Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Diesel guy= guy who runs on diesel. Very expensive nowadays, high maintenance. At least he'll run pretty quiet though.

Here I was thinking it something to do with Ven Diesel. Sad to say, I'm serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
However, the difference is that the vast majority American women would never actively pursue foreign men...ie go to the respective country specifically for the purpose of marrying a non-American man or seek out services that conduct tours in order to meet foreign men.

When was the last time you heard an American woman say "American guys suck, I'm going to Transylvaniaslovakia or Malaysikistan to find a good husband?"
That's the difference? You think the vast majority of American men would do that?

Old 12-18-2012, 01:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
That's the difference? You think the vast majority of American men would do that?
I think she was posting in reference to several threads here in the past that have seen an overwhelming number of male participants say they'd do just that. Advocating it for all, even.

Context is so important when interpreting people's comments here...

Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
It wasn't intended to come off as negative; it was a direct quote from what this woman said to me. And it's not bashing men....maybe you're overly sensitive
I understand that, and I'm not suggesting that I'm in any way offended by your post. I'm just finding it interesting that so many posters are blinded by their own hypocrisy.

It wan't my intention to hijack your thread by taking it in a different direction than you intended, and my apologies if I've ended up doing that.

I've had four serious relationships in my life. Two of the women were foreign born and raised (one British, the other Korean) and two were Americans. In regards to the foreign women, there were obvious cultural differences--some enlightening, some perplexing. What all four had in common is that they were independent, intelligent, and completely wonderful people. I consider myself lucky to have had all of them as apart of my life.

The only cautionary advice I'd give to you is the same that I'd give to men who are seeking relationships with foreign women: be wary. Sincerity is an easy thing to feign from a distance.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:10 PM

202 posts, read 479,427 times
I think the person said that because she is not European.. I'm European, I'd love to date an American guy instead of an Euro one...

Old 12-18-2012, 02:12 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
I understand that, and I'm not suggesting that I'm in any way offended by your post. I'm just finding it interesting that so many posters are blinded by their own hypocrisy.

It wan't my intention to hijack your thread by taking it in a different direction than you intended, and my apologies if I've ended up doing that.

I've had four serious relationships in my life. Two of the women were foreign born and raised (one British, the other Korean) and two were Americans. In regards to the foreign women, there were obvious cultural differences--some enlightening, some perplexing. What all four had in common is that they were independent, intelligent, and completely wonderful people. I consider myself lucky to have had all of them as apart of my life.

The only cautionary advice I'd give to you is the same that I'd give to men who are seeking relationships with foreign women: be wary. Sincerity is an easy thing to feign from a distance.
No need to apologize, lol

At the moment I have no intentions of hopping on a plane for Europe

My original reason for the thread was just to throw her opinions out there & see what the responses would be.
I think there's good & bad in every nationality; being discerning is crucial.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeitup View Post
I think the person said that because she is not European.. I'm European, I'd love to date an American guy instead of an Euro one...
I'm told American guys are considered pretty hot in Australia...

Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm told American guys are considered pretty hot in Australia...
People like new things. My friends from Trinidad tell me the women there love american men, especially our "accents".

Old 12-18-2012, 02:42 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I don't know if they're better, but I certainly have an affinity for them. My best relationships have been with Europeans. I mesh better with them.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
People like new things. My friends from Trinidad tell me the women there love american men, especially our "accents".
Well, supposedly the cultural thing in Australia means a lot of the guys are into hanging out with their guy friends. Americans don't have that "mateship" culture. But the thing for American men got started during WWII, I'm told, when literally boatloads of American sailors would stop in Australia. The "mate"-oriented Aussies just couldn't compare with boatloads of sex-starved Yanks, who, according to the media at the time, were polite and charming, gifting flowers, etc. It was revolutionary, I'm told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships