Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then don't.
Is someone trying to force you to do so?
Are you so dense that you can't take a joke after it was already spelled out?

Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because they're ignorant morons. There is only one race---the Human Race. There are many shades of it, though.

you are correct, but I dont believe in the shades as everyone bleeds red.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:21 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I've heard that some white men won't date a white woman if they find out she dated a black man or a man of another race.

No loss for the woman.

Probably just white men with little dicks.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:29 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
I've heard that some white men won't date a white woman if they find out she dated a black man or a man of another race. Why is that? Why would the race of men she previously dated matter so much?
Racism, plus sexual insecurity.

White men who feel this way see black men as scum, and are disgusted by the thought "their woman" having been touched by one. Also, white men with this attitude often feel intimidated by black men, both physically and sexually. They fear a woman who has been with a black man will judge them sexually inadequate. They also fear that if their woman cheats with a black man, they will be unable to stand up to him physically.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That's not the truth. You can say that chielgirl doesn't care about race... and that can be the truth because you're applying the opinion to a person. But to generally say that race doesn't matter without context cannot be true because it is the application of an opinion. Apply context, then it can be true. For example: "Race doesn't matter to drive a car". That is the truth.

You have to remember that you can test the truth with boolean accuracy.
I disagree with you completely.
To me, and thanks to my parents, race doesn't matter.
It is about character.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Are you so dense that you can't take a joke after it was already spelled out?
Are you so dense that you can't see that posts go to the end of the thread before more posts are read?

Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes I've heard about the genetic diversity thing also but I don't know that this goes so far as to cross racial lines.

You know there's also an inbuilt prejudice in all people. Maybe prejudice is too loaded a word to use, but an instinct to identify with ones own race. People naturally divide others into the "us" and "them" categories. It's called ingroup advantage.

Then there's also the genetic programming for a man to be attracted to the healthiest childbearer he can find and for a woman to be attracted to the strongest provider she can find. Which would point towards skin color mattering less than other physical characteristics.

I even heard one study that showed the position a man is in the first time a woman catches sight of him plays a part in whether a woman will be attracted to a man or not. If his body language does not project confidence, she will be less likely to ever be attracted to him regardless of what she later learns about him.

Who knows which of all these base level motivations are strongest. I'm just thankful that our brains are developed enough that we can rationally overcome any and all of them.

Nothing rational about humans.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
If you listened strictly to what the movies show you would think this never happens

Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
I've heard that some white men won't date a white woman if they find out she dated a black man or a man of another race. Why is that? Why would the race of men she previously dated matter so much?
If a white woman has sex with a black man, it means she is dirty and trashy. Her purity is forever lost. According to those who think this way.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If a white woman has sex with a black man, it means she is dirty and trashy. Her purity is forever lost. According to those who think this way.
This sounds awful. It is awful. There is no discounting it though. I heard it all the time growing up. It is a racial stigma, and it is out there. I started dating in the late 80's, I guess, and that is what you heard.

I also did not come from a low class family or area. This is not something that was exclusive to parents, either. You heard this from friends, kids at school, etc. This was the thought process back then.

I have to say I have not really heard it said in the past 15 or more years. Back then, you just didn't do that, and if you did, it was on the way down low.

These days, if my daughter married a black man or any other man outside of our race it would be no big deal.

It was not just the individual that thought this way. I was around when this was going on, and believe you me, I heard it all the time. There was a cloud of it looming.

For those of you that think this is BS that is pulled out of your azz, it's just not the case. This is how it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships