Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

To be the best person I can be and live up to what I believe my full potential is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 PM

167 posts, read 278,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I remember an old Alicia Keys song...in it she categorizes people in four different ways.
Those who live for the fortune, those who live for the fame, those who live for the power, and those who live to play the game.

Which category would you fall into? And even if you did (or have ) achieved what you live for, does it really mean anything if you don't have someone to share it with?
Better to get a pet dog, more loyal and always happy to see you when you come home. Why live with anyone, enjoy your freedom while you have it.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:01 PM

206 posts, read 254,792 times
Quote:
I remember an old Alicia Keys song...in it she categorizes people in four different ways.
Those who live for the fortune, those who live for the fame, those who live for the power, and those who live to play the game.

Which category would you fall into? And even if you did (or have ) achieved what you live for, does it really mean anything if you don't have someone to share it with?
Mine is to do as much as I can for the common good of man, but seldom ever get recognition for it, or know it. I could make your head spin with what I did just last week.....AND I'm getting old.

Should have seen me years ago..........gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

Old 09-14-2013, 09:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
Mine is to do as much as I can for the common good of man, but seldom ever get recognition for it, or know it. I could make your head spin with what I did just last week.....AND I'm getting old.

Should have seen me years ago..........gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!
Aw shucks you are still young.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Aw shucks you are still young.
Sure, easy for you to say....

Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Wow, some people's motivation in life is only to find a mate? That is so unutterably sad.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Besides having a family...

...My motivation is to be recognized as a hero one day...

...That and sprout enough seeds of a certain tree to find two trees of a certain species carrying a very, very rare trait. Then breed those trees and make a forest out of their offspring.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Besides having a family...

...My motivation is to be recognized as a hero one day...

...That and sprout enough seeds of a certain tree to find two trees of a certain species carrying a very, very rare trait. Then breed those trees and make a forest out of their offspring.
It's overrated Hurri.

Even worse, you cannot disclose any of the full details of it.

You were a cook or some chit.....

Old 09-14-2013, 11:51 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
I know a man that I consider a hero. I don't think he is overrated at all.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:40 AM

175 posts, read 275,484 times
Quote:

I fall into none of the above categories. In terms of achieving what you want in life - having a significant other should be complwetely irrelevant to it (unless your aim in life is to have a family and raise kids).

My main motivation, or aims would be to develop more as a person and be the best version of myself that I can, try my utmost to achieve all the things I want to do, and the main one to try and help people in some way or other (have a bit of a hero complex).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships