Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Why? Maybe because she is such a __________ she has to fall back on people she used to know to use them for whatever purpose. Business or otherwise.

You don't link in to quasi enemies...lol..

Bad terms ex is that to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM

143 posts, read 192,867 times
I have friended exes on Facebook when I was the one to have broken up with them. Even though you may end deciding that someone isn't a great partner for you, you still can like them as a person and friend. In my case, there were a few guys I didn't want to be tied down to, but I still enjoyed their company, liked them as people, and wanted to remain involved in their lives in some capacity.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I wouldn't accept the request. It sounds likely to have been an accident anyway.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Why? Maybe because she is such a __________ she has to fall back on people she used to know to use them for whatever purpose. Business or otherwise.

You don't link in to quasi enemies...lol..

Bad terms ex is that to me.
I have never been a fan of fri-enemies.
I don't partake in that kind of political stuff with people I know. If I think you are shady, you are not worth me keeping around in my life. There are enough day to day problems that pop up to add to the problems by keeping fri-enemies around.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
In the words of Trump: it is nothing personal, it is just business.

Linkedin allows her to have a social professional network through people she knows / once knew. Has nothing to do with you. Because of Linkedin, I have an interview coming up this week - I was able to mail a connection that my soon to be ex husband's cousin has for a job I was interested in. Has nothing to do with my ex or his cousin, just gives me another avenue to find jobs. We all know it is a small world, and you never know who knows who. You might be in completely different careers, but that doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.
Sal: Tom can you do anything for me?
Tom Hager: Sorry, Sal-ly, not this time.
Sal: Tell, Michael, it was just business.

The Godfather

OP - in your case, Sal-ly is your ex. IMO, hell no, would I even think of linking up - as I understand it, once you do so, she'll have access to your network of connections. - Sorry, no can do.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM

354 posts, read 517,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
In the past week, an Exgf (relationship was just about a year long) of mine sent me a request to connect through linkedin.
The relationship ended kind of badly, and I absolutely have no interest in ever dating her again.
By the end of the relationship, I could tell she wanted out SOOOO bad, as we were not a good fit for each other.

I just don't understand why someone would even bother reaching out to an ex considering things ended on a bad note, and there was definitely not a "would you like to be just friends" conversation/ option.
We broke up about 6 months ago. Also, we don't have similar careers, so there really is nothing to actually gain for us to be professionally linked.

Also, I am assuming she never texted or called me because she probably deleted my contact info, and I suppose contacting me on linkedin would get her my phone number again. But to be honest, I'm really surprised this particular exgf would look me up like this.
Anyone ever have this happen? What did you do? I pretty much doubt I will even entertain the idea to even accept the professional network connection. But I am curious to read thoughts from others on similar situations.
then don't add her. Jesus. and u created this 'drama' just coz of this 1 request? and for all I know it's just a spam request. I got a LOT of requests FB, linkedn from people i dont know and I dont even have a linkedn profile! LOL. maybe this spammers just got lucky requesting people who really knows each other..

Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Some females are also relentless gatherers of information, especially social information, and sometimes for no reason at all. That whole hunter/gatherer brain thing. Any one of a million things in her life or mind might have prompted her to think of you and wonder what you're up to in life these days, and she might have no motivation beyond a benign, vague sense of curiosity.

Of course in my experience I usually get curious years later. "Wonder what he's up to, whether he ever got married, whether he ended up in jail...?" etc. and usually about guys I knew/dated/slept with who are so far back in the past that they could be anywhere doing anything by now. And then there is self-image driven curiosity, the whole "I wonder if he still thinks of me?" or "I wonder how he remembers me?" thing.

But if it was as you say, a nasty split less than a year ago, chances are it was a mistake when trying to find contacts via email or something. *shrug*

Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
then don't add her. Jesus. and u created this 'drama' just coz of this 1 request? and for all I know it's just a spam request. I got a LOT of requests FB, linkedn from people i dont know and I dont even have a linkedn profile! LOL. maybe this spammers just got lucky requesting people who really knows each other..
I fail to understand how I created drama here. I am curious to hear an explanation on that.
And regarding your lots of requests on FB from people you don't know, and LinkedIn requests when you don't have an account...

Spam request? Between your FB add requests, your LinkedIn requests even though you don't have LinkedIn, we are definitely not on the same wavelength here.

Thanks for the input though

Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
My Facebook has two ex-boyfriends. One was a situation where we broke up mostly because of the distance (we lived 5 hours away)and we wanted to date people closer to where we both lived. However, since then he has been married three times with 4 kids and keeps wanting to date again after 20 years and I have to tell him this will never happen. The second ex was a situation where religion was a major obstacle and we both realized being friends was better. He is now married and I periodically chat with him and his wife and I am happy for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships