Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The whole celibacy thing makes sense if you are asexual - it doesn't necessarily make sense if you are not. That's sort of like saying how much better you are as a person because you don't ever eat chocolate - well, that's really easy if you don't like chocolate. I, however, love chocolate. And sex!
MMMMMMmmmmmm chocolate........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
The whole celibacy thing makes sense if you are asexual - it doesn't necessarily make sense if you are not. That's sort of like saying how much better you are as a person because you don't ever eat chocolate - well, that's really easy if you don't like chocolate. I, however, love chocolate. And sex!
I like sex just as much as chocolate, celibacy doesn't mean abstaining from sex, just means abstaining from intercourse, usually with a human partner, so my battery operated friend doesn't count.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I like sex just as much as chocolate, celibacy doesn't mean abstaning from sex, just means abstaning from intercourse, usually with a human partner, so my battery operated friend doesn't count.

Yeah - but the OP is celibate because he's asexual and has no desire for sex - totally different ballgame. I mean, it's not like he's giving anything up because he never wanted it in the first place!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:14 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,284 times
While it is obvious that there are relationships that work and some people feel happy in them let us see the following

Divorce Rates Around the World

Something is SERIOUSLY WRONG with near half of most relationships in developed countries. If we count the broken relationships (those who do not marry) and those who stay married for the sake of children and not being treated as failures the % of unhappy people in relationships seriously outmatches those who are actually happy.

The fact is there.

Now try to explain to me why does this happen.

Responses such as

SUCH IS LIFE
HUMANS ARE THAT WAY
WE ARE NOT PERFECT
S**T HAPPENS

etc.

Are not valid.

You ought to give CLEAR explanations, theories, etc. to find a solution to the problem of most relationships today.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
While it is obvious that there are relationships that work and some people feel happy in them let us see the following

Divorce Rates Around the World

Something is SERIOUSLY WRONG with near half of most relationships in developed countries. If we count the broken relationships (those who do not marry) and those who stay married for the sake of children and not being treated as failures the % of unhappy people in relationships seriously outmatches those who are actually happy.

The fact is there.

Now try to explain to me why does this happen.

Responses such as

SUCH IS LIFE
HUMANS ARE THAT WAY
WE ARE NOT PERFECT
S**T HAPPENS

etc.

Are not valid.

You ought to give CLEAR explanations, theories, etc. to find a solution to the problem of most relationships today.

This again? Look - you are asexual. You don't desire sex. You don't desire a relationship. We've already gone through this with you. People are not liars or bad people because their relationships ended. Relationships are just something that you will never understand - and that's okay because you have no desire to be in one. Just leave the rest of us alone to do as we wish and we'll do the same with you. Problem solved!

I love my husband - my entire life is better because of him. This is something that you will never understand or experience - and you are fine with that. So what's the big deal?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Typically, those that are comfortable with their relationship status don't give a fudge what others think and don't post lists trying to convince others they are satisfied.

However, I'm glad you are happy with your life

I actually agree with this to some extent.

But I do feel like some people shove it in others' face how 'great' their relationship/love life is and a lot of them throw little digs that are unnecessary to those that are single. Nobody blinks an eye at a thread titled: 10 best things about being married....My point is, nobody cares either way about the 200 reasons your marriage is amazing or the 200 reasons your single life is amazing.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM

666 posts, read 1,291,284 times
Do you think that if I left out in my OP the "those who mock us are envious" some of you would have not mocked me at all? I doubt it. People argue here because they feel the need for it. They find entertainment mocking others' points of views, and when people do that is because of a reason.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:

It makes sense either way, if it's not what the person wants. Nobody is obligated to engage in sex, asexual or none.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
1. No jealousy of any form
2. Economy
3. No arguments
4. Secure and safe way to avoid divorce (and all of its implications)
5. Freedom
6. Secure and safe way to not help increase overpopulation
7. No suffering, no doubts
8. Total independence (when having a job)
9. No social boundaries
10. Not necessarily staying with the status quo

Celibacy is truly a gift and those who mock/disrespect us are just envious.
Actually, you can have all of those things WITH a relationship and sex if you know what you're doing and choose a partner well.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
Do you think that if I left out in my OP the "those who mock us are envious" some of you would have not mocked me at all? I doubt it. People argue here because they feel the need for it. They find entertainment mocking others' points of views, and when people do that is because of a reason.
Who mocked you? I see people refuting your OP but I don't see much mocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships