U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:21 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,055,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Exactly and Jon Bon Jovi (I swoon just typing his name) is 50. I will take a 50 year old over a 25 year old any day

Last night while watching The Who on the 12-12-12 concert, I found myself ogling at Roger Daltry. The man is chisled...no saggy moobs. And he's 68!

Check out Rog in the mid 70s movie Tommy-droooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 04:22 PM

14,752 posts, read 28,612,669 times
Quick correct: Hefner is STILL alive. Google is not always accurate ... nor your friend.

Middle-aged Hefner:

http://readjack.files.wordpress.com/...fner_young.jpg

Old Hefner:

http://www.damnimcute.com/wp-content...and-sick-1.jpg

Shouldn't make fun of the dead and/or religion but, in one of the world religions, doesn't going to heaven imply 72 virgins? Or will he "stock up" before leaving us?

At any rate, the young girl to middle-aged professional husband thing is seen again in "American Beauty" (1999), so don't sweat it. She makes herself accessible to him (her school friend's Dad) and then has to "fess up" that she's low mileage, as in zero mileage.

Sam Mendes - American Beauty - Kiss.mpg - YouTube

Old 12-14-2012, 04:33 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,216,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
On this site and others I always hear women say only younger women are put on a pedastal as hot or beautiful and that older women are seen as "over the hill" or "past their prime". Whether you believe that to be true or not Its not like we see the opposite when it comes to men. Aside from George Clooney and maybe denzel(but not nearly as much) most of the men prized in this world and seen as "hot" are young for the most part just like women. Look at the annual hottest or sexiest lists And I see more older women (40 and up)on female lists then I see The oppisite on male lists. It's really no different, but the difference is I never hear men complain about women just wanting younger guys like I hear women complain about men wanting younger women.

As one of the mods said in another thread I remember, youth is prized in general. It's not just female youth or male youth, its both.
No, older men CAN be seen as hot as long as they're not fat, in greater numbers than women. I've seen in my life that women, even young ones, thought I was most attractive about in my 40s (we're not talking about sixties or older).

I've seen this all my life, women tend on average to like older men, while men tend on average to like women about as young as they can legally get them. Notice that I did NOT say, in every case down through history. I said, "on average".

There are reasonable evolutionary explanations for that. Women's eggs are most fertile and least damaged when they're young, before their 30s. In the past, men who bred with women of that age group were more likely to have viable offspring to pass along their genes. Men's sperm are better preserved to an older age than women's eggs, so she gains from breeding with the older males who might offer better protection of the offspring due to experience.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,313,527 times
Some older men are hot....& some younger men are hot.
I've dated older & younger & have formulated what I need, lol
If only I could get a guy whose got the endurance & stamina of a 30 year old,
the looks of a 45 year old,
the wisdom & maturity of a 50 year old
& the body of a 25 year old-
all rolled into one smoking hot lover......
I can dream

Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM

78,657 posts, read 70,531,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
There are reasonable evolutionary explanations for that. Women's eggs are most fertile and least damaged when they're young, before their 30s. In the past, men who bred with women of that age group were more likely to have viable offspring to pass along their genes. Men's sperm are better preserved to an older age than women's eggs, so she gains from breeding with the older males who might offer better protection of the offspring due to experience.
We've heard the evolution theories on every thread that remotely relates to women's or men's aging, Woof. But the fact is, that most mature, well-adjusted men want women in their age-range. And the argument about men's sperm preserving better is outdated now. They've done studies that show that men's sperm get damaged and deformed with age, so there's a higher risk of the child being born with medical challenges of one sort or another. Old theories die hard, though, I guess.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:06 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,001,347 times
Any time I ask a woman the reasons why she likes/prefers/dates older men the words I usually hear are things like

Mature
Financially stable
Loyal
Experienced
Respectful

Etc. These words come way before hot or sexy ever do(if they come at all).

But when I ask men who about older women, hot is one of the first 2 or 3 things to come out of there mouths. I see older women viewed as hot more then I ever do older guys.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,001,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
No, older men CAN be seen as hot as long as they're not fat, in greater numbers than women. I've seen in my life that women, even young ones, thought I was most attractive about in my 40s (we're not talking about sixties or older).

I've seen this all my life, women tend on average to like older men, while men tend on average to like women about as young as they can legally get them. Notice that I did NOT say, in every case down through history. I said, "on average".

Well I've always said that's one advantage we have. As a man, I can have kids at pretty much any age I want so I can delay fatherhood if I please. I have no "biological clock". The other day there was a man at 96 who had a child. It's crazy lol

The world's oldest dad has another son - at 96 | GulfNews.com

While I agree alot of older men like younger women(like most men), they are rarely able to pull these women because they just don't look good enough. Unless your like Hef for example.

Last edited by BradPiff; 12-14-2012 at 06:25 PM..

Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM

344 posts, read 339,945 times
I am 27 and am in a relationship with this young, good-looking, athletic guy who happened to be born in 1960.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM

7,752 posts, read 14,414,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
They're not actually attracted to Hefner though, it's just a form of prostitution (sleeping with him for a better career choice)

Money can you get a nice gold diggin wife (AKA the equivalent of a prostitute) but it has very little to do with actual attraction
I get the feeling that these days, the whole dynamic between Hef and his girls are contractual for marketing/business reasons. I don't believe for a minute he's sleeping with any of them.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 PM

7,752 posts, read 14,414,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Any time I ask a woman the reasons why she likes/prefers/dates older men the words I usually hear are things like

Mature
Financially stable
Loyal
Experienced
Respectful

Etc. These words come way before hot or sexy ever do(if they come at all).

But when I ask men who about older women, hot is one of the first 2 or 3 things to come out of there mouths. I see older women viewed as hot more then I ever do older guys.
OMG, when I was in my teens and twenties, I always had a thing for "older" guys and it had nothing to do with any of the things you listed. I was just sexually attracted to them. I viewed them as handsome...their faces, their bodies.

I don't consider him old (just older than me by more than 10 years), but Mike Rowe is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!

And these days, 20 to 30 year old men just don't catch my attention. 40 plus does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or