Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 05:59 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
I know a few people between the ages of 25-35 who live at home with their folks. Yes, they do work and help their parents out...none of this sitting on their arses with their hand down their pants like Al Bundy business.
As long as they pitch in and don't freeload... it's all good.

I don't really have much of an issue with people living with there parents,I personally would never be able to do it, but as long as they aren't freeloading, fine.

Sometimes it can actually work out well for both parties specifically financially, especially if the living arrangement is such as they both can have some privacy and a sense of their own space.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:24 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think that the pendulum has swung too far the other way, now parents helicopter too much, don't let kids fail.... all this stupid stuff in sports where they don't actually keep scores, no one wins or "loses"....

All a bunch of mamby pamby crap in my opinion.

Life, plain and simple... you got winners and you got losers.... as harsh as that sounds, its true.... people are coddled too much.

I see it in my work, I'm in my low 40's and I work with and interview for hire, young people right out of college, and the entitlement mentality blow me a away...... everyone expects to make 60 or 70k right out of school....

I've had a coworker who has only been in my industry for a yr or two actually treat me like I didn't know WTF I'm doing....

Shocked the hell out of me, I wouldn't have never approached someone who has 18 plus yrs more experience than me, and treat them that way..

A good chunk of younger people are beyond arrogant and obnoxious.... not all obviously but a lot that I've dealt with.......
What a fantastic post. I remember when my oldest started playing soccer at five. They didn't keep score. However, the small people did. "We won or we lost" were the first words out of his mouth.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
What a fantastic post. I remember when my oldest started playing soccer at five. They didn't keep score. However, the small people did. "We won or we lost" were the first words out of his mouth.
Everyone gets a participation ribbon though

Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM

245 posts, read 385,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Last month this guy messages me on the dating site Plenty Of Fish we exchange a few messages and then cell numbers and talked for a good 1-2 weeks really hitting it off when then he disappears.

I called him a few days later leaving him a voicemail but no return call so I figured he was no longer interested in me. So after that a few weeks passed and I had messaged him again for the hell of it and didn't get a response until last night.

He replied back saying that his cell phone got turned off so that was his access point to getting online etc. So without his cell and the internet there was no way for us to communicate until he got his phone turned back on.

So we messaged one another a bit on the dating site last night and I told him if your still interested in me, let's talk on the phone I gave him my cell and left it up to him.

He calls me we talked for a good 30 minutes and then an additional 30 minutes or so via text after that. Him leaving me hanging on my last text message due to him falling asleep.

The morning arrives and I get a text message from him saying "hey cutie" around 10:30AM, I replied back around 10:45AM "hey hey". Then I don't hear from him at all throughout today.

It's now 7PM should I continue to wait and see IF he replies to this text or calls me or should I call him or text him again?

The ball is now in his court so it's his turn to make the move, it's just I don't know what to do now, HELP.
Ignoring all the other stuff posted here, if I were ready to meet someone, I wouldn't talk to someone more than 10 mins on the phone. That's what dates are for.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 PM

548 posts, read 890,798 times
I bet even if I told you guys I had my license but no car or insurance, and worked as a stripper and still lived at home and bathed everyday you'd still say I'm worthless and can't ever find a boyfriend.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,101,900 times
Quote:
I bet even if I told you guys I had my license but no car or insurance, and worked as a stripper and still lived at home and bathed everyday you'd still say I'm worthless and can't ever find a boyfriend.
I don't think you are worthless. I wouldn't say anyone was worthless. Answer this. Are you happy right now? Do you wake up each day smiling and feeling happy? Probably not. Happiness isn't going to come to you from having a boyfriend. How good would it feel to get a job and earn a paycheck? To buy something because YOU worked for it and your parents didn't give it to you. How good would it feel to make some new friends? To take a class in something you really enjoy and are excited to learn about? Why can't you get your license? Or get a job? Or take a class? Sometimes the truth hurts and I've learned when I post here I'm going to get back all kinds of opinions with no filter.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,117 times
Quote:
No one said either of those things. You should look up self fulfilling prophecy though.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,619,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
How bout coming to philly so we can go on a date and then my APT?

TVSG next date.........

Old 12-26-2012, 02:20 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
I did not say worthless. However you in your CURRENT state do not bring much to the table to offer someone. You can change that if you WANT TO.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:41 PM

548 posts, read 890,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't think you are worthless. I wouldn't say anyone was worthless. Answer this. Are you happy right now? Do you wake up each day smiling and feeling happy? Probably not. Happiness isn't going to come to you from having a boyfriend. How good would it feel to get a job and earn a paycheck? To buy something because YOU worked for it and your parents didn't give it to you. How good would it feel to make some new friends? To take a class in something you really enjoy and are excited to learn about? Why can't you get your license? Or get a job? Or take a class? Sometimes the truth hurts and I've learned when I post here I'm going to get back all kinds of opinions with no filter.
I don't want to go to school period. Its a waste of time and money.

I don't got my license because I haven't passed the driving portion of the test and don't want to go out and practice driving because my dad is always yelling at me and plus my parents will just complain about me getting my license once I do get it so why bother get it.

I have applied to a lot of jobs, McDonalds, Toys R Us, Sears, Kmart, Walmart, etc. All got rejected and I know its due to my lack of experience, the only expeirence I got in the work field is writing and photography for magazines.

Retail experience was way back in 2007 and that was only a month before I quit to finish high school. I may have a lot of skills n stuff but still not good enough for the job field.

EVEN IF I found a good writing job the pay isn't much maybe $20-35 a story and thats only once a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.