Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 PM

681 posts, read 618,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyes84 View Post
Lol, thanks Mandate
Anytime cutie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Well, as the title implies

You keep using that word. - YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
He never missed an opportunity to remind me that I was not his dream girl, and never would be.

Quote:
I was reminded all day, every day, that his life was ruined because he never had his "virgin dream girl" that the universe owed to him, and that he would never be happy for that reason.

Quote:
Being reminded of your failings constantly is really hard on one's psyche.

Quote:
because I really, truly love(d) him.

But ladies and gentlemen, SHE LOOOOOOOOVED HIM!!!

OP. What is the matter with you?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 PM

30 posts, read 92,242 times
Zentropa, very good question. I kind of wonder myself.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Zentropa, very good question. I kind of wonder myself.
Before you enter into your next relationship you might want to acquaint yourself with the signs of verbal/emotional abuse.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 PM

I couldn't agree more. It will be a long while until I'm recovered enough from this relationship to venture into another one. At this point, I'm just focusing on me, building myself back up, and doing my own thing.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. It will be a long while until I'm recovered enough from this relationship to venture into another one. At this point, I'm just focusing on me, building myself back up, and doing my own thing.
Perfect.

A rare thread on this forum that has the potential end well

Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
To me your relationship sounds like it was emotionally/mentally abusive.
As bad as any relationship has been that I have been in, I never said anything to the effect of "You failed me..." or "you are not my dream girl".
You are better off without that relationship, as is anyone who is treated like that.

Sleep well knowing you did the right thing, and NEVER give in to his request to get back together.
Honestly, you are probably best off if you never reply/answer him ever again.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
To me your relationship sounds like it was emotionally/mentally abusive.
As bad as any relationship has been that I have been in, I never said anything to the effect of "You failed me..." or "you are not my dream girl".
You are better off without that relationship, as is anyone who is treated like that.

Sleep well knowing you did the right thing, and NEVER give in to his request to get back together.
Honestly, you are probably best off if you never reply/answer him ever again.
Thank you so much. I will unfortunately be forced to have some interaction with him, as we live(d) together, but I'm hoping to have everything out and be able to sever ties completely by the end of the week (or by Christmas at the very latest, as I'll have family in town to help with the move).

Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Well, as the title implies, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years last night. Our relationship has been doomed for quite some time now, we were just delaying the inevitable, but the timing does really suck. But I cannot put into words how incredibly thankful and overjoyed I am at finally taking this step and breaking free.

Unfortunately, as much as I love him, and I do really love him, it just wasn't meant to be. We are just too different. He never missed an opportunity to remind me that I was not his dream girl, and never would be. I was reminded all day, every day, that his life was ruined because he never had his "virgin dream girl" that the universe owed to him, and that he would never be happy for that reason. His dream girl was the opposite of me-a blonde haired, blue eyed, beer-drinking, vegetarian, virgin, nymphomanic (I am a brown haired, green eyes, only occasional drinker and NEVER beer, omnivore, non-virgin, and non-nymphomanic, although I do think I have a fairly health sex drive). Being reminded of your failings constantly is really hard on one's psyche. On the one hand, I'm glad that it's over, because the last 2 years have been pretty terrible. But on the other hand, I find it really sad that we couldn't make it work, because I really, truly love(d) him, and have never IN MY LIFE, worked so hard to make a relationship work, and because being with him is something that I'd wanted since we were in high school (we're both 28 now).

I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is other than a little bit of venting, and maybe just to say that it's a shame people don't appreciate what they have in their lives a little more, rather than focusing on what they wanted but didn't get. That's a surefire way to lose a really good thing.
Congratulations on your escape. So 2 years of your 2 and 1/2 years have been like this. I would ask you why but so many people are in your situation, and are in denial of it, or think their BF/GF will change (Not likely) that I already know the answer. Better luck on the next one. This time you will know when to Bolt when he starts exhibiting bad behavior: "Don't be afraid to run from someone that you are incompatible with"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships