Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
One thing that is different now than in the fifties is that there is much less pressure now to marry. I suppose that makes some women less serious about dating, but the same could be said for men.

right. and a lot of women had to get married back then because of lack of skills/education. I mean they could sew, teach, file papers, etc. but they were not going to make the same kind of money men made in factories and the like. They basically were at the mercy of the husband (sounds like nightmare on Elm Street to me). He worked and the women took care of the home/kids -- he didn't have all these options for 'hussies' then like they do today either. Thank God women can support themselves today and don't have to rely on these modern men because that's a freaking joke!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
oh yeah, women are soooooooooooooooo hot these day.

freakonomics » why are women more likely to be obese than men?

this!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
this!

so then date in shape men. problem solved.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
I don't think women are more attractive. When I look at pictures from other eras I see alot of women I'm not impressed with

However Some "betas"(not all most still do decent) can't get anyone because alot of women(like 5/6 at a time)are dating one top notch alpha all at once. So that leaves some men out in the cold, especially in the younger years(HS/College, middle 20's). See if "alphas" were only sleeping with Hot girls this wouldn't be a problem for "betas" because there would be more average women to go around.

The whole "20 percent of men are having sex with 80 percent of the women" thing is closer then alot of people like to admit

Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so then date in shape men. problem solved.

Gay men are fit at least.

Finding Thin Interview: MeMe Roth - YouTube

Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I don't think women are more attractive. When I look at pictures from other eras I see alot of women I'm not impressed with

However Some "betas"(not all most still do decent) can't get anyone because alot of women(like 5/6 at a time)are dating one top notch alpha all at once. So that leaves some men out in the cold, especially in the younger years(HS/College, middle 20's). See if "alphas" were only sleeping with Hot girls this wouldn't be a problem for "betas" because there would be more average women to go around.

The whole "20 percent of men are having sex with 80 percent of the women" thing is closer then alot of people like to admit

YES i totally agree with this. Average looking and obese women want non-clingy alpha males these days. And you are right, it's like one alpha male has a lot of different women. 20% of the population is getting laid a LOT while the rest of us don't get anything.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM

3,996 posts, read 5,012,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Okay, who "called you out"?
I was wondering the same thing. When you post the topic and state your theory, are you not prepared to have some people disagree? Also, I haven't noticed anyone outright disagreeing with the entire post but rather parts of it?

OP, you tend to "think" you're complementing women, but you're seriously blinded to your theory being complementary. Your bottom line still seems to be that you don't think women like you and you're trying to justify it at all costs. Like other confident guys here have said, relax, work on yourself, be natural and stop making these huge assumptions.

Sorry if I think your generalizations about the 50's is slightly inaccurate but I think you should try a different angle...

Old 12-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Exactly. So date gay men and you won't have a problem.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

Sorry if I think your generalizations about the 50's is slightly inaccurate but I think you should try a different angle...
Hmm... what angle do you think i should try? I already tried the Misandry bubble angle. People thought i was crazy, although they will realize in 5 years or so. The women will be wishing they had enjoyed their pro-female, anti-male world once the misandry bubble bursts and these ladies see what real equality is.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Hmm... what angle do you think i should try? I already tried the Misandry bubble angle. People thought i was crazy, although they will realize in 5 years or so. The women will be wishing they had enjoyed their pro-female, anti-male world once the misandry bubble bursts and these ladies see what real equality is.
Why don't you just re-post your old threads, instead of pretending to start new ones with the same old posts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships