Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Man, take a trip to Montreal or Toronto. Toronto has the most beautiful women in North America and may have the most diverse collection of beautiful women in the world. A lot of them are chill, too. Montreal ain bad, either. The prettiest woman I ever talked to was from Toronto. She was Lebanese, Tatyana. Can't beat that name.

After that you won't want to go back to the 'vanilla' here in the US. I know I haven't,
Word?

Toronto is going on my life plan for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Outside of work (where I am uptight and Type A as hell), I am very laid back, smile a lot, tell tons of stupid jokes, some smart jokes (dry wit), and love a good conversation.

Some of my type A comes out on this forum...I am more easygoing in a social setting.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:53 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Dunno where you're from, but I lived up in western WA for a while and can tell you a few things about people up there. The moodiness is 100% due to a lack of sun. When the sun does come out, it's like a miracle is happening...but mostly it's gloomy, and the trees are very shadowy and gloomy, too, and it's forever drizzly and wet. But! I found some interesting things...first of all, the folks up there are very drawn to color and vibrancy of any kind. In fact, that is a huge defense against the gloom. Bright colors, creativity, arts and music, I even met a number of people who were into spinning and juggling fire. Normal people, not circus people. So if you're an artist or musician, or can at least place yourself in the right light and surroundings, that might help your chances. Let a girl up there see you in a rare moment of sunshine, if you can. If I were going to try and sell anything to anyone in WA, I'd photograph it in the sun.

Also, I expected, having grown up in the shadow of Washington DC, that my remnants of east coast attitude would not allow for me to fit in. Au contraire. They love that. They even have a popular pizza joint in Olympia where the serve "NY style pizza with east coast attitude." But the staff working there were smiling at people...I told them they were doing it wrong...but the pizza was at least quite good. Anyways, I found that they love novelty, attitude...they're basically starved for stimulation up there. At least that was my take on the place.
I'm in a gloomy part of Tx unfortunately, and maybe that's why. Now that I think about it, it does rain a lot here and people are very negative and gloomy.

So it is gloomy and people are moody? Darn, so I guess I heard right then. That's so disappointing..well it still would be a great place to visit. I heard the dating scene was really good in Oregon, but idk since I've never been there.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
I'm in a gloomy part of Tx unfortunately, and maybe that's why. Now that I think about it, it does rain a lot here and people are very negative and gloomy.

So it is gloomy and people are moody? Darn, so I guess I heard right then. That's so disappointing..well it still would be a great place to visit. I heard the dating scene was really good in Oregon, but idk since I've never been there.
ATG is in Texas too and he's not complaining.

Rule number 52: play like a champion

Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:

Yeah, but it's different from any part of TX. Because there is a grandeur to nature...it might be gloomy, but it's also green. Really green. Year round.

And not everyone is gloomy, because they've figured out how to fight those blues, a lot of 'em. I've never experienced such a vibrant music and arts scene in my life. My favorites were Super Geek League (Seattle) and March Fourth Marching Band (Portland.) Do a quick Youtube and watch a couple minutes here or there, because that is how they party up there. If you see a vid for SGL's cover of "What You Know About That?" I was actually at that show, it happened up in Bellingham. It was amazeballs.

But see...I really think all of that is like a polar opposite reaction to the tendency to fall into the gloom. Some people can't fight it and get depressed...others embrace life to an explosive degree and live like there is no tomorrow.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
ATG is in Texas too and he's not complaining.

Rule number 52: play like a champion
Oh trust me, I've lived all over the state and it's awesome.

It's just this area...hmm too close to louisiana I guess for my taste.

Like the rules lol, got a list?

Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,998 times
Quote:
Maybe to a certain extent, I haven't been all over the world, but I do hope travel to Europe one day.

Anyways, I noticed that when I went into Mexico, I found dating a WHOLE lot easier, as in I had way more girls than I could shake a stick at vs in the U.S.

There is a certain way to flirt there as well and I learned it real quick as well as had some people point out some things. Here in the U.S., it seems like a mystery. I mean even if you are doing everything right, the woman could still blow you off for X reason it seems like and you would be scratching your head, wondering what you did wrong.

No need to go anywhere,you're in Texas the Mexicans come to you!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
One of the things experience has taught me is that girls usually don't blow you off for no reason. It's usually bc 1) she's not attracted to u....or 2) she feels that things won't work out between you 2

Number 1 you can fix. Number 2 you should thank her for.

For example, last night a girl messaged me on online dating. She was interested. We talked for a while and then texted. At first, it was very flirty and fun...and somewhat sexual. Soon, it turned into her lamenting about her problems and telling me about how shes scared of flying and doesn't like to go out ever. She doesn't like to travel. Our personalities are completely different. I realized this and started to lose attraction for her (well as much attraction as two people can have without meeting). She seemed to sense this, thanked me for her time, and said we weren't right for each other.

I agree.

This happens very often. Most girls won't say it to the guy...and most guys won't realize it.
yeah the thing with the girl would definitely be a turn off. I can't say that has never happened to me before.

I will say this, I guess it is me because I don't like the things people do here. I'm not racist, I'm not a redneck and I don't like to go mudding, fishing, hunting(though I have and do like to shoot guns), nor do I like country dancing, though I will dance to anything else. It's a big town with a small town mentality and I just don't like it.

I will say this though, I have recently met people from conneticut and boston and they both told me they have had problems as well, and neither one of them were bad looking dudes. The conneticut tolds me he "imports' his girls as in he pays for their plane or bus ticket. He said its worth the money than dealing with girls here. That should tell you something I suppose. I still have hope though and try not to paint everyone with the same brush. Maybe one day I will run into the woman that is right for me.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, but it's different from any part of TX. Because there is a grandeur to nature...it might be gloomy, but it's also green. Really green. Year round.

And not everyone is gloomy, because they've figured out how to fight those blues, a lot of 'em. I've never experienced such a vibrant music and arts scene in my life. My favorites were Super Geek League (Seattle) and March Fourth Marching Band (Portland.) Do a quick Youtube and watch a couple minutes here or there, because that is how they party up there. If you see a vid for SGL's cover of "What You Know About That?" I was actually at that show, it happened up in Bellingham. It was amazeballs.

But see...I really think all of that is like a polar opposite reaction to the tendency to fall into the gloom. Some people can't fight it and get depressed...others embrace life to an explosive degree and live like there is no tomorrow.
I'll look that up, I am definitely interested in moving up north or at least visiting for a while

Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
No need to go anywhere,you're in Texas the Mexicans come to you!
Haha, I wish it were that easy, there are not a lot of hispanics where I live and most get married right after highschool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships