Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,079 times

Advertisements

I had a great living situation until about 12 hours ago. I’m a 29 year old guy and was living with an old co-worker of mine, who is a 26 year old female.

So, last night, my roommate and I went out to a DJ show with a fellow friend. Drank way too much, headed back home, and ended up sleeping together 3 times over the course of the evening. This morning, things were super awkward. She called in sick and stayed in bed, and I left for work. We usually text or gchat during the work today, but I haven’t heard anything from her. I’m sure she’s super embarrassed.

What are the chances that we will ever be good again? Any ideas on how to make it less awkward at home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
I had a great living situation until about 12 hours ago. I’m a 29 year old guy and was living with an old co-worker of mine, who is a 26 year old female.

So, last night, my roommate and I went out to a DJ show with a fellow friend. Drank way too much, headed back home, and ended up sleeping together 3 times over the course of the evening. This morning, things were super awkward. She called in sick and stayed in bed, and I left for work. We usually text or gchat during the work today, but I haven’t heard anything from her. I’m sure she’s super embarrassed.

What are the chances that we will ever be good again? Any ideas on how to make it less awkward at home?

Text her like nothing happened, be completely normal.

Then go home and bang her again.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:

Yeah, move out.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,728 times
Quote:

If you're both single and can be cool about it: My initial thought is that this is AWESOME!

However, it seems like you are both regretting it. So I think the best way to handle it is to approach it head on and just discuss the big ole elephant in the room.

Sit her down, try to talk about it like something as kinda silly and say "Hey, I really want to talk about last night, it seems like we just got too drunk and made a mistake. <Insert your intentions moving forward>. Can we go back to things being cool/continue doing this? I really liked our living situation before this happened so I want to make sure we keep our original arrangement.

Try to be the one throwing it out there and try to lighten it up a little, maybe a little laugh about it and maybe apologize and say you're sorry for that (even though you shouldn't be sorry, just show some humility). It should make her feel better. Worst case scenario she's so weirded out by it she moves out and then you just need a new roommate.

Best of luck!

Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,597 times
As long as she keeps paying the rent what's the problem?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,801 times
I don't see why people have to make things awkward the next day. A guy friend of mine and I got wasted a month ago and hooked up. I messaged him some stupid comment I knew he'd laugh at the next day, just like I would have any other time. Probably shouldn't have done it but whatever. Just message her like normal.

I wouldn't take cdubs advice and "talk about last night" there's no need. You guys both know what happened. Either it'll happen again or it won't. Time will tell. Don't apologize. You both had fun, no big deal so don't (or let her) make it into one.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I don't see why people have to make things awkward the next day. A guy friend of mine and I got wasted a month ago and hooked up. I messaged him some stupid comment I knew he'd laugh at the next day, just like I would have any other time. Probably shouldn't have done it but whatever. Just message her like normal.

I wouldn't take cdubs advice and "talk about last night" there's no need. You guys both know what happened. Either it'll happen again or it won't. Time will tell. Don't apologize. You both had fun, no big deal so don't (or let her) make it into one.
Fantastic advice. It need not be a big deal, it will only likely be a problem if you start asking when you can do it again.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post

I don't see why it would take any more than this.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM

927 posts, read 2,466,079 times
Yeah, after I showered this morning, I went into her room to look for my cell phone and she said, "We are bad" and pulled the covers over her face. My reply was, "Oh, relax, it's not a big deal" and left. So, I think I'm being pretty cool about it.

Is it weird that I was really into it? I wouldn't mind if it happened again, but I don't want to screw up our living situation... we have another 9 months left on our lease.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 PM

61,653 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Yes, act normal like nothing happen and see how she reacts to that.

BTW: maybe she called in sick, because she wanted to spend the whole day in bed with you??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships