Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 03:15 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,674,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Men don't have to go to the gym either, especially in their 20's, when they have good hormonal balance. Unless they sit around playing video games and eating junk food. Many women don't like that body-builder look.

This is average abercrombie model

That takes about 2 years of extreme hard work and dedication in the gym to look like that

Your average maxim model

That takes zero work to look like that, just don't eat like a f*cking hippo (as that picture says)

Oh and before you say "well that woman is top 20% in genetics", so is that male model

That's a great analogy for how the dating game is

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 03:17 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Nobody said you have to look like the Abercrombie model. Again, that's a turn-off for many women. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. The pressure to over-develop one's muscles like that is largely driven by male vanity. Male models didn't used to look like body-builders. That's ridiculous. Trim is one thing. Body-builder is a whole other ballgame. It sounds like there's a fair amount of body dysmorphic disorder in the male community, masquerading as the need to look good for women. Or maybe it's an OCD thing, kinda like the OP... lol!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Nobody said you have to look like the Abercrombie model. Again, that's a turn-off for many women. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. The pressure to over-develop one's muscles like that is largely driven by male vanity.

I'm actually far bigger and more developed than the guy in that picture, he's pretty skinny

I love working out and I love bodybuilding so I'm certainly not complaining about that at all. It's just funny to think about how similar fitness and dating are

Old 12-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I'm actually far bigger and more developed than the guy in that picture, he's pretty skinny
Add male-one-upsmanship to the list of why men fixate on body-building.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:24 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,216,688 times
Quote:

I love working out and I love bodybuilding so I'm certainly not complaining about that at all. It's just funny to think about how similar fitness and dating are
You should apply the principles from body building to meeting women. They're very similar.

I'd imagine I'd be a good body builder if I didn't hate working out so much.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, you were complaining. You were whining about how easy women have it compared to men. Again!

Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Add male-one-upsmanship to the list of why men fixate on body-building.

I just do it because I enjoy it on an emotional level and plus I like the beefy look and the women I prefer (athletic women with thicker builds) like that look too

Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,124,217 times
Quote:
This is average abercrombie model

That takes about 2 years of extreme hard work and dedication in the gym to look like that

Your average maxim model

That takes zero work to look like that, just don't eat like a f*cking hippo (as that picture says)

Oh and before you say "well that woman is top 20% in genetics", so is that male model

That's a great analogy for how the dating game is
Your problem is that you think of the real world in terms of models and your exercise regime.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:49 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,602,213 times
Quote:
Exactly - this is why nobody takes women's dating "woes" seriously

Get out there and approach the men you like or stop being so damn picky. Easy solution
would be nice if that actually happend often but most women continue to play the passive role in dating and relationships, and women can be insecure, their life can feel lonely and meaningless and they can still get a boyfriend, a relationship, but if a mans single life is like that, women will unfortuneately be repulsed by him, a man has to have something he is into that gives his life meaning, above and beyond a relationship unfortuneately, men have to do more self-improvement than women do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships