Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 05:24 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times

Advertisements

I am strange and weird in that some things in my life needs to be very specific to exactly what I need. Take relationships for example. I examined my past relationships and find that whether or not I was in love, I didn't seem to be happy. I would wake up feeling trapped and miserable. I almost went on anti-depressants because of a guy. And I couldn't do that whole FWB thing either. But on the other hand, I love men, I love flirting and I do get lonely. It's just that I have less days waking up feeling sad when I'm single (and it goes away faster) than when I'm in a relationship, but either way, I'm sure we all have those days. And one weird thing about me different from most girls is that, most girls when they have a new guy, they tend to spend all their time on the guy. When I have a new guy, I tend to ignore them and spend more time with my friends. I always put my friends first. And I always try to be friends with everyone. So I think that confuses guys and confuses me. Sometimes I don't get the whole relationship thing either. Especially when someone wouldn't go somewhere because their SO isn't going even though they really wanted to (no offense to anyone that's on here that's like that). I feel like I'm going to get a lot of negative remarks because I'm probably different than most people on this forum, but that is the way I am. I want to be happy too, but I can't seem to find a happy medium between being in a relationship and being single. Maybe an open relationship? (Not like with other people, but the kind where you don't need contact every day). I just don't like this whole dependency on another human being. But I also want someone around for me when I need them (kind of like a good friend, and don't get me wrong, I'm always there for friends when they need me). Gosh, please don't make fun of me. I'm just being honest and don't act like you don't have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,582 times
Sounds like no relationship is the best option for you right now.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Move to a deserted island. Make friends with the wildlife.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Hey, I'm just looking for sexual exclusivity with someone I like and respect who matches my insane sex drive. I don't need the whole love and living together thing. Basically, an exclusive FWB relationship, where the F and the B carry equal weight - if something more develops out of that, fine, but it's not a requirement or expectation. I'm having a hard time finding that, so I understand where you're coming from in a certain sense.

But your post confuses me. You seem to be looking for emotional support and unwilling to give the same in return. Why are you not getting the emotional support that you need if you have so many friends and whatnot? Why do you think you deserve emotional support from someone you are not willing to prioritize above your friends (who are not apparently meeting all of your emotional needs). You seem to be very emotionally dependent on other people, actually.

Look, the rule of relationships I've found is that on average, you are going to get out of it what you are willing to put in. And you don't really have a right to expect more than that. No guy is going to want to be your sex toy and your emotional support staff if you're going to prioritize your friends when it matters.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
How old are you? I was afraid to commit when I was younger. I often felt lonely and like I wanted someone, but when someone came along I would start to feel trapped and run away. I think you just have to find the person who wants what you want. Relationships are flexible and they vary a lot. There are plenty of guys out there who don't need contact everyday. Plenty of guys are fine with casual dating. You just have to find someone who is okay with what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships