Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM

290 posts, read 567,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Then go for it. Seems like you are looking for approval here, don't know why? Your money, your time - use it how you wish.
I'm not asking for approval. I'm just curious about what are the guys opinion on girls who are into expensive stuff. I'm definitely not a gold digger. I pay for all my stuff and I don't want guys to think that I am one just because I own expensive items.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Dooneys are my only vice. And shoes, I guess.

If a man judged me on my purse, oh well.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Dooneys are my only vice. And shoes, I guess.

If a man judged me on my purse, oh well.
SeRiOuSLy GuRl iF You AiNt HoLdInG a Louis Vitton I Am NoT DaTinG YoU

Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
My sister and I talked about a similar subject before. I asked her (and her husband was there) if guys cared if a girl was fashionable or not. She replied with an answer that I never thought of before. She said she mostly dresses to impress other women, not men. When I think about it, it is quite true. When I go to work with a cute outfit on, it's usually the other women that tell me that they like my outfit or that I looked good today. Men wouldn't say that and it would almost be wrong if they did that (if you're not close with your coworkers). It makes me feel good when others acknowledge the effort I put into my outfit or looks for that day. I feel great when I walk down the street and other women glance over at me and ask me where I got so and so.

However, I do think that men care how you look overall, but they do not care/notice for the details such as "Oooh, is that a Chanel?" I wore a wig once and even though most girls could tell it was a wig, none of the guys could, and they went gaga over my new look even though I knew it was fake. Most straight men just don't notice such things. And if they do, then I would be bothered that they did notice. I do not want to discuss name brands and fashion with my man.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
My girlfriend likes to go to designer second hand boutiques where they sell all the nice label stuff for a fraction of the cost in near new condition.

She picked up a $750 Louis Vitton or however its spelled blazer for $75.00... good deal. She got some purse there that was supposedly $500.00 new. She mixes those in with nice looking stuff from Target, Marshall's, TJ Max, etc and looks like a million bucks!

Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Ya I guess I'm spending too much on items I don't really need. I have about 50 pairs of branded jeans like seven, citizens, rock and republic, true religion etc. Theyre like $200 a pair. I like designer items. I can't see myself buying other brands. I feel like I'm wasting money if I buy something thats not really my taste.

Yes I have an investment account. I own multiple real estates which have increased in values. I have a vacation home which is paid. I have a life insurance. I know it might sound weird to some people but I'm also prepaying for my funeral.

I love fashion but that's just well....dumb.

***Flashback to someone in 1980 saying that they have like 50 pairs of Jordache, Sassoon and Gloria Vanderbilt jeans

Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
I wore a wig once and even though most girls could tell it was a wig, none of the guys could, and they went gaga over my new look even though I knew it was fake.
It's amazing what a difference "big hair" makes in how guys react to women. But that's a subject for another thread.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
THats actualy very true. I couldnt tell a chanel bag from a $10 kmart bag. Its not as if we actualy pay attention to these details, there are other points of focus that we tend to gravitate towards. My girl told me the other day "I think every girl should have a chanel bag at some point in their lives". Ugh....
"Ugh..." indeed. For some reason I just can't get into Chanel's bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I slightly disagree. Wear shoes that accentuate the look you want (comfort is your option). What we don't care about is the cost. I'd guess a $50-150 pair of shoes can do as good or better job than a $1,000+ pair.
Now that I've started wearing pricier shoes, there is absolutely no comparison. That's not to say there isn't a gigantic markup due to branding, but I keep ordering less expensive shoes and I'm always disappointed. And for what it's worth, my husband converted me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Have I got a special for you! Broadway special - fell right outta da truck. Too dawa! Too dawa!!

Ok, I should clarify...I can't tell a fake from the real deal when I'm not inspecting it or holding it. I don't really care what other folks are carrying unless it catches my attention, so I don't look at the details or touch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Unless that $2000 purse is made out of platinum and diamonds, the quality isnt really much different than that of a $20 purse. Its simply the brand that you are paying for. I wonder how much of it is about status for women, as some tend to be obsessed with it.
Yeah, and a Vacheron-Constantin is the same as a Casio.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If she's paying 500-2000 for a purse and not pulling in well over 175k on her own I'd consider her a flat out idiot.

People in America need to realize that Hollywood is not real, and no you are not a celebrity.

If she can afford it and it's easily within her budget, then best of luck to her. Doesn't bother me one bit, people are free to spend money on what they want to spend it on.
And further to that...don't they realize that celebrities DO NOT PAY for the designer bags and shoes that they carry and the are often loaned clothing for events or given items by designers.

Has anyone noticed how many celebrities are walking around with the Celine Boston bag....and why? And now EVERYBODY wants a Celine Boston bag (at $1200-1600 each)

Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
SeRiOuSLy GuRl iF You AiNt HoLdInG a Louis Vitton I Am NoT DaTinG YoU
U wannuh bye me 1?

I haven't paid for any of my own bags. They were all gifts for bday, xmas, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships