Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,254 times

Advertisements

Below is a list I saw on another website and found it interesting and accurate for the most part. I've noticed there's alot of dudes on here moaning and groaning about not getting women, and while I agree dating is very difficult, there's a good chance one or more of the reasons below is why you're not having success.

1. You are too weak
That’s right; the first and most important reason is your weakness. You do not have to balls needed for sex to happen. You fear rejection and this stops you from interacting with hundreds of potential chicks. You have problems grasping the true reality of the situation – the more chicks you approach; the more you get rejected BUT ALSO the more you get laid.
2. You aren’t proud of yourself
You’ve somehow managed to come to the conclusion that you’re not the guy women want. Instead of working towards gaining some self respect you are OK with this terrible existence. If you truly feel this way about yourself, how do you expect any woman on this planet to view you differently?
3. You’ve got a massive complex
You strongly believe that your crooked teeth or bad skin is the reason you haven’t gotten laid in 6 months. Unless you’ve been on the news because that complex makes you look like a monstrosity, you fail to realize that most people really don’t care.
4. You don’t care about the way you look
You believe that a man is not a woman and thus he should not spend some time in front of the mirror to “fix himself up”. You think guys that do their hair and dress well are gay but yet, you seem to miss the fact that they are always leaving the venue with a girl.
5. You don’t care about how fit you are
You somehow know women don’t really care about your physical appearance but again are oblivious to the fact that guys, that work out and look fit, are leaving the venue with a girl much more often that you are.
6. You’re a quitter
The first time you get rejected in a night, is also the last time because you’ve already given up. Instead of trying and trying (until you succeed) you quickly become #2 (and never succeed).
7. You say no to alcohol
You haven’t yet realized that a MODERATE USE OF alcohol is incredibly useful in social situations. Even the most socially awkward dude can lose his inhibitions and interact with women. You say no to alcohol and no to chicks that drink because you’ve got principles – while you may have that, you certainly don’t have any women in your bed.
8. All the girls you meet are from your tiny social circle
You fail to notice that the best way to meet women is to actually go out into the world and approach them. Every social circle will have a VERY limited number of potential prospects. Do you want your banged chick number to be a little over 2?
9. You are desperate for female attention
You rarely get the chance to be in the presence of a woman and when you do, you do the dumbest s**t possible. You lean in when you’re talking to her, you text/call her 10x time more often than she does, you freak out when she doesn’t immediately text/calls you back, you ask for permission, you show these sings of neediness, you lose her…
10. You’re unable to connect with women
Although you’ve got a decent age, you’ve failed to realize that the best way to connect with women is emotionally. Instead of sharing an interesting story and talking about how it made you feel, you try to use reason and logic, whilst explaining how the country got in or out of the recession. You feel frustrated that you can’t understand women, or that they just don’t get you.
11. You don’t know how to get a girl interested in you
Because you don’t understand women you find it incredibly hard to get them interested in you. You don’t know how to make them want you and this becomes increasingly difficult as time progresses. This is probably because…
12. You’re not interesting
If all you do is go to work/school, come home, and sleep. Then, it’s probably evident that all you talk about is the only thing you do (work/school). You’ve failed to realize that interesting people do interesting things thus having a lot of interesting s**t to talk about. There are no REAL excuses for not being interesting, or at least appearing to be.
13. You do not understand humor
You think that dropping random jokes in randomly inappropriate situations is the way to make people laugh. You even misinterpret the importance of making a girl laugh, as in, “Why would she need to have any fun when she’s with me?”. You don’t understand that good humor is spontaneous and situational, it’s hardly ever prepared at home and you also miss the fact that laughter always makes a girl feel good.
14. You take girls to dinner
You haven’t yet realized that dinner dates are never a step closer to getting what you want. Apart from the fact that this “dating scenario” creates a lot of unnecessary pressure on both parties it also stops you from making some real moves, such as touching as she’s on the other side of the table. Unfortunately you’ve again failed to realize the importance of alcohol. Instead of helping this social awkwardness “date scenario” with something that loosens a person’s inhibitions, you’ve decided to counter the effects of booze by throwing some food over it. Don’t you think it would be better to take girls out for drinks?
15. You’re cheap
You don’t take girls to dinner, not because you understand that taking girls to dinner decreases the chances of getting physical and scoring but, because you’re a cheap bastard! I agree that it’s never a good idea to buy girls drinks, BUT ONLY when they shamelessly request it. In every other scenario you just come out as a cheap.
16. You don’t have game
You don’t understand why the above examples are stopping you from meeting and succeeding with beautiful women. Having game is not just about understanding women, it’s about understanding the society you live in and fitting well into those social norms. You need to adapt yourself to what society desires (fashion, music, interests, technology etc), otherwise you’re just going to be the weird guy that doesn’t fit in.
I’m not saying to become mister NORMAL, because it’s always much better to have some outstanding and unique interests. However, not having any friends, not having any common interests with people, not listening to the music people listen to – just tells everyone, male and female, that you do not fit in with normal society. Think about it, if you have nothing to talk about because nothing interests you, you are doomed to a life of loneliness. Finally, not being into Justin Beiber doesn’t mean you don’t fit in, because there are just as many people that feel the same way. However being into and only into “The Spit” (some freaky howling bad rock band from the 80’s that only had 1 album), is.

The one that I agree with most is 16. What is it with guys today that are absolute tool chests. You know who you are if you do one or more of the following; play video games, (not sports games but sh*t like World of Warcraft and Halo), for more than an hour a day, you buy World of Warcraft strategy guides, a meal to you is a Hot Pocket or some other microwaved ready in seconds food, you listen to a type of music that's so wierd it doesn't even have a genre, (like rock, rap, r&b, metal, country), you listen to techno music and you actually buy it, you have exotic pets like dragons and iguanas, you collect star wars merchandise, your dvd collection consists of mostly star wars, star trek and other movies that involve aliens, you still wear stone washed and black tight fitting jeans, (they fit tight around your ass and show your ankles), you still dress-up for halloween, the ornaments on your christmas tree are mostly star wars, (believe it or not I saw them for sale when I was out shopping), you still sport a mullet, you get tattoos that no one other than you knows what the hell they are, (probably because they're sci-fi related), you don't care about what you drive as long as the stereo will play your techno music, when you do talk to a girl and she says I really like that new song by Alicia Keys you ask; "who's that," if you're out at a bar you think girls will start talking to you if you play George Michael on the jukebox, most of your check goes to video games, dvds, and microwave food, but nothing goes into a 401K

Just thought I'd be nice this Christmas season and help you guys out that are always complaing about girls not talking to you

Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Below is a list I saw on another website and found it interesting and accurate for the most part. I've noticed there's alot of dudes on here moaning and groaning about not getting women, and while I agree dating is very difficult, there's a good chance one or more of the reasons below is why you're not having success.

1. You are too weak
That’s right; the first and most important reason is your weakness. You do not have to balls needed for sex to happen. You fear rejection and this stops you from interacting with hundreds of potential chicks. You have problems grasping the true reality of the situation – the more chicks you approach; the more you get rejected BUT ALSO the more you get laid.
You’ve somehow managed to come to the conclusion that you’re not the guy women want. Instead of working towards gaining some self respect you are OK with this terrible existence. If you truly feel this way about yourself, how do you expect any woman on this planet to view you differently?
You strongly believe that your crooked teeth or bad skin is the reason you haven’t gotten laid in 6 months. Unless you’ve been on the news because that complex makes you look like a monstrosity, you fail to realize that most people really don’t care.
You believe that a man is not a woman and thus he should not spend some time in front of the mirror to “fix himself up”. You think guys that do their hair and dress well are gay but yet, you seem to miss the fact that they are always leaving the venue with a girl.
You somehow know women don’t really care about your physical appearance but again are oblivious to the fact that guys, that work out and look fit, are leaving the venue with a girl much more often that you are.
6. You’re a quitter
The first time you get rejected in a night, is also the last time because you’ve already given up. Instead of trying and trying (until you succeed) you quickly become #2 (and never succeed).
7. You say no to alcohol
You haven’t yet realized that a MODERATE USE OF alcohol is incredibly useful in social situations. Even the most socially awkward dude can lose his inhibitions and interact with women. You say no to alcohol and no to chicks that drink because you’ve got principles – while you may have that, you certainly don’t have any women in your bed.
You fail to notice that the best way to meet women is to actually go out into the world and approach them. Every social circle will have a VERY limited number of potential prospects. Do you want your banged chick number to be a little over 2?
You rarely get the chance to be in the presence of a woman and when you do, you do the dumbest s**t possible. You lean in when you’re talking to her, you text/call her 10x time more often than she does, you freak out when she doesn’t immediately text/calls you back, you ask for permission, you show these sings of neediness, you lose her…
Although you’ve got a decent age, you’ve failed to realize that the best way to connect with women is emotionally. Instead of sharing an interesting story and talking about how it made you feel, you try to use reason and logic, whilst explaining how the country got in or out of the recession. You feel frustrated that you can’t understand women, or that they just don’t get you.
Because you don’t understand women you find it incredibly hard to get them interested in you. You don’t know how to make them want you and this becomes increasingly difficult as time progresses. This is probably because…
If all you do is go to work/school, come home, and sleep. Then, it’s probably evident that all you talk about is the only thing you do (work/school). You’ve failed to realize that interesting people do interesting things thus having a lot of interesting s**t to talk about. There are no REAL excuses for not being interesting, or at least appearing to be.
You think that dropping random jokes in randomly inappropriate situations is the way to make people laugh. You even misinterpret the importance of making a girl laugh, as in, “Why would she need to have any fun when she’s with me?”. You don’t understand that good humor is spontaneous and situational, it’s hardly ever prepared at home and you also miss the fact that laughter always makes a girl feel good.
You haven’t yet realized that dinner dates are never a step closer to getting what you want. Apart from the fact that this “dating scenario” creates a lot of unnecessary pressure on both parties it also stops you from making some real moves, such as touching as she’s on the other side of the table. Unfortunately you’ve again failed to realize the importance of alcohol. Instead of helping this social awkwardness “date scenario” with something that loosens a person’s inhibitions, you’ve decided to counter the effects of booze by throwing some food over it. Don’t you think it would be better to take girls out for drinks?
15. You’re cheap
You don’t take girls to dinner, not because you understand that taking girls to dinner decreases the chances of getting physical and scoring but, because you’re a cheap bastard! I agree that it’s never a good idea to buy girls drinks, BUT ONLY when they shamelessly request it. In every other scenario you just come out as a cheap.
16. You don’t have game
You don’t understand why the above examples are stopping you from meeting and succeeding with beautiful women. Having game is not just about understanding women, it’s about understanding the society you live in and fitting well into those social norms. You need to adapt yourself to what society desires (fashion, music, interests, technology etc), otherwise you’re just going to be the weird guy that doesn’t fit in.
I’m not saying to become mister NORMAL, because it’s always much better to have some outstanding and unique interests. However, not having any friends, not having any common interests with people, not listening to the music people listen to – just tells everyone, male and female, that you do not fit in with normal society. Think about it, if you have nothing to talk about because nothing interests you, you are doomed to a life of loneliness. Finally, not being into Justin Beiber doesn’t mean you don’t fit in, because there are just as many people that feel the same way. However being into and only into “The Spit” (some freaky howling bad rock band from the 80’s that only had 1 album), is.

The one that I agree with most is 16. What is it with guys today that are absolute tool chests. You know who you are if you do one or more of the following; play video games, (not sports games but sh*t like World of Warcraft and Halo), for more than an hour a day, you buy World of Warcraft strategy guides, a meal to you is a Hot Pocket or some other microwaved ready in seconds food, you listen to a type of music that's so wierd it doesn't even have a genre, (like rock, rap, r&b, metal, country), you listen to techno music and you actually buy it, you have exotic pets like dragons and iguanas, you collect star wars merchandise, your dvd collection consists of mostly star wars, star trek and other movies that involve aliens, you still wear stone washed and black tight fitting jeans, (they fit tight around your ass and show your ankles), you still dress-up for halloween, the ornaments on your christmas tree are mostly star wars, (believe it or not I saw them for sale when I was out shopping), you still sport a mullet, you get tattoos that no one other than you knows what the hell they are, (probably because they're sci-fi related), you don't care about what you drive as long as the stereo will play your techno music, when you do talk to a girl and she says I really like that new song by Alicia Keys you ask; "who's that," if you're out at a bar you think girls will start talking to you if you play George Michael on the jukebox, most of your check goes to video games, dvds, and microwave food, but nothing goes into a 401K

Just thought I'd be nice this Christmas season and help you guys out that are always complaing about girls not talking to you
There are no girls out there apparently who have none of these traits apparently.

Look man, a couple of weeks ago I was walking to the store and I this very young couple like 19 or so walking together holding hands going into BK. This dude was wearing a black shirt that was all ripped up in the back. The girl he was with didn't look so glamorous herself. But guess what, she was with him, and I wouldn't believe it myself if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Your posts infers that every woman out there is top of the line grade-A or that they are all looking for the same thing. The only thing i agree with in that whole pretentious list was just simply putting yourself out there. Getting up and going for it. If your into things like video games and anime than find like-minded people. Hell there are a lot of girls out there into stuff like that now.

My two simple suggestions

Know who you are, find people who are like you. But above all else put yourself out there. Hell if alcoholics, drug addicts and abusers can find people than it can't be that difficult. Everything else on this list should be done for yourself not to impress others.

Last edited by Ro2113; 12-13-2012 at 04:31 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 05:16 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,120 times
Quote:

1. You are too weak
6. You’re a quitter
7. You say no to alcohol
15. You’re cheap
16. You don’t have game

This random guy comes out of NOWHERE and gives us a genius post!

I was about to create a post like this....but this is better than anything I would have come up with.

Kudos, props, and rep +10000

Hope every guy here reads this!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Regarding #14: sit next to one another?

Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
The only one I DEFINITELY agree with is 6, I think that's the number one reason. I dont hate it, but i also know If a man had posted a similar article on why women don't get guys he and it would be vilified.

What I've generally noticed is, men really get ****ted on when they complain or voice their opinions on things they find wrong with dating, women can... But men hell no. For the most part they're told to suck it up, move on, and man up(see threads on how to handle being turned down/rejected). And I think that's true in all aspects of life, guys aren't supposed to show weakness or failure and dating is no different. Even when were younger and fall on the playground were told to get up quickly and stop "acting like a girl".

Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes! This is what you're supposed to do. I love dinner dates.

I think that's gone away with many of the more traditional dating standards.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Yes! This is what you're supposed to do. I love dinner dates.

I think that's gone away with many of the more traditional dating standards.
I love sitting next to my wife at dinner, but I also love sitting across from her. Makes it much easier to make eye-contact and I'm a huge believer in eye-contact, particularly when you're first getting to know someone.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM

5,978 posts, read 13,118,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Agreed. If I take a woman out to eat, I ONLY go for a table that seats more than two people. (Square table and sit on adjacent sides). Much easier for playful touch, etc.

That way we can much more easily playfully touch each others arms, can lean back when talking yet still be physically close.

Booths are a no go, same with two-seater tables. Even if the two seater table or booth is small enough, you still have to reach across to gently touch shoulders/arms and thats awkward reaching over food, etc.

There, thats maybe rule #17.

If you take her out to eat, DO YOUR HOMEWORK, and look for a place that would be a good setting for sparking a little romance.

My choice is usually sushi, big portions are going to make you stuffed, and potential for messy, which is the opposite of feeling sexy. And raw fish, etc. doesn't give you bad breath, etc.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM

5,978 posts, read 13,118,780 times
I also think, a dinner date is best for date #3.

I think drinks, coffee, or ice cream are a great second date.

First date usually involves something a little more active. Like a short, easy, heavy traffic hike. Interestingly, I think going shopping can be a fun date to go on. What woman doesn't like shopping?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:

1. You are too weak
6. You’re a quitter
7. You say no to alcohol
15. You’re cheap
16. You don’t have game

Number 3 and 4 in your list of talking points contradict each other, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships