Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

So basically this guy and I have been talking since October.

We got along pretty well and talked about many things. It was going well. A lot of my friends liked him for me and I started to like him as well. We both spoke the same language and came from a pretty similar background so it was even more fun.

We would do a lot fun things together (did not get sexual with each other) and really clicked. We began to hold hands, cuddle, nuzzle and stay up all night talking in each others arms (just 2 nights ago) even in front of other people and his friends. He even came and spent his birthday with me.

Basically long story short, I began to consider him and really like him. Then (Damn Facebook) began to show me some things about him commenting on this other girls page. I did not think much about it especially considering he was single but then it got me thinking. Some of the thing he wrote on there just seemed odd.

We were supposed to go see a movie today but last night, I mustered up the courage to ask him if he had a girlfriend or was seeing anyone else because of the things on Facebook. I could not find it on my conscious to go out with a guy who may already have a girlfriend despite the last couple of months.

He said that he did not have a girlfriend but planned on asking that girl out and that he wanted to tell me but did not know how to tell me. He asked if I could still meet him up for a talk instead of a movie then so he can explain. I was so upset that I just told him "No thank you but good luck on your final exam and asking her out."

In the evening today when we were supposed to go to the movie, he asked me "Can I meet you up and explain myself to you please?"

I am just so upset. I don't want to see him. And I already have an idea of what it is probably going to be like. "Oh you...I am so sorry that I lead you on for months despite knowing I really like this other girl....I am so sorry for any hurt feelings...I really hope we can be friends and I am gonna go out with this girl. Sorry!"

I guess I just wanted your opinions or thoughts about what you think he could possibly say. Is it worth going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 06:46 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,509 times
Ugg.

I'm sorry. Sounds like you should just move on. Look on the bright side. At least you didn't put out for him.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Did he not remember that you were FB friends and could see all his activity??

I think your instincts are right. Why bother listening to his "explanation," which really would just be a rationalization of why he was not being up front with you?

He's already told you everything you need to know: "I plan to ask her out."

Sorry

Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
So should I just send him a message saying I do not want to meet him up? Or just go and hear him out?

Thanks everyone!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Well, you and most of those who responded said NOT to meet him.

Unless you want to be talked into something ...

Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM

206 posts, read 269,106 times
You obviously don't have anything better to do. Meet him.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Friendzoned!

And, like a typical guy who friendzones a woman, he wants to keep you around as a backup in case things don't work out with his first choice.

Tell him, no thank you.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
I don't think I'd meet him. It's unlikely he's realized what a jerk he was or wants to be with you. He probably just feels guilty and wants you to let him off the hook, so he doesn't have to feel bad for leading you on. Let him ask out another girl and don't answer the phone when things don't work and he calls you for his back up plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:07 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So should I just send him a message saying I do not want to meet him up? Or just go and hear him out?

Thanks everyone!
No.

Arrange to meet him somewhere quite awkward, then don't turn up or call.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:15 PM

354 posts, read 517,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Arrange to meet him somewhere quite awkward, then don't turn up or call.

yep! do that. then if he whines which im sure he will... tell him payback's a bi-tch! innit? then laugh haaaaaaaaaard!

the douche is obviously a qu-eer drama queen. why else would he blatantly flirt with the other girl on FB when he KNOWS u can read it?! either that or he is the biggest idiot. either way he's a loser and u don't wanna associate urself with those degenerates do u?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships