Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 06:07 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,804,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
It has been over 6 months since I cheated on her, but since she forgave me and we moved on I felt like everything really worked. The love felt real, things seemed to be going really well. I understand no one is perfect, I want to believe I can forgive her and move on, and maybe it will only be this once. Any hope for saying it was a bad judgment call, an act of the moment out of pure lust and that she really values her feelings for me now?

I have been faithful to her ever since my first act...maybe she could do the same and we could both evolve and move on?
I don't know. A momentary lusty bad judgement call happens once, not three times. She didn't feel bad after the first time?

You can feel real love and have it be for the wrong person. It happens. Its not just about the emotion, youve got to look at the context it's happening in. Does this feel like how healthy long term relationships happen? Or does this feel like how guest appearances on Maury eventually happen. You make the call. LOL

Everything you are feeling for her you can eventually feel for someone who won't sex your friends. I'm just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 06:23 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,963,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I agree, right now it's 1 to 1. OP why don't you go visit her or make arrangements for her to come visit you. Especially if she comes to visit you, give her another chance. Lose that so-called friend though, he didn't own up to it and lied about it...2 offenses.
We will be seeing each other again very soon here if the plans hold on. And yeah it is 1 to 1, even now. That's why I feel like I shouldn't leave her, since she kept me and I did it first.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I believe everyone gets a second chance. But only ONE second chance.
I will just feel like such a fool if something of this sort happens again, I'll never forgive myself or her, but at that point I won't think twice either, it will be done and sealed.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,195,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Deeply in love? She's not in love with you if she cheated on you, physically or emotionally.

Dump her ass and move on. She's not worth the effort.

He said he "cheated" on her as well so I think they are now even and both need to move on. Obviously there is NO relationship here.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
He said he "cheated" on her as well so I think they are now even and both need to move on. Obviously there is NO relationship here.
Yeah, I guess you're right.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,154,905 times
Quote:
We will be seeing each other again very soon here if the plans hold on. And yeah it is 1 to 1, even now. That's why I feel like I shouldn't leave her, since she kept me and I did it first.
No it is 3 to 1.....yours was random hers was with a close personal best friend.... Do you honestly think you could possibly trust her for the rest of your life? If she got away with it 3 times what makes you think she will not do it again when she gets bored or insecure in the future? Not to mention how do you feel about your friend having a nude picture of her. The odds are your friend shared.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,136,946 times
Quote:
Well there you have it, if that's what you feel , run with it. I was in a long distance myself 15 years ago and I found out my SO did physically go out on me. At or near the same time I moved in with an ex of mine for a few weeks (I did nothing with her though). I had to step back and view it from a practical standpoint. Any women that is attractive, fine....you can't expect them to be home knitting sweaters or daydreaming about you all day. You have to be proactive and go get what you want and there's usually going to be competition. BTW, the one I referred to earlier, I'm still with her 15 years later.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Well there you have it, if that's what you feel , run with it. I was in a long distance myself 15 years ago and I found out my SO did physically go out on me. At or near the same time I moved in with an ex of mine for a few weeks (I did nothing with her though). I had to step back and view it from a practical standpoint. Any women that is attractive, fine....you can't expect them to be home knitting sweaters or daydreaming about you all day. You have to be proactive and go get what you want and there's usually going to be competition. BTW, the one I referred to earlier, I'm still with her 15 years later.
That's a good and uplifting story, over 15 years together now.

Sure, I can't expect them to be home knitting sweaters or thinking of me all day, but if she doesn't have the nerve to come to me she is feeling insecure or inadequate...I just don't know. =/

Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Everything you are feeling for her you can eventually feel for someone who won't sex your friends. I'm just saying.
I like this. I agree with it.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,788 times
Only desperate people with no options stay with cheaters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships