's damn near impossible to ignore Burberry's rather loud "nova check" pattern.

Last edited by Amelorn; 12-07-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
Honestly, I don't care what kind of bag she has, as long as it isn't Coach.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
If she is not or won't in the future be a burden to society, who cares where she spends it?

I don't care what she does, she's free to do whatever she wants.. I even said that.

It's pretty stupid, but that's her call. If she has as much as she says she does... she probably has 50,000 dollars worth of purses and shoes in her closet. I'd like a person making that kind of salary to try to explain to me how spending that kind of money on purses is more important than your investments.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't care what she does, she's free to do whatever she wants.. I even said that.

It's pretty stupid, but that's her call. If she has as much as she says she does... she probably has 50,000 dollars worth of purses and shoes in her closet. I'd like a person making that kind of salary to try to explain to me how spending that kind of money on purses is more important than your investments.
I take issue with the word "stupid." If it is *disposable* income, then it may be disposed of as desired.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,479 times
This thread just reminds me of this idiotic song (NSFW)

Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci - YouTube

I think guys just care if you look good and present yourself well. However they may worry if they will have to maintain your lifestyle should you end up losing your job or such.

I think the most expensive bag I ever bought was a D&B purse and it was one time and it ran me $300. It didn't last very long, either. The bag by itself was heavy even with nothing in it so the shoulder strap kept breaking. Despite their generous lifetime repair courtesy, no thanks. I've had much cheaper purses that last a lot longer.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Honestly, I don't care what kind of bag she has, as long as it isn't Coach.
Why jus that brand?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
I take issue with the word "stupid." If it is *disposable* income, then it may be disposed of as desired.
This..people's money is theirs to spend as they see fit. Unless they're spending it on home made bombs or biological weaponry I don't see the problem.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,574,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
This..people's money is theirs to spend as they see fit. Unless they're spending it on home made bombs or biological weaponry I don't see the problem.
Its a problem if you are trying to date that person. That's a sign of impulsiveness and lack of discipline which are not good traits in a mate.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:05 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Why jus that brand?
I say this at the risk of offending some people here, but I guess I've always associated Coach with Middle American women trying to look like they have money. The types who think it's a high end brand when it's actually pretty mid-scale.

I really don't care if a woman's bag is from Hermes or Walmart, but Coach...

If she buys the bag because she genuinely likes it, then that's one thing, but that's likely not the case if she has the one with "C"s all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.