Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
The thing is, people like that won't process or understand the article anyway. So what is the point? It's preaching to the converted. The people it wants to reach won't listen, and the people who do take away it's cardinal points already know them as common sense, as Robert sense. So in the end, it's really just a bit of cracked ranting/angry humor, nothing more and nothing less.
I disagree. There will be some that read it, and go . Why didn't anyone explain it like that before?
If at least one gets it, then it was useful. And clearly, some have. Read the comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
The thing is, people like that won't process or understand the article anyway. So what is the point? It's preaching to the converted. The people it wants to reach won't listen, and the people who do take away it's cardinal points already know them as common says, as Robert sense. So in the end, it's really just a bit of cracked ranting/angry humor, nothing more and nothing less.
You'll be converted, Duck. Don't you worry.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And so on, and so on.
I don't complain. However, I am in the "I'm done" pile and have been for quite a while. I suppose, in your eyes, that makes me a failure. No, it's what I chose, watching the selection shrink and evaluating the effort I would have to expend. I get a lot of indignant responses to that, especially when I tell people I know who I reconnect with, as in "How could you?"

And here's another story. We had a pre-wedding party at our house for one of our family members when in SoCal. Friends of different people were invited. I invited some of my own friends, and in that group, was one girl I went to college with. In attendance was also a guy who had a good job in sales with a major company, carried himself well, and sort of looked like Mike Piazza. This girl who I went to college with leans over, and sort of purring, quietly asks "Whoooo's thaaaat?" I told her who he was, what the connection to the family was, and that he was a jerk. This guy is a complete ass, and his father (now dead) was a tyrant who abused his wife, and he has NO problem getting chicks and retaining them. He had so much fun with the variety that he postponed marriage until middle age, and has a much younger woman.

Throw out the lists. Write your own script. It may or may not work. That's the chance you take. At least, it will be original.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
1.what is the motivation
Play
part time
full time
2. what women are available ,do they want ,
play
part time
full time.
3. Honesty
play
part time
full time
4. comitment
play
part time
full time

If you are out there just looking for play ,that's easy. many people are into play and gone the next day .
Some are just bouncing from one relationship to another ,part time mentality no comitment only a pretence to one.
Some are desperate and begin making wedding plans before she knows you last name .
many guys I know are just plain gun shy,when it comes to women because to put it bluntly, they are not honest and don't tell you what they are really thinking ,and want you to read their mind .
Personally ,women that are hapily married or women not interested in men at all, are far easier to talk to . they have no other ajenda.
If women could just learn to be friends with men , the way women are friends with other women ,a lot of these problems would go away .
And this fantasy world many of you invent , is only seting you self up for dissappointment , when will you all learn ?

Last edited by arleigh; 12-18-2012 at 09:31 PM..

Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM

I just dig writing what I feel and think I explain things fairly well. However, look at that, a rep ratio of 1:2.

But, good Lord, this is CD-Relationships and watch how those who tow the line, on this and similar topics, look mighty fine in the rep department.

What do I see:
- The one who loves/likes less controls
- The law of equal attraction usually holds true
- Forget the "got game" thing, because you can't fake that
- People have a "type" and you may not be able to overcome that
- Money talks and bullshyt walks
- Etc.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If women could just learn to be friends with men , the way women are friends with other women ,a lot of these problems would go away .
And this fantasy world many of you invent , is only seting you self up for dissappointment , when will you all learn ?
I've always believed this, but not exactly worded "the way women are friends with other women." The most successful relationships are those where one has coupled with, or married, their "best friend," i.e. a coming together of equals.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 PM

24 posts, read 26,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
You've nearly hit the nail on the head. It's not about "getting" the girl. It's about becoming a better person in order to begin a cascading effect where many things in your life get better, because you are an active participant instead of a passive victim. When you DO things, positive productive things, you have moments of pride, glory and success. You become more confident. People, not just women, are drawn to that.

I tell my kids this about having friends in school. Work on yourself, and don't worry about it...before you know it, others will seek you out.

I also tell people this about raising kids. If you want to be a better parent, be a better person. Nothing is so powerful as the example you're providing.
I agree, it was my feeble attempt at sarcasm. I watch the second video in the article also. It seems the discussion has been on whether or not this will help you get a girlfriend. I took away from the article to become a better person offer the world something. When you do get a girlfriend you will have a better relationship. You don't volunteer in an orphanage because you think it will get you a girl you do it because it is a positive thing to do and it will make you a better person. If you become a better person you will have better relationships with friends and women.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't complain. However, I am in the "I'm done" pile and have been for quite a while. I suppose, in your eyes, that makes me a failure. No, it's what I chose, watching the selection shrink and evaluating the effort I would have to expend. I get a lot of indignant responses to that, especially when I tell people I know who I reconnect with, as in "How could you?"
You don't complain?

Quote:
And here's another story. We had a pre-wedding party at our house for one of our family members when in SoCal. Friends of different people were invited. I invited some of my own friends, and in that group, was one girl I went to college with. In attendance was also a guy who had a good job in sales with a major company, carried himself well, and sort of looked like Mike Piazza. This girl who I went to college with leans over, and sort of purring, quietly asks "Whoooo's thaaaat?" I told her who he was, what the connection to the family was, and that he was a jerk. This guy is a complete ass, and his father (now dead) was a tyrant who abused his wife, and he has NO problem getting chicks and retaining them. He had so much fun with the variety that he postponed marriage until middle age, and has a much younger woman.
See, that right there, to me, falls into the complaining department.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times
Quote:

Throw out the lists. Write your own script. It may or may not work. That's the chance you take. At least, it will be original.
There's your answer.

If he's a good salesman, I'm sure he's good at selling himself too.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
You'll be converted, Duck. Don't you worry.
Should I be worried? I'll lock the doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships