Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Nope. He's not just big - he's into the "severe obesity" range. I had quite a bit of empathy for him until he came out with "I don't like large women." Yeah, we all have our preferences, but when you have an undesirable quality that is largely within your control and cannot accept that quality in someone else, well, that just makes you a hypocrite and rather shallow.

I like athletic men. Not insanely athletic, but really in shape. However, I'm overweight. Another 25 pounds to lose at least. I've dated a few guys who would qualify as extremely athletic, but I don't target that group because it's not a standard of physical fitness I am able to maintain. A few guys like that find my body type pretty spectacular, but let's be honest - you basically get back what you bring to the table. I tend to focus on dating guys who have a BMI more similar to my own, but who are working on improving their lifestyle like I am. It's just realistic. And honestly, if I like someone, I'm not going to let the question of whether they have a flat belly or not stand in the way.

If you can't extend the same level of slack to your potential dates that you require from others, you better be prepared to be alone for a long time.
Another good rep for a post. You are 100% on the mark. I'm not overweight really, but need to lose a bit (or feel I do). I wouldn't seek out men who were extremely fit because more than likely they won't be interested. In fact last spring I met a guy from POF who was extremely fit (he said he worked out 3 hours each day)and I know part of the reason he didn't feel chemistry was because I was too large for him. I've since lost a bit of weight but still I know that extremely fit men have more choices than other guys so I tend to seek men who could lose 10-20 pounds but not really obese or overweight. The guy I like has a bit of a belly but he wouldn't be called fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Another good rep for a post. You are 100% on the mark. I'm not overweight really, but need to lose a bit (or feel I do). I wouldn't seek out men who were extremely fit because more than likely they won't be interested. In fact last spring I met a guy from POF who was extremely fit (he said he worked out 3 hours each day)and I know part of the reason he didn't feel chemistry was because I was too large for him. I've since lost a bit of weight but still I know that extremely fit men have more choices than other guys so I tend to seek men who could lose 10-20 pounds but not really obese or overweight. The guy I like has a bit of a belly but he wouldn't be called fat.

Basically a man whose belly doesn't poke out through the shirt like he is pregnant

Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Basically a man whose belly doesn't poke out through the shirt like he is pregnant
A man who has a belly that looks like he is 6 months pregnant is way overweight though may not be obese. An obese man would wobble when he walked.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Nobody wants a fat guy not even fat a woman wants a fat guy. You are more likely these days to see a 300 pound lady hold hands with a handsome guy who has a six pack.
Really? Where does this happen?

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

Come on, there is a website devoted to big woman called...."Big and Beautiful Dating service"

So knowing that it very likely.

There has never been a website geared toward fat men

Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM

198 posts, read 468,520 times
I honestly wouldn't be comfortable with someone way over 200 lbs. I've had problems with bigger guys who aren't mindful of their weight. If you've got 100 lbs. on me, you need to make sure it stays off of me, or I won't be able to breathe. That's not hot.

Last edited by BrnTmr4Brkfst; 12-10-2012 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnTmr4Brkfst View Post
I honestly wouldn't be comfortable with someone way over 200 lbs. I've had problems with bigger guys who aren't mindful of their weight. If you've got 100 lbs. on me, you need to make sure it stays off of me, or I won't be able to breath. That's not hot.

Usually big men allows a woman to bounce up and down on top of him during sex especially a thin women

Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM

198 posts, read 468,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Usually big men allows a woman to bounce up and down on top of him during sex especially a thin women
I think mixing up positions is important to keep sex from getting stale. I also really like "rolling around the sheets" during foreplay. Not really compatible with "me on top, always" fear of being smothered.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Come to NY you will see for yourself.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Carrying that much weight can't be too good for your health. My dad always used to tell me that if you can't look down and see your johnson, you have been eating too much, lol.....

At 6'1 you can carry that weight for now, but an injury could set you into the non-mobility mode where you would have a serious hole to dig out of.

You could find you a big girl on the dating sites...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships