Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Post pictures so when can vitrify the info.
Why don't you just google some?

Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
When I was single I did not date white women because I was not attracted to them.

To the statement that white man don`t date white women who dated a black man. I have never of that but I have heard of white men avoiding white women with bi-racial children.
Because that was undeniable proof of that the deed was done

Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
I've known a couple of guys to say that they don't believe that the races should mix and that white guys won't date white women who have dated black guys. IME the guys that tend to say things like this are loud-mouthed and low-class. I've told them that they should worry a little less about who other people date and a little more about not appearing like a bunch of obnoxious, ignorant trash.

As you can guess, that didn't go over very well.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 AM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Then there's also the genetic programming for a man to be attracted to the healthiest childbearer he can find and for a woman to be attracted to the strongest provider she can find. Which would point towards skin color mattering less than other physical characteristics.
^^^^ This....................... Is rubbish, and it's time social scientists put this garbage idea to rest.

Humans are intelligent animals who can use logic when making decisions. We are also capable of love, and our sexual urges and personal sexual desires/attraction are as individual as a set of fingerprints.

The "healthiest childbearer be can find" is subjective and up to each man. The "strongest provider" is subjective and it is up to the individual woman to come to the conclusion as to who "her" strongest provider would be.

The way people have believed this (the way you put it) for the last 140 years or so suggests that during caveman times, women battled it out for the tallest, strongest man, and all men went for the most attractive woman. NONSENSE

Skin color is a facet that hasn't been looked at yet because it's just now that we have "race mixing" en masse here in the U.S. (because of laws, society, etc). In places where people have intermingled, it has gone on for thousands of years already.

If an individual of a certain race finds women of another race attractive, then skin color will matter to HIM.

To say it's "less important" is garbage. Everyone has their own take on what they are sexually attracted to the most.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:17 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why don't you just google some?
Because yours might pop up.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Hmm, how do you know the race of the last person a lady dated? Is that part of how she introduces herself? "Hi, I'm Sharon. My ex boyfriend is black."

Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Hmm, how do you know the race of the last person a lady dated? Is that part of how she introduces herself? "Hi, I'm Sharon. My ex boyfriend is black."
I have had this happen. One of the weird fetish white guys for sure. He also told me about how important his job was. It was soooo impressive.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
No,not really it's called preference.Like it's my preference to not date a black man,that has dated only white women,or non-black women before me. I went out with a guy like that.And he kind of got on my nerves
With all do respect, I am often suspicious of the word "preference" when used in this context. I think the word "preference" often really means "prejudice." Back in the 1960s, many Southern white business owners said no, they were not racist. They just "preferred" not to serve black customers. I think this is pretty much the same thing.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:20 AM

499 posts, read 756,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
With all do respect, I am often suspicious of the word "preference" when used in this context. I think the word "preference" often really means "prejudice." Back in the 1960s, many Southern white business owners said no, they were not racist. They just "preferred" not to serve black customers. I think this is pretty much the same thing.
The context does not change in this case. You're talking about serving customers, we're talking about dating/relationships/sex. Humans have a fundamental right to share their bodies with whomever they wish and reject whoever they wish, so yes, you can prefer different skin colors or races, it's whatever turns us on.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Men don't know boob size. They know little, medium, big and holy shat.
Hon do y'all know thar is also sunny side up size?...It's all GOOD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships