Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
1. I don't have jealousy of any form. good for you
2. My wife's income makes our lives even more awesome hopefully she or you will not lose the job
3. We rarely argue; I argue more with my parents and brother than with my wife
4. Huh? That's like saying you can't have brain cancer if they take out your whole brain. very bad analogy
5. Freedom? What do you mean? I am still free the last time I checked. No shackles. Good for you
6. LOL Perhaps is time to see what is happening around you
7. Wtf? I would think someone NOT in a secure, loving, committed relationship would be suffering and full of doubt mediocre mentality
8. Again, I don't understand what you're talking about. there is no total independence in marriage. But if you are pleased good for you
9. See #8 in marriages most people fade away some of their friends because of time given to family. Again if this is ok for you great
10. How is this an 'advantage'?people who dont want to marry dont need to. Only weaklings that care too much about what others say do this and have very unhappy lives.
Points above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
1. Don't date a jealous person
2. Go on cheap dates extremely difficult
3. You'll still have arguments in all parts of your life, just because you're not in a relationship doesn't mean you'll be without them. it's not the same to argue with someone who is not close to you say a boss, a classmate, an external person than someone you supposedly love with all your heart especially if it turns frequent
4. Get to know the person before you marry them and don't let it go sour
5. You can be free in a relationship
6. Have protected sex. The United States is not in any risk of overpopulation either. but I care about the entire world not about the United States only
7. Be in a good relationship and there is not any suffering, don't be crazy and there's no doubts
8. Refer to #5
9. What do social boundaries have to do with relationships?
10. If you're purposfully doing something in your life, only to not be like that status quo, that makes you just as lame as the person doing whatever they can to fit in. no because If I was to marry I would do it because I want not because society tells me it is the normal natural thing to do.

At the end of the day, your points suck. Go be a lonely virgin, none of us care.. but don't act like you have any good reasoning.
Yours too. They are as based in your point of view as mine are on my point of view. And your point of view is not necessarily better or worse than mine. Same goes to your reasoning.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
1. No jealousy of any form
2. Economy
3. No arguments
4. Secure and safe way to avoid divorce (and all of its implications)
5. Freedom
6. Secure and safe way to not help increase overpopulation
7. No suffering, no doubts
8. Total independence (when having a job)
9. No social boundaries
10. Not necessarily staying with the status quo

Celibacy is truly a gift and those who mock/disrespect us are just envious.
When you are in a relationship with someone who is compatible with you the pros well and truely outweigh the cons. The challenging part can be finding and meeting that person.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 AM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
I don't mock celibacy. I quite admire people who for various reasons are able to handle that lifestyle.

What I do mock is those who are bitter, or unwilling to work at relationships, who use celibacy as a crutch to prop themselves up with or beat others, more fortunate than they, over the head with.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:53 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Disadvanges of not having a relationship and no sex:

A. No one to kiss
B. No one to hold hands with
C. No dance partner
D. No one to confide in
E. No one to ask about your day
F. No one to enjoy fun events with
G. No one to be your "guest" to a wedding
H. No one to help each other
I. No one to laugh with

And to buy over and over batteries.
These imply that you are utterly and completely alone without a relationship. I do all of these with my friends.

And it's not the first time I've seen/heard this implied. A friend and I went to the wedding of a woman we were friends with in college, and the priest who did her wedding went on and on about how "now she has someone to laugh and tell jokes with, and to talk to". My friend and I just looked at each other with "wtf?" expressions.

I don't need to be in a relationship in order to confide in, talk to, laugh with, or go out some place fun with someone. I have some very strong and solid friendships that I've had for years.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
These imply that you are utterly and completely alone without a relationship. I do all of these with my friends.

And it's not the first time I've seen/heard this implied. A friend and I went to the wedding of a woman we were friends with in college, and the priest who did her wedding went on and on about how "now she has someone to laugh and tell jokes with, and to talk to". My friend and I just looked at each other with "wtf?" expressions.

I don't need to be in a relationship in order to confide in, talk to, laugh with, or go out some place fun with someone. I have some very strong and solid friendships that I've had for years.
I don't know if you're a female or not,but damn... you're right up my alley.....

I actually hope you're not a dude... I don't wanna be praising some dude.......

Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know if you're a female or not,but damn... you're right up my alley
[...]

I actually hope you're not a dude... I don't wanna be praising some dude.......
Hahaha, no, I'm not a dude.

I often get mistaken for one on these forums, though...

Old 12-09-2012, 01:08 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Hahaha, no, I'm not a dude
You're like Mrs. Chow... good sense of humor and know how to post.... smart.............

Old 12-09-2012, 02:18 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Avoiding the worst case can end up avoiding the best case.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Disadvanges of not having a relationship and no sex:

A. No one to kiss
B. No one to hold hands with
C. No dance partner
D. No one to confide in
E. No one to ask about your day
F. No one to enjoy fun events with
G. No one to be your "guest" to a wedding
H. No one to help each other
I. No one to laugh with

And to buy over and over batteries.

To add/
no one to share a life with.
No kids to remember you when you're gone.
no one to care for you when you're older.
Once into older years the solitude would drive most people nuts with boredom..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships