Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
This thread is heading for lock down territory.
I sorry, I repent - help me!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,765,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'll be honest. Nothing about a black man makes me want to date them. Nothing!
That's fine... we all have our preference, ya know? I happen to find them very attractive (not all, obviously - just in general), and have always been naturally drawn to their looks. Never really thought about why, it just is what it is.

Disclaimer: Of course personality counts too, but we're talking attractions here.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
This thread is heading for lock down territory.
I know, right? Just like the last one! It really should be discussed on the Relationships forum anyway, but we can go with it for now.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
But what about their special endowment? And I am not taking about government assistance

Am I in trouble for saying that?
Not yet, but this is supposed to be a PG-13 site! Wish I could reply, too, but I of all people know what's not allowed here. LOL

Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,442,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, you're all wrong.

Women the world over tend to find men who have an appearance different from what they are accustomed to seeing to be attractive.

It's simple evolutionary survival strategy.

The less your children are genetically similar to the neighbor's kids, the less likely they are to catch a deadly disease from them.

Take a walk through an old cemetery and you'll find entire families wiped out by Small Pox in the early part of the last century.

Epidemics have wiped out entire families throughout our history and have only recently come under control.

The ancient female drive to diversify her genes competes with the more familiar female desire to hook up with a man who has wealth and status.

Sometimes she doesn't have to choose one or the other because the proverbial dark stranger has a Benz.
Yes I've heard about the genetic diversity thing also but I don't know that this goes so far as to cross racial lines.

You know there's also an inbuilt prejudice in all people. Maybe prejudice is too loaded a word to use, but an instinct to identify with ones own race. People naturally divide others into the "us" and "them" categories. It's called ingroup advantage.

Then there's also the genetic programming for a man to be attracted to the healthiest childbearer he can find and for a woman to be attracted to the strongest provider she can find. Which would point towards skin color mattering less than other physical characteristics.

I even heard one study that showed the position a man is in the first time a woman catches sight of him plays a part in whether a woman will be attracted to a man or not. If his body language does not project confidence, she will be less likely to ever be attracted to him regardless of what she later learns about him.

Who knows which of all these base level motivations are strongest. I'm just thankful that our brains are developed enough that we can rationally overcome any and all of them.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,456,966 times
Quote:
Hey, guess what...

Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,010,427 times
Quote:
Quote:
*backs away*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That's fine... we all have our preference, ya know? I happen to find them very attractive (not all, obviously - just in general), and have always been naturally drawn to their looks. Never really thought about why, it just is what it is.

Disclaimer: Of course personality counts too, but we're talking attractions here.
I'm a straight guy.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 AM

230 posts, read 524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I know, right? Just like the last one! It really should be discussed on the Relationships forum anyway, but we can go with it for now.
I would've put it there, but I did a search and most of the interracial dating threads were under the politics forum, so I thought this is where they went.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I'm a straight guy.
Hehe... my comments still stand, though.

So as a straight, white (or ??) man, do you care if a woman you're interested in has dated inter-racially?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,010,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Hey, guess what...
You're wrong. There was a branch 10 posts that resulted from my post. That's more than 25% of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships