U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 AM

2,929 posts, read 3,471,177 times

Advertisements

Because they continually choose the wrong people. If women only want "bad guys," then what do they expect? And if they cheat themselves, what are they complaining about?

Almost all women who say "all men cheat" merely mean, "all my exes have cheated on me." Women who love men, like being around them and enjoy them thoroughly wouldn't be caught dead making such a bitter and self-incriminating remark. Why? Because they know the quote, "all men cheat" is absurd and inaccurate.

Most of the married men I've known over the years were monogamous and did not cheat. The ones that ended up unhappy, divorced or separated being sleeping with a new woman.

If a person is cheated on in every relationship, the fault lies with them. They are choosing the wrong types of men or women.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 AM

12,296 posts, read 7,331,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
A bit off topic but I'm exactly the same way and I have heard my ex wife and a few girlfriends ask me that exact same question, "How come you never get mad?". I'm an overly tolerant and understanding person with a very calm, easy going, relaxed personality but on the rare occasion when I do get mad, it's not pretty and, even a little scary so I've been told.
Sounds perfect to me.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM

25,120 posts, read 26,927,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Because they continually choose the wrong people. If women only want "bad guys," then what do they expect? And if they cheat themselves, what are they complaining about?

Almost all women who say "all men cheat" merely mean, "all my exes have cheated on me." Women who love men, like being around them and enjoy them thoroughly wouldn't be caught dead making such a bitter and self-incriminating remark. Why? Because they know the quote, "all men cheat" is absurd and inaccurate.

Most of the married men I've known over the years were monogamous and did not cheat. The ones that ended up unhappy, divorced or separated being sleeping with a new woman.

If a person is cheated on in every relationship, the fault lies with them. They are choosing the wrong types of men or women.
This is good, but I would like to add to this.

I think the biggest problem is when people get into relationships too quickly. You know, unless there is instantaneous chemistry, unless you are a impeccable judge of character, it's really hard to know someone after three dates.

The other issue is when one simply goes by whatever the SO says, rather than watch what the SO does. I had an employee who was like that. She was continuously sprinkling her conversation with tales of her missionary work in Africa, her church activities, etc. etc. etc.

Yet, whenever a good looking guy came in the room, she locked on target. She made a very explicit overture to me, too. It was no secret that she was married to a total clod, but this woman wasn't even subtle with her flirting. Once when we had clients come in from out of town for a planning session, I had to essentially threaten her with firing if she didn't cool it with one of the clients in a restaurant. I mean, this was a woman who men just flocked around and she took full advantage of it.

So this woman was the classic example of saying one thing and doing another. She let me know two years after leaving my firm that she was divorcing her husband. And I wasn't surprised in the least.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

3,572 posts, read 2,993,713 times
First of all some people never cheat ever!

I know one lady who cheated on her husband because he had a very small "tool". Like the size of a small finger. He was also a selfish jerk. Probably he was not too concerned about pleasing her most of the time, but he did try when she said she was leaving him. She left him anyway. He is now with another lady and she seems to be happy with him.

Sometimes the man or the woman in a relationship has a problem where they can't have sex. Medical or whatever. The other half need to fill his/her needs elsewhere, but still loves the person they are having a relationship with. Wants to stay with that person.

Then I mostly know about men who cheat...

-Sometimes men travel due to their jobs and just need to "answer the call of nature". They do not love those they fool around with, it is just sex. They do love their wives and would prefer to do it with them if they did not have to travel.

-Some men are "horn dogs" and no number of partners will ever satisfy them. Always looking for new adventures. The more, the merrier is their thinking.

-Some men want to do things their partners will not do - refuse to do. So they get that elsewhere.

-And with others, their relationship is on the rocks and soon to break up.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Status: "Trying to put "Christmas' inside you." (set 2 days ago)

16,113 posts, read 8,262,106 times
I'm batting like 40% on the being cheated on part lol.

my first and my last relationships I had ended like that. The first one was because I was naive and I know I ignored some signs. When I confronted them both I tried putting the guy through a window.

The 2nd time as more obvious, I told her that I wasn't going to have a child with her at the time, and I guess she went nuts. I didn't meet the guy because knowing all the problems she actually had, I sent him over FB a thank you. I saw her about a year after she had the baby coming out of Sams and I dropped on me knees in front of the store and thanked Jesus that I wasn't attached to that c*nt.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:24 PM

24 posts, read 9,984 times
Coming from a family of cheaters, grandfather, uncles, aunts and my father. Once a cheater always a cheater. They married some of the people they cheated on with then cheated on them. So if you think you are the one that will satisfy them and they will stop cheating probable not. Only old age (you take their walkers away). Why did they cheat? They have tons of excuses and rationalizations. The point I always make is if you are unsatisfied with one relationship end it before you start another. But that is not as exciting I guess. They were also charming and knew what to say.

Last edited by whereverIgothereIam; 12-19-2012 at 12:45 PM..

Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 PM

4,566 posts, read 2,215,585 times
Some are drawn, unconsciously, to partners who hurt them; they think (they have learned early in life that) they deserve it.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 PM

8,739 posts, read 4,857,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes! Good question! One of my good friends has been cheated on by every man she's been with. I don't know why that always happens to her (she doesn't either). Now she is convinced that ALL men cheat, but I don't feel that way since I've not been cheated on. We often argue about this. I don't know what to tell her.

because most of them cheat, that's why. if every man she gets cheated on her, that must mean there's not many out there that don't.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 PM

9,655 posts, read 5,078,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
First of all some people never cheat ever!

I know one lady who cheated on her husband because he had a very small "tool". Like the size of a small finger. He was also a selfish jerk. Probably he was not too concerned about pleasing her most of the time, but he did try when she said she was leaving him. She left him anyway. He is now with another lady and she seems to be happy with him.

Sometimes the man or the woman in a relationship has a problem where they can't have sex. Medical or whatever. The other half need to fill his/her needs elsewhere, but still loves the person they are having a relationship with. Wants to stay with that person.

Then I mostly know about men who cheat...

-Sometimes men travel due to their jobs and just need to "answer the call of nature". They do not love those they fool around with, it is just sex. They do love their wives and would prefer to do it with them if they did not have to travel.

-Some men are "horn dogs" and no number of partners will ever satisfy them. Always looking for new adventures. The more, the merrier is their thinking.

-Some men want to do things their partners will not do - refuse to do. So they get that elsewhere.

-And with others, their relationship is on the rocks and soon to break up.
"I know one lady who cheated on her husband because he had a very small "tool". Like the size of a small finger. He was also a selfish jerk."
Then why did she marry him. Sounds like the common "It's always the mans fault" scenario

"Then I mostly know about men who cheat..."
I'm mostly exposed to cheating women. Two of the men I work with just divorced over their wives infidelity and one of the women who hangs out at my favorite pub makes sure everybody knows whats she's up to.
I believe the women do it for reasons just as varied as the men even though not always the exact same ones.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM

25,120 posts, read 26,927,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
because most of them cheat, that's why. if every man she gets cheated on her, that must mean there's not many out there that don't.
No. It's because she doesn't have very good judgment. She goes out and chooses losers, then lumps all men together as a result. Hmmmmm, does that remind us of anyone else on this message board?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships