Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times

Advertisements

brahmabull i know EXACTLy what you mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
The key isnt to 'approach' the key is to put yourself in a position to be standing next to her when light conversation can start. You might be on a supermarket line or a starbucks line and she could be behind you or in front of you or next to you...so, you're not 'walking up to her' you're just next to her and conversation breaks out. I would imagine that's a better way of meeting people rather than seeing someone across the room and making the long walk towards her.

Very good advice sir

Both ways are incredibly awkward but one is much less so

Old 12-14-2012, 03:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I ask because I always hear this from women online

"Don't approach me at the gym cause I just want to work out and not be bothered"
"Don't approach me at the bar cause I'm just there to drink and party with my friends"
"Don't approach me on the street because it's creepy"
"Don't approach me at the store because I'm just there to shop"
*Insert another situation where I don't ever want to be approached*
etc...etc...etc....

What options does that leave? Is there ever a time where women aren't extremely annoyed by male attention of any kind?

Quote:
Women say damn near every form of approaching them is a terrible idea

Don't approach her at work - you could get fired
Don't approach her where she works - she's just trying to earn money and doesn't care about you
Don't approach her at the gym - she's just trying to work out
Don't approach her at the bar/club - she's just there to have fun with her friends
Don't approach her on the street - it's creepy
Don't approach her at every other location imaginable because of X, Y and Z reasons

So what's going on here? Do 99.99% of people just find their partner through their small social circle? Are you doomed to be alone if you don't have any friends who know single girls?

I don't mean to sound bitter in the slightest bit, just curious what one is supposed to do
Maybe you should refer back to the last thread you made on the subject instead of cluttering the board?

Where Exactly Do Women Want To Be Approached?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,192 times
^^^ /Thread

--Dim

Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
brahmabull i know EXACTLy what you mean

Thanks man, not too often that people want to post something real here

It's just mainly a bunch of sugarcoated idealistic nonsense on this forum

Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 PM

brahmabull,

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? If not, google "definition of insanity", look at the threads you've posted here, and then look in the mirror. I'm not trying to be mean, but you DO ask the same questions over and over, argue ad nauseum with anyone who tries to (helpfully) answer, and then go on about how you're right and everyone else is wrong.

--Dim

Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
brahmabull,

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? If not, google "definition of insanity", look at the threads you've posted here, and then look in the mirror. I'm not trying to be mean, but you DO ask the same questions over and over, argue ad nauseum with anyone who tries to (helpfully) answer, and then go on about how you're right and everyone else is wrong.

--Dim

I just want somebody to post some real truth on this forum and stop with the idealistic nonsense

Why is that so hard?

Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Not really, I have 2 free days a week and need the time to recover, relax and do errands
I work a 5 day workweek too but I still find time to go out and meet women various ways. Is the 5 minutes composing a message to a woman online dating saying "hi I'm _____" that taxing? Is starting a convo about getting the same coffee at Starbucks that a girl got going to feel like eternity? If "your time", is that precious to you, then don't bother even wasting time in a relationship.

Really these folks are trying to help you out. When you open your ears and mind to their advice, I guarantee you will be farther along to where you want to go. Believe me, I've done it.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,120 times
Quote:
I just want somebody to post some real truth on this forum and stop with the idealistic nonsense

Why is that so hard?
Today is Friday. Perfect night to go out ands meet girls.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Ok, you're right.

Women are evil, manipulative creatures who can snap their scrawny little fingers and get any man they want.
Women love to see us men squirm while we hope for a chance of being in a relationship with them.
Women cannot stand men, and only allow us in their lives because they need something.
Women don't like being approached by men, and prefer to talk to a brick wall instead.
Women want certain qualities in men then deny men with said qualities--and they joke about it later with other women.
Etc. Etc.

How is that for truth?

--Dim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships